Criticism vs. persecution
Posted: 11 July 2008 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2007-10-05

“One big, fat problem with ideological fanatics, and one give away that someone IS an ideological fanatic, is that they are incapable of distinguishing *criticism* from *persecution*. This is the case with religious as well as non-religious varieties of fanatics.

Any questioning of their ideological master, or the wisdom of their goals, or anything else about their program, isn’t welcomed as an argument to be met, but as an *affront* motivated by sinister motives. It feeds a victim complex, which in turn (like everything else at that point) is made by the fanatic’s mind into just *more* evidence that *he is right* (since ideologies always posit that precisely because they are the absolute truth, the “wicked” will always war against them). . . . .”
—Tal Bachman

Signature 

“Most of the Israelites did not come from outside Canaan - they emerged from within it. There was no mass Exodus from Egypt…no violent conquest of Canaan. The early Israelites were - irony of ironies - themselves originally Canaanites!

The conquest of Canaan by Joshua could not have happened [as] described in the Bible. Most of the towns…either weren’t inhabited, didn’t exist or were conquered at wildly different times.” —Finkelstein and Silberman

Posted: 13 July 2008 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2006-02-19

The other clue to fanaticism is that people loose their sense of humor. One can tell someone’s lost all perspective when they announce that their particular issue is far too serious to be made fun of.

Signature 

People have said that an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of keyboards would produce the works of Shakespeare, but the internet has shown this to be wrong.

Posted: 16 July 2008 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Oy gevalt! All these schmucks persecuting us all the time…..don’t even get me started! No, it’s too late now, I’m ferklempt. Oy vey, I’m so ferklempt that I could plotz! Give me a moment…..

Talk amongst yourselves…..

Okay, I feel much better. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna shlep on over to the kitchen, and make me a ham sandwich on white bread. Shalom!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed