Sai-Baba Dabba Doo
Posted: 12 December 2007 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

For those of you who still think that there is a limit to the gullibility and stupidity of even privileged, well-educated people, this BBC special will relieve you of this idea.

Usually when someone says they wouldn’t hit their breaks if so-and-so would be crossing the street in front of them they mean this metaphorically.

If this lying pervert would ever be in my sights I think I would actually run him over.

This is just under an hour.

http://richarddawkins.net/article,1970,Secret-Swami—-About-Sai-Baba,BBC

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 19 December 2007 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Thanks for the fascinating and thought-provoking ride on that link Sander. I got lost in the guru funhouse for hours. (That’s the second time you’ve done that to me mister.) They got it backwards in India, Baba Dabba’s not in the godhood, he’s the head-god. 
Check out the Diary of Alexandra Nagel (the link is attached to one of the commenters). The diary revealed an insecure, devoted child trying to get daddy’s (the swarmi, I mean swamji’s) attention and validation….one has to wonder if she didn’t get that at home from her own father and fam. She was riddled with self-doubt and low self-esteem. At one point she asks herself if the Baba Dabba is trying to teach her that “understanding things intellectually is insufficient while in life it’s all about real other things, namely love with a capital ‘L’. ?” She then asks herself: “Is the swami offering this lesson?” It struck me that this poor girl was so hypnotically enamored with this “spiritual” authority figure that she attributed her own ideas to this pervert.
When will people wake up and realize all religions are actually cults?
It also answered a question my dad brought up on a recent visit from out of town: The question isn’t why do certain individuals crave power and authority over others, it’s why do so many people become followers? It appears that supposedly intelligent people who already suffer from low self-esteem are easy targets…and then they continue to beat it down, insert fear and voila, instant glassy-eyed smilin’ dimbot… sad, so sad.
Personally, I never understood why certain individuals want an authority to tell them what and how to be in the world…nor do I understand the desire in some individuals to detach from seeing, hearing, feeling and emotions. Might as well be dead if that’s what you want.

I think burt needs to check this site out.

Thanks again sander man.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 30 December 2007 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

I read this post and watched almost all of the video not long after this was posted.  My comments would be reflections of others, I’m sure.

I just can’t resist posting, though.  Everytime I see this post listed, I chuckle because I hear the intended, “Sai-Baba DABBA DOOOOOOOO!”  Then I find myself singing the Scooby Doo theme song.  *big cheesy grin*

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 30 December 2007 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2007-10-05
Sander - 12 December 2007 06:41 PM

For those of you who still think that there is a limit to the gullibility and stupidity of even privileged, well-educated people, this BBC special will relieve you of this idea.

Usually when someone says they wouldn’t hit their breaks if so-and-so would be crossing the street in front of them they mean this metaphorically.

If this lying pervert would ever be in my sights I think I would actually run him over.

This is just under an hour.

http://richarddawkins.net/article,1970,Secret-Swami—-About-Sai-Baba,BBC

Please, borrow my car.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed