Virginia and Kentucky Pass Resolutions Lauding Pat Robertson and Manhattan Declaration
Posted: 19 March 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Virgina passes a resolution lauding Pat Robertson.

# Whereas in 1995 Robertson said, “Demons work behind the Hindu and other Oriential religions, as well as behind the teaching of mind control”;
# Whereas in 1998 Robertson said, “I want to state very clearly, ladies and gentlemen, there’s no such thing in the Constituton as, quote, separation of church and state. That term does not exist in the United States Constitution. It existed in the former Soviet Union’s constitution but not America”;
# Whereas in 1998 Robertson warned the city of Orlando not to fly rainbow flags from light poles, noting, “f a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation, if it’ll bring about terrorist bombs; [if] it’ll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, it isn’t necessarily something we ought to open our arms to. And I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those flags in God’s face if I were you.”;
# Whereas in 2001 Robertson responded to the Sept. 11 attacks by saying, “We have insulted God at the highest levels of our government. And, then we say, ‘Why does this happen?’ Well, why it’s happening is that God Almighty is lifting his protection from us”;

If this didn’t come from Rob Boston and AU, I’d swear it came from The Onion.

On a related note…

Kentucky has a resolution recognizing The Manhattan Declaration.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28448354/KY-Manhattan-Declaration-resolution

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 10 November 2010 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-10-14

Uhhhhhh. That’s not the real resolution.  It’s AU’s version of how they think that the resolution should read.

Of course AU’s is a lot better!  Robertson really is a total f up. 

SLD

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed