Praying
Posted: 02 February 2005 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

after i tell people im losing my faith, people keep telling me to pray to god and hell answer me. We'll i have been and these people are getting quite annoying… anyone got any good comebacks to people with the response of somethign along the lines of..

the only way you know which one religion is right for you is to pray about it with a sincere heart mine and soul. one can not work with out the other. God will let you know which church to join. don't let websites tell you that God is fake or not real or to question your faith. that is just Satan tryint to steer you away from God. Don't worry about it. just pray about it and the answer you are lookin for will come to you. be in a sign or a warm fuzzy feelin in your heart. you will know

Posted: 02 February 2005 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

And…..uh…..how is that working for you?

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 02 February 2005 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

somethign with deep thought for these simple minded dumbasses

Posted: 03 February 2005 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Prayer is the great security blanket of the religious mind. A tsunami kills 300,000 people and religious folks advise everyone to pray. What a futile and deceitful waste of time. Use your imagination; surely after 2,000 years, religious leaders could have figured out some other scam to foist on the gullible masses. But why bother? - the gullibles keep coming back for more regardless.

What a sad joke the whole thing is. My dear Guest, you can waste your whole life talking to imaginary beings if you choose, but you’d be far happier just getting out there and doing something practical to help your fellow man or enrich your mind. Get off your knees man, and start behaving like a sentient being.

Posted: 04 February 2005 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

Just tell them you have prayed and God has answered you, and you now follow the path he has put you on, and then say God Bless you Brother, and go on your merry way.

Throw in a Hallejuah or two, put them on a christmas card list, and get on with your life.  The Jehovah’s witnesses seem satisfied with this.

And until we fully understand the workings of the human mind, I wouldnt say prayer is totally ineffective, however it for sure isn’t causing an intercession by a holy father, more like there is some power to prayer similar to meditation.

btw any science on this?  changes in brain chemistry or electrical wave output in states of prayer or meditation?

can’t believe I have missed it.

Posted: 05 February 2005 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

There was an article in Scientific American a few months ago concerning changing brain states in meditation.  It was verifiec via cat scan.  I will look up the article, if I can find it.

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 05 February 2005 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

I have found these useful:

Evangelist: Have you come to accept the Lord Jesus as your personal savior? Are you a Christiian?
Resonse: I was a Christian brother, but I am recoving nicely thank you.

Evangelist: Have you been born again?
Response: I decided to grow up instead.

Evangelist: Please join me in prayer.
Response: To which god do you pray.

Posted: 07 February 2005 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02
[quote author=“Anonymous”]somethign with deep thought for these simple minded dumbasses

Simple minded. Do you know the concept of a mental placebo?

Your thoughts are not deep. They are shallow like all those who embrace blind faith.

Because we are not religious, we are stupid?

So you want to change us with the kindness and goodness of your perfect faith but you insult us?

“I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -Voltaire

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.” -Voltaire

Posted: 08 February 2005 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again : Voltaire is the man.

Posted: 08 February 2005 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

nice quotes

Posted: 08 February 2005 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“Anonymous”]after i tell people im losing my faith, people keep telling me to pray to god and hell answer me.

If we’re supposed to obey god without question, what are we supposed to do if god orders us to disobey it?

‹‹ I LOVE GOD      Minister says ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed