1 of 2
Liberals are unscientific
Posted: 24 August 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12

Humans are the only organism that attempts to improve themselves by redistributing wealth.
This philosophy creates an atmosphere of animosity and greed in which the poor distrust the wealthy.
An arbitrary imposition circumvents the cleansing effects of natural selection.

[ Edited: 24 August 2012 09:13 AM by toombaru]

Posted: 24 August 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

We are the only species that disobeys natural selection, and often.

Heck, at this very moment, I’m wearing a condom.  I’m also in favour of wheelchair ramps.

And I think you have things out of order.  The resentment is already there.  What you seem to be stating is akin to asserting that poor people didn’t start to get sick until public health services became available.

[ Edited: 24 August 2012 11:50 AM by Ice Monkey]
 Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Ice Monkey - 24 August 2012 11:47 AM

We are the only species that disobeys natural selection, and often.

Heck, at this very moment, I’m wearing a condom.  I’m also in favour of wheelchair ramps.

And I think you have things out of order.  The resentment is already there.  What you seem to be stating is akin to asserting that poor people didn’t start to get sick until public health services became available.

I am saying that when political liberals, in their self serving philanthropy with other people’s money, seek to “redistribute wealth”’  ,they are actually doing long term harm to the species.

Posted: 24 August 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

uh huh.

If you want to improve America and have no conscience, a better plan would be to stop feeding the stupid people.  The collective IQ would catch up to the rest of the planet in a matter of a few generations.

Could start out small - outlaw warning labels and let nature take its course.

[ Edited: 24 August 2012 03:07 PM by Ice Monkey]
 Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 24 August 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Ice Monkey - 24 August 2012 02:51 PM

uh huh.

If you want to improve America and have no conscience, a better plan would be to stop feeding the stupid people.  The collective IQ would catch up to the rest of the planet in a matter of a few generations.

Who would of thought that compassion would lead to the downfall of civilization?
:-0

Posted: 24 August 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
toombaru - 24 August 2012 08:30 AM

Humans are the only organism that attempts to improve themselves by redistributing wealth.
This philosophy creates an atmosphere of animosity and greed in which the poor distrust the wealthy.
An arbitrary imposition circumvents the cleansing effects of natural selection.

My brother is a professor of philosophy,
He earns sixty thousand dollars a year and pays about fifteen thousand dollars in taxes.
He fills his student’s heads full of fluff.
I have earned over twenty five million dollars and have employed over two hundred people in my lifetime.
I pay an obscene amount of taxes.
Who do you think has helped more people?

[ Edited: 01 September 2012 01:27 PM by toombaru]

Posted: 25 August 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-08-14
Ice Monkey - 24 August 2012 02:51 PM

uh huh.

Really?  You’re going to pull the “lol, americans are so dumb” card?  There are a lot of stupid people in this country…and in that respect, at least, the United States is not so different from the rest of the world.

Posted: 30 August 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2006-10-20
toombaru - 24 August 2012 07:16 PM

Who do you think has helped more people.

Helped people in what way?  And why is one way of helping better than another and who gets to decide?  Or are just bitter because you pay taxes to support what you think are the useless efforts of your brother?

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Skipshot - 30 August 2012 05:34 PM

Helped people in what way?  And why is one way of helping better than another and who gets to decide?  Or are just bitter because you pay taxes to support what you think are the useless efforts of your brother?

Over ten million dollars redistributed by the government feeds a lot of people and pays for a lot of public services.
Has anyone ever improved their own life, or the life of others, by taking a beginning philosophy class?
Has anyone resolved the conundrums that exist only in the human mind?
Most people imagine that philosophy professors understand the philosophers they study.
Get to know one and you pretty soon know that they are more befuddled than non-academicians.

Posted: 30 August 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-20
toombaru - 30 August 2012 06:28 PM

Over ten million dollars redistributed by the government feeds a lot of people and pays for a lot of public services.
Has anyone ever improved their own life, or the life of others, by taking a beginning philosophy class?
Most people imagine that philosophy professors understand the philosophers they study.
Get to know one and you pretty soon know that they are more befuddled than non-academicians.

This doesn’t answer my questions.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Skipshot - 30 August 2012 07:19 PM

Have you ever taken Philosophy 101 in collage?

Posted: 30 August 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-20
toombaru - 30 August 2012 07:26 PM

Why won’t you answer my question?

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
Skipshot - 30 August 2012 07:47 PM
toombaru - 30 August 2012 07:26 PM

Why won’t you answer my question?

Would you rather have a public health clinic or a discourse on Kant?
THAT is an answer to your question.

[ Edited: 30 August 2012 08:35 PM by toombaru]

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-20
toombaru - 30 August 2012 08:31 PM

Would you rather have a public health clinic or a discourse on Kant?
THAT is an answer to your question.

Why do you answer my questions with questions?  It gets us no where.  My questions are not difficult to answer if you feel so strongly about the subject.  However, if you insist your position may not be questioned and must be accepted without explanation then there’s no point continuing the discussion and I remain unconvinced and have no compulsion to provide an answer why.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2012-08-29

He earns sixty thousand dollars a year and pays about fifteen thousand dollars in taxes.
I have earned over twenty five million dollars and have employed over two hundred people in my lifetime.

My brother is the owner of a pizza place.
He earns sixty thousand dollars a year, but he won’t show me his tax returns.
He makes a pretty damn good pizza.
I have earned forty-eleven billion billion billion dollars and employ and infinite number of people.
I pay 12% in taxes.
Do you think I’m lying? Do think I engage in non-sequiturs? Do you think I quote myself? Do you think I’ve had this much success and still don’t have the sense to end a query with a question mark.

Posted: 01 September 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
TheCoolinator - 30 August 2012 11:45 PM

My brother is the owner of a pizza place.
He earns sixty thousand dollars a year, but he won’t show me his tax returns.
He makes a pretty damn good pizza.
I have earned forty-eleven billion billion billion dollars and employ and infinite number of people.
I pay 12% in taxes.
Do you think I’m lying? Do think I engage in non-sequiturs? Do you think I quote myself? Do you think I’ve had this much success and still don’t have the sense to end a query with a question mark.

I went back and added a question mark.
Could I order a pizza with extra non-sequiturs?

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed