A New God
Posted: 05 April 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2010-11-12

Ok…....People are simply not going to give up their belief in a higher power.
Over the years many have attempted to reshape the old Judeo-Islamic-Christian god.
How about we come up with a brand new god that isn’t so god damn mean and self-centered.
Perhaps humans can cling to a deity that is a little kinder and less judgemental until the day we
can all live in a world free from delusional fear-based thought.
And until someone can come up with a better name, I propose we call Him Bob.

[ Edited: 05 April 2012 10:00 AM by toombaru]

Posted: 05 April 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
toombaru - 05 April 2012 09:57 AM

Over the years many have attempted to reshape the old Judeo-Islamic-Christian god.
How about we come up with a brand new god that isn’t so god damn mean and self-centered.
Perhaps humans can cling to a deity that is a little kinder and less judgemental until the day we

We’re going to need a new creation story and I’m drawing a blank.
Can anybody maybe start off with something like…...
“In the beginning…...........................................

Posted: 05 April 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
toombaru - 05 April 2012 10:04 AM
toombaru - 05 April 2012 09:57 AM

We’re going to need a new creation story and I’m drawing a blank.
Can anybody maybe start off with something like…...
“In the beginning…...........................................

Personally…....I prefer that He not be any kind of animal.
I don’t like the idea of asking a dog or cat for anything.
And I’m pretty sure that I don’t want Him to be human-like.
..........a great big brain isn’t too appealing….................
.....you know…........there is no reason that He has to be a male….............
Plants and insects are out for sure.
I don’t think that what-ever-It-is should be able to answer prayers.
What if my enemies get the jump on me?...:-0
It shouldn’t be able to bless one country or state at the expense of the others.
If people are dying…....maybe He shouldn’t be able to intervene.
Their relatives would probably keep asking….....and asking.
It probably shouldn’t be able to fix broken machinery.
All the manufacturers would go broke and fire all the people that work for them.
Maybe It shouldn’t be able to heal people.
What would all the doctor’s and drug companies do?
It definitely shouldn’t be able to help anyone win the lottery or put the fix on football games.
It shouldn’t be able to suspend the laws of nature to perform miracles.
If it changes the course of a hurricane….......some other little town will be wiped out.

Golly…....this is a lot harder than I thought!

[ Edited: 05 April 2012 11:13 AM by toombaru]

Posted: 06 April 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2011-05-06

That statement is not true. Robspierre (French Revolution) thought the same thing about “the people” and eventually tried to elevated himself to God status on account of it, thinking if people need a god, then it might as well be himself.

Today, religion and belief in god is at a low point in France.

And anyway the sick destructive kill-the-gays /  deny-climate-change/ promote social darwinism   evangelical type religion is nowhere to be found.

Atheist are the fastest growing religious category in the U.S.  Religion has essentially perma-fucked itself with their latest hit- “global warming is a secualr liberal conspiracy” and in twenty thirty years time , it will die a fast and long overdue death in the US. Their own children will hate them the way the Nazi’s kids hated their own parents…

Good way to explode your “movement” Be colossally and catastrophically   wrong and then inflict that wrongness on the rest of society,  causing large numbers of people just die horrible deaths and even larger numbers to suffer unspeakably.

[ Edited: 06 April 2012 12:36 PM by softwarevisualization]

Posted: 06 April 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
softwarevisualization - 06 April 2012 12:33 PM

That statement is not true. Robspierre (French Revolution) thought the same thing about “the people” and eventually tried to elevated himself to God status on account of it, thinking if people need a god, then it might as well be himself.

Today, religion and belief in god is at a low point in France.

And anyway the sick destructive kill-the-gays /  deny-climate-change/ promote social darwinism   evangelical type religion is nowhere to be found.

Atheist are the fastest growing religious category in the U.S.  Religion has essentially perma-fucked itself with their latest hit- “global warming is a secualr liberal conspiracy” and in twenty thirty years time , it will die a fast and long overdue death in the US. Their own children will hate them the way the Nazi’s kids hated their own parents…

Good way to explode your “movement” Be colossally and catastrophically   wrong and then inflict that wrongness on the rest of society,  causing large numbers of people just die horrible deaths and even larger numbers to suffer unspeakably.

Polls indicate that 92% of Americans surveyed state that they believe is God or some form of transcendent intelligence in the universe.
And granted, a few are able to break the spell but most will cling to their delusional beliefs even when presented with irrefutable that everything they were told is fiction.
It seems that part of their mind actually closes down when confronted with a little logic.
I imagine that they can always pull “the devil is trying to trick me” thing when they feel in a corner.
The JWs and the Mormons are told that everyone outside of their religion are devils.
So in their mind, we can’t be trusted no matter how cogent our argument is.
I see no hope for them.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed