Okay Champ - where's your Gawd in all of this?
Posted: 23 September 2005 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2005-06-09

A bunch of old folks riding in a bus away from Houston to try to get away from Gawd's Hurricane Rita…their bus is in a HUGE traffic jam in 90-degree heat and somehow manages to catch on fire…the flames cause the old people's oxygen tanks to explode one-by-one, turning the entire bus into an incinerator. All the old people burned to a crisp, died horrible deaths. And this is because…? And Gawd came to their rescue…? No, of course not.
Face it, Champ (and your ilk): this planet and this universe is just random madness. Horrible events after horrible events. What would YOU say to the children whose parents died in this bus, eh?

Posted: 23 September 2005 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Hi Cactus Ed, our imperfect world is the result of sin. Sin is in the world and until it is removed, bad things can happen. Bad things happen to good people, not just bad people. But God in his grace will resurrect all believers on that great and mighty day. He will wipe away all of our tears as well.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 23 September 2005 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2005-06-09

This is EXACTLY what I’d expect for you to say, Champ! Blame a hurricane and an awful painful horrible death on the victims. Some of your heroes in the evangelical world said the other hurricane hit New Orleans because Ellen Degeneres (sp?) was from there, and Ellen is one of those HORRIBLE LESBIANS(!) Now why didn’t God send a tornado to Dick Cheney’s daughter’s house?

Posted: 23 September 2005 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

the unsaved were given a preview of their afterlife.

Posted: 23 September 2005 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

Well, one thing should be clear from all this. Trying to evacuate millions of people from major cities by car is NOT the way to do it. The administration’s “every man for himself” attitude, you’re on your own or forget about it, and you’d better have money and own a car, doesn’t seem to be either very “Godly” or very effective, does it? New York’s (Republican) governor wanted to shut down the Indian Point reactor, which is old and leaking anyway, because he has enough sense to realize that NYC’s eight million wouldn’t have a chance of getting out of the way; sitting in a traffic jam for a day or so under radioactive fallout would also be an unpleasant way to die. The Bush administration decided in its holy wisdom not to allow him to close it.

Maybe it’s time for this administration to get its nose out of the Bible and take a hard look at the requirements of the modern world? How come God doesn’t give them enough insight to deal with some of the disasters they’re required to deal with? There just happen to be two nuclear (not nucular) reactors in the path of Rita…..

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed