2 of 2
The black holes
Posted: 24 April 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-03-11

People seem to be reading a level of intensity into my posts that I am not experiencing at all. I do try to be as clear as possible about what I am saying, and, brevity is also important, since people like fady don’t have much of an attention span. But, let me assure you that I am not at all worked up, and, I do have a great deal of fun with this.

Fady is not ‘just a devout muslim’, if, by that, you mean an adherent to an odd, but basically harmless, set of ideas. A more accurate description would be something like ‘Fady is merely the stupefied sock puppet of a psychotic system of ideas which is at war with the whole world.’

Dawn’s problem, like many moderate christians, is that she has the Think/Speak sequence reversed. If she resisted the urge to immediately jump to the defense of the god of abraham, and actually watched those crazy videos that fady posted the links to, and had a look at what he is actually promoting, she would be a lot slower to hop onto her white horse and ride in on his behalf.

And, let me just say one more time that I am not at all worked up. I have no personal ax to grind here. I was not burdened with a religious upbringing, I did not fall prey to some cult as a teenager, none of that stuff. I just realize that I have to squeeze the idea into a very small space because they don’t listen for long.

Posted: 24 April 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-03-11
DawnCCC - 24 April 2012 04:30 PM

I just find it more pleasant when people can have a difference of opinion without attacking one another.  Now if Fady has an IQ of 90 would you be more forgiving of his post??? As Sam Harris argues, Fady has no choice, so maybe we should avoid be overly critical of one another based on that supposed fact???  Notice I pose these as questions, I am here to learn and share.  What kind of Christian I am should not matter unless I make it an issue, judge not lest ye be judged (forget that is biblical and just consider it words to the wise).  BTW, I was not raised to be a Christian, nor encoraged to do so, nor am I a church goer… I pray in private and have no need to flock to/with others based on their beliefs.  I have more Atheists in my family than Christians, how’s that???  I love to read anything relating to religion and thirst for knowledge of the early days of Christianity as well as other religions, I feel that mankind has this need as a survival mechanism and all the warring over religion could be a form of population control and/or gene selection / natural selection.  One isssue I have with Christianity is that eventually eugenics will have to be considered, it has already been tested in several societies it will actually be a humane action but not one that the hard headed religious right will consider.

This is merely yet another mealy-mouthed way of saying that his religious ideas should be respected. They should not. I am not saying that he should not be allowed to express them, though. I welcome the opportunity for a little inter-faith dialogue. He needs to know just how far off the grid his ideas are, and the whole world profits from that.

I do not care what his I.Q. is. He could be a genius, dumber than a coal bucket, or anything in between and his posts would draw exactly the same response from me. That ‘judge not’ foolishness is another idea that needs to disappear into the pages of history. Ideas, like fady’s, have consequences. People’s actions are based on their beliefs, so, judge me on my behaviour. That is precisely what I do with the people that I encounter.

Society seems to have forgotten how to call crazy crazy. Fady is crazy, and there is no way I would beat around the bush on that one just because he is also a bit simple.

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed