Is the “god” of the Torah really a skinhead?
Posted: 27 February 2008 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-10-05

According to the fictional scriptures this “loving parent” made numerous death threats and acted on the same. Just a few examples; drowning his children, killing the Egyptian first born, annihilating the peoples of Canaan, burning Sodom and Gomorrah, and killing Uzzah for touching the “Ark of the Covenant.” 

The “god” described in the Torah sounds more like someone who collects guns and uses them on a regular basis to kill people, wears a hood while burning crosses in the yards of those who are different, subjugates and abuses women, and lives off of money he beats out of his kids (tithes and offerings). The depiction of “god” as a refined man in a halo of light is very erroneous. The white robes part is accurate but artists need to add a white hood. When not depicted in robes/bedsheets it would be more accurate to depict “god” as a dude with racist tattoos, a shaved head, holding a rifle in one hand, and a hangman’s noose in the other. This “god” is not a being I would worship and I am amazed that people actually admit to believing in such a racist deity.

Signature 

“Most of the Israelites did not come from outside Canaan - they emerged from within it. There was no mass Exodus from Egypt…no violent conquest of Canaan. The early Israelites were - irony of ironies - themselves originally Canaanites!

The conquest of Canaan by Joshua could not have happened [as] described in the Bible. Most of the towns…either weren’t inhabited, didn’t exist or were conquered at wildly different times.” —Finkelstein and Silberman

Posted: 27 February 2008 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

All gods seem to have their tyrannical, despotically fascistic side, don’t they?
I never could quite understand either, why would an all-powerful god would need to be worshipped? Being all-powerful and all, why would god have such a low self-esteem as to need its creatures to worship it?
Silly manimals… 
I’ve said this before, but it seems appropriate to repeat here:
P.1: IF absolute power corrupts
P.2: AND God has absolute power
C: THEN: God is corrupt.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed