13 of 13
The Cult of Evolutionists
Posted: 13 September 2008 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25
zacherystaylor - 13 September 2008 11:40 PM

I’m not ruling out the possibility that you threw this out just to invite dispute.

All right I’ll bite this time.

Whether evolutionism is a cult depends on whether or not they make an effort to find out what is true or not. And whether or not they do a good job showing the work and allowing scrutiny.

As far as I can tell they are doing a far better job doing this than religions however not as good as they could and should. They still need to do a better job explaining evolution and teaching rational thought. But they don’t qualify as a cult like religions that make no effort at all to figure out what is true they just tell people to believe what they are told.

Not to invite dispute, as much as I love dispute, but simply to state a fact. Why of course zach, of course it is a cult. Like any other social group of this sort, they are devoted to beliefs or practices that the population at large considers to be outside the mainstream. Church and “mainstream” are like apple pie, hot dogs, and chevys. Evolution does not fit into the equation.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 14 September 2008 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04
TheChampion - 14 September 2008 03:34 AM
zacherystaylor - 13 September 2008 11:40 PM

I’m not ruling out the possibility that you threw this out just to invite dispute.

All right I’ll bite this time.

Whether evolutionism is a cult depends on whether or not they make an effort to find out what is true or not. And whether or not they do a good job showing the work and allowing scrutiny.

As far as I can tell they are doing a far better job doing this than religions however not as good as they could and should. They still need to do a better job explaining evolution and teaching rational thought. But they don’t qualify as a cult like religions that make no effort at all to figure out what is true they just tell people to believe what they are told.

Not to invite dispute, as much as I love dispute, but simply to state a fact. Why of course zach, of course it is a cult. Like any other social group of this sort, they are devoted to beliefs or practices that the population at large considers to be outside the mainstream. Church and “mainstream” are like apple pie, hot dogs, and chevys. Evolution does not fit into the equation.

Wrong, you silly clown. Remember that America is part of the big wide world, and in that sense, America doesn’t really fit in.

U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

13 of 13

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed