Haven't heard a peep of condemnation from Islamic Leaders
Posted: 08 July 2005 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Is it just me or has there been no condemnation of the latest terrorist attack on innocent women and children by Islamic leaders? I mean, it could be just me.

If a so-called Christain did something like that, within the hour you would have Falwell, Graham, Swaggart, Pat Robertson, James Robinson, Cardinals, the Pope, etc,. all vehemently derriding the attack with righteous indignation.

Not trying to stir up trouble or condeming anyone, actually I have it is a small few who perpatrate this outrageous slimy underhanded barbaric cruel violence. But I haven't recalled any headlines with outrage or condemantion for CAIR or other Islamic leaders. Actually, on Tucker Carlson last night he had a piece where it was said that many mosques in the middle east would actually welcome the barbaric murder of innocent people, women and children included.

So I am just throwing it out there.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 08 July 2005 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

the islamic consel of britain denounced it, be maybe they are affaird of revenge bombings by infidel brits.

Posted: 08 July 2005 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

MrMody, well that is good to hear.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 08 July 2005 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

If a so-called Christain did something like that, within the hour you would have Falwell, Graham, Swaggart, Pat Robertson, James Robinson, Cardinals, the Pope, etc,. all vehemently derriding the attack with righteous indignation.

Are you kidding????  I never heard from ANY of those jerks after ANY of the abortion clinic bombings, and that is nothing but a terrorist attack! 

Where were they after beatings/killings of gays?

That “holier than thou” crap doesnt wash!

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 08 July 2005 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

hampsteadpete…...hampsteadpete, never has a right wing religious leader ever shied away from condeming a murder clinic, oops, I mean the bombing of an abortion clinic from a so-called Christian, never did they shy away from the beating death of anybody who killed in the name of Christ. They passionately protect the purity of the message of the Gospel, which is the love your neighbor as yourself. Geez, if everybody would just love their neighbor as theirself, as Jesus asked us to do, we’d be living in a perfect world.

But sin reigns in this world and because of the sinful nature man has no qualms in literally terrorizing and destroying his neighbors. May Christ’s teaching overall evil in this world.

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2005 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.muslims/index.html

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2005 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2005-03-11

Arabs and Muslims in Britain and across the world expressed outrage at the terrorist attacks in London, with the dominant viewpoint summed up by one person who wrote on a Web site, “Enough ... enough.”

I have long believed that this sentiment reflects the definitive answer to the problem of terrorism.  The very nature of terrorism, whether by Islamic radicals or any other exponent of terrorist culture, cannot and will not be eradicated by governments alone.  It is the responsibility of the citizens of the world to decide that “enough is enough”.  The billions of citizens of earth do have the power to quell this terrible infection of our world’s society.

Only when enough rational and responsible citizens in every country accept personal responsibility to stop the madness will we see the beginning of the end of terrorism.  Enough individuals must take personal action on a country, state, city, and neighborhood level to stop anyone known to be perpetrating murder and mayhem.  For every terrorist engaged in such actions, there are at least several ‘uninvolved’ people who are aware of their actions.  Those people have the power of intervention. 

As terrorism continues to enrage enough of the people of the world, politics and religion will matter less.  Human life and death on a personal level affects more individuals than either ideology.  The great majority of people in this world wish to live lives of peace and happiness.  If you deprive enough people of these basic ideals for long enough, you will have a revolution.  By their indiscriminate actions in killing their own people, terrorists are placing themselves on the losing end of that revolution.

Unfortunately, as Sam Harris has expressed, we may not have time to wait for that conclusion.  My hope is that outrage following so much senseless killing will somehow spread and catalyze into a backlash against terrorism worldwide.  A collective outrage has been the history of societies, resulting in momentous change.  What can we do to encourage and promote that reaction worldwide?  Any ideas?

Maggie

Posted: 08 July 2005 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2005-02-07

I have mixed feelings about the “moderate” Muslim response.

On the one hand, it’s worth noting the places where the bombings were centered (detonated with timers, indicating an intent to strike these specific places): Aldgate—the poorest and most Muslim part of England; and Edgware Road—the center of Muslim and Arab life in London and, arguably, Europe.  It’s a stark reminder to “moderates” of the cost of speaking out against the radicals among them. It’s also an important reminder that this isn’t primarily a war between Islam and the rest of the world, but a war within Islam, from which the side that deserves to loose has chosen to strike at the liberal impulse they feel poisons the Master Faith. The fascist turnip-brains who carried out this massacre despise liberal, nonviolent Muslims who choose to live peacefully in the West as much as they despise the rest of us. So, it doesn’t surprise me that so many are so frightened.

But, on the other hand, I still don’t think it’s asking too much for liberal, moderate and secular Muslims to show a little more courage. Where,   one British commentator asks , is the Muslim Gandhi? Money quote:

It is only when you start thinking about what we are not getting from leaders of British Muslims, and indeed Muslim religious leadership throughout the world, that you start to see how much needs doing. The moderates are not pressed hard for anything more than a general condemnation of the extremists.

When did you last hear criticisms of named extremist groups and organisations by Muslim leaders, or support for their expulsion, imprisonment or extradition? How often do you see fatwas issued against suicide bombers and other terrorists, or statements by learned men declaring that people who commit such deeds will go to hell?

When do Muslim leaders and congregations insist that a particular imam leave his mosque because of the poison that he disseminates every Friday? When did a British Muslim last go after a Muslim who advocates or practises violence with anything like the zeal with which so many went after Salman Rushdie?

Why is not more stigma attached to the Muslims who are murdering other Muslims every day in Iraq and the Middle East?

What communal protection is offered to those Muslims who really are brave and confront Islamist violence, or the poor treatment of women, or call for democracy in the Middle East? How much do mainstream political parties with Muslim councillors and candidates really insist on their religious moderation and co-opt them to extrude the bad people lurking within their communities?

I understand and accept that there are many moderates among British Muslims, but I want to know why Britain gets so pitifully little to show for their moderation.

As for Britain, so for the rest of us.

Today, we are all liberal Muslims. I just wish the reverse was true, as well.

Posted: 09 July 2005 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

GVI, all very excellent points. Also, I learned a bit more the past few days about the civil war within Islam.

Signature 

‹‹ something funny      Cautionary Notes ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed