Maharishi Mahesh Yogi attains oneness with the universe.
Posted: 06 February 2008 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the “giggling guru”, died today at the age of 91. He was famous for founding the Trancendental Meditation movement, and for his involvement with popstars such as the Beatles. It’s often believed that John Lennon wrote the line “You made a fool of everyone,” from his song Sexy Sadie about him.

His obituary can be read here.

He’s no longer “flying” on mats, now he’s hopping on the clouds.

[ Edited: 06 February 2008 05:35 PM by Celsus]
 Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 06 February 2008 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

Whilst I usually loathe bumping my own thread, I just wanted to inform anyone who is interested that I have fixed the above link. It should work just fine now.

Sorry for any inconvenience. red face

Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 31 March 2008 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-12-05

TM - what a great earner.How much is a mantra worth these days?

Even the Buddhists are getting into it.

[ Edited: 31 March 2008 03:40 AM by meloncolin]
 Signature 

“All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed…
Second, it is Violently Opposed…
Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident.”

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted: 12 April 2008 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Celsus - 06 February 2008 07:43 AM

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the “giggling guru”, died today at the age of 91. He was famous for founding the Trancendental Meditation movement, and for his involvement with popstars such as the Beatles. It’s often believed that John Lennon wrote the line “You made a fool of everyone,” from his song Sexy Sadie about him.

His obituary can be read here.

He’s no longer “flying” on mats, now he’s hopping on the clouds.

I feel conflicted about the ex Yogi,who has now joined the forcefield invisible, and his TM legacy.

On the one hand he appears to be responsible for some truly awful Beatles songs but he did influence the movies of David Lynch (a great TM fan).
And who can imagine a world without Mulholland Drive ?

I bought the ‘special’ DVD version which provides clues to what is going on in the film. Sadly they did not help me.

I really can not imagine the enormity of the amount of pot I would have to smoke to make sense of that flick.

No doubt my ignorance of TM is to blame here.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

‹‹ Panpsychism      Book tip ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"