Signed/Autographed Books
Posted: 05 October 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-10-05

So I live in Ohio and haven’t had the chance to ever go to a book signing, lecture, or debate. This sadly means I have never even had the chance to get a book signed. My fiance is the kind of guy who would rather have an amazing library than a cool car or flashy gadget, So I really think he would appreciate a signed copy of one of his favorite authors, Sam Harris. Any suggestions on how to get my hands on one? (I have done the old ebay and internet search route, I really want Letter to a Christian Nation or Free Will, but he would love any book). Thanks!

Posted: 05 October 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
SomeLikeItTaught - 05 October 2012 08:39 AM

So I live in Ohio and haven’t had the chance to ever go to a book signing, lecture, or debate. This sadly means I have never even had the chance to get a book signed. My fiance is the kind of guy who would rather have an amazing library than a cool car or flashy gadget, So I really think he would appreciate a signed copy of one of his favorite authors, Sam Harris. Any suggestions on how to get my hands on one? (I have done the old ebay and internet search route, I really want Letter to a Christian Nation or Free Will, but he would love any book). Thanks!

Hey Taughtie.  Never been to a book signing either.  But all my books by Michael Shermer and my two by Tim Callahan are signed.  I simply emailed both authors and made the requests, sent them a cheque, and they seemed happy to have signed copies sent to me.

Of course, Sam may ignore you and spank me for the suggestion, but you never know if you don’t ask.

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed