2 of 2
An up-and-coming Muslim Europe?
Posted: 27 March 2010 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  985
Joined  2005-12-16
unsmoked - 23 March 2010 05:27 PM

Google: Project Reason, then select ‘forum.’  I think you’ll find that your name, avatar, password, number of posts etc. remain the same as here.  You won’t begin as a newbie.  (at the Project Reason forum just type in same name and password as here when logging in.)

Thank you. I followed your advice and started a discussion on the Project Reason forum. So far it is going better than anything I tried here. And there are no trolls yet grin

Posted: 12 August 2010 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16
unsmoked - 01 June 2009 02:54 PM

Islam is now the fastest-growing religion in Europe.  The birthrate among European Muslims is three times that of their non-Muslim neighbors.  If current trends continue, France will be a majority-Muslim country in twenty-five years - and that is if immigration were to stop tomorrow.

Any idea how Sam figures this? I did some simple math using the following numbers and came up with 87 years, not 25.

Population of France - approximately 64 million
Muslims in France - about 10% or 6.4 million (this is the highest estimate, the actual number is probably more like 6%)
Birth rate as of 2009 - 12.85 per 1,000 people (tripled this for the Muslim population)
Death rate as of 2009 - 8.56 per 1,000 people

When I drop the initial Muslim population to 6%, it’s 109 years before they become a majority.

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 06 April 2011 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2011-04-03
eudemonia - 03 June 2009 10:34 AM

Troubling. Nuke ‘em!

Consider it a done deal after the US has nuked the Bible Belt.

PS: Oh and yes, you should not be too reliant on precision bombing.

Signature 

Causality is nothing but an assumption about the non-reducibility of a model that correlates two or more events of physical reality.

Posted: 06 April 2011 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-04-03

“Let us briefly consider where our discordant reigious certainties are leading us on a global scale.  The earth is now home to about 1.4 billion Muslims, many of whom believe that one day you and I will either convert to Islam, live in subjugation to a Muslim caliphate, or be put to death for our unbelief. 

Islam is now the fastest-growing religion in Europe.  The birthrate among European Muslims is three times that of their non-Muslim neighbors.  If current trends continue, France will be a majority-Muslim country in twenty-five years - and that is if immigration were to stop tomorrow. 

Throughout Europe, Muslim communities often show little inclination to acquire the secular and civil values of their host countries, and yet they exploit these values to the utmost, demanding tolerance for their misogyny, their anti-Semitism, and the religious hatred that is regularly preached in their mosques.  Forced marriages, honor killings, punitive gang rapes, and a homicidal loathing of homosexuals are now features of an otherwise secular Europe, courtesy of Islam. 

Political correctness and the fear of racism have made many Europeans reluctant to oppose the terrifying religious commitments of the extremists in their midst.  With a few exceptions, the only public figures who have had the courage to speak honestly about the threat that Islam now poses to European society seem to be fascists.  This does not bode well for the future of civilization.”

Sam Harris - ‘LETTER TO A CHRISTIAN NATION’ - pages 83, 84, 85

Of course this is what happens everywhere in Europe. Democratic freedom, separation of church and state, the high ideals of secularism, they make only weak societies that shit their pants on the very first occasion. Secular societies lack belief in the power of their ideals because they don’t really believe in it themselves.

Signature 

Causality is nothing but an assumption about the non-reducibility of a model that correlates two or more events of physical reality.

Posted: 06 April 2011 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-04-03
unsmoked - 03 June 2009 05:50 PM

Forced marriages, honor killings, punitive gang rapes, and a homicidal loathing of homosexuals are now features of an otherwise secular Europe, courtesy of Islam. 

Sam Harris - ‘LETTER TO A CHRISTIAN NATION’ - pages 83, 84, 85

It seems that there would presently be French laws against all of the above - with stiff penalties.  Further, since the worldwide population explosion is already taxing earth’s resources (water, food, energy etc.) - there needs to be a strong world government and a strictly enforced law - 2 children per family - or pay steep additional taxes.  A wealthy family with 10 kids would stand out like those who drive Hummers to go for groceries, or those who fill swimming pools while people die of thirst.

Why not cut off some balls here and there, Mengele style, to stress the high democratic secular principles that you claim to defend?

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2011 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2005-02-22

I can’t believe how determine this Yenmap guy is put his spam right here and only right here….

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 03 March 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-03

I was disappointed Sam didnt include a reference for the birth-rate claim.

heres what I found on google

http://www.meforum.org/337/islam-in-france-the-french-way-of-life-is-in

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed