And In This Corner….
Posted: 01 April 2005 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Who will win, will it be jehova or allah?  Place your bets.

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 01 April 2005 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

This past weekend, I watched a Discovery Channel program concerning the findings of scientists that a mega volcano probably exists beneath Yellowstone Park.  With the data available at this time, and the recent geologic activity, it is quite possible that the US could be destroyed in 2007.

If such a disaster should occur, would Islam then become the “one true religion” in the world?  Isn’t that the criteria by which religion is formed and perpertrated?  Scenario:  If it’s “us and them”, our god declares retaliation or revenge against their beliefs or their god.  Any naturally occurring disaster affecting them then becomes justification for our righteousness.  The next presumption is that all our righteous claims pertaining to our god are just and provable, while theirs are null and void.

Unfortunately, our herding instincts will probably enable us to follow whatever voices offer this so called “proof”.  Christians or Muslims… seems to me, the same rhetoric on both sides.  Neither will win.

Posted: 01 April 2005 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

I’ve seen the Discovery channel show about the mega-volcano under Yellowstone Park, too. Even if it were really there and did blow in 2007, it would be a terrible disaster but it would hardly destroy the United States!

That’s the trouble with all the “end times” disasters I’ve ever heard of. After all, if Chernobyl didn’t do it, since it spread radioactive clouds over most of Europe and tore up a huge section of the Ukraine, how big a disaster do the end timers want? In the cited Islamic article, it talks about a huge flood in the US. Well, considering the potential of rising waters as the earth warms, that’s certainly a possibility that could make a mess of the east and west coasts, but it wouldn’t destroy the whole country, and much of the Islamic world wouldn’t exactly be sitting high and dry, either. Even a disaster like an all-out nuclear war could probably end much of civilization in the northern hemisphere, but most of the southern hemisphere would remain untouched and Life on Earth would gradually recover and go on as usual, just as it is doing around Chernobyl. We live on a dynamic, active, ever-changing planet, and if we didn’t there probably wouldn’t be any life here.

Posted: 20 April 2005 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

I think the Vatican in Rome would have something to say about the end of Christianity, not to mention most of south america

get a grip

Posted: 23 April 2005 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

In the highly unlikely event the USA disappears anytime soon,I don’t think Islam would become the “one true religion” I think China would invade the muslim countries,kill many people,steal their oil and force the
remaining Muslims way underground.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed