Poll
Will Americans allow Rove and Co. to fool them again?
Yeppers! Most Americans are idiots 6
Nope, we won’t get fooled again 1
Don’t know 0
Don’t care 0
Total Votes: 7
You must be a logged-in member to vote
The two faces of Rove and more
Posted: 04 September 2008 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

A snippet from Jon Stewart revealing republican hypocrisy in classic Jon Stewart fashion:

(scroll down to vid.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/04/jon-stewart-hits-karl-rov_n_123852.html

[ Edited: 04 September 2008 02:40 PM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 04 September 2008 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
isocratic infidel - 04 September 2008 06:37 PM

A snippet from Jon Stewart revealing republican hypocrisy in classic Jon Stewart fashion:

(scroll down to vid.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/04/jon-stewart-hits-karl-rov_n_123852.html

Just watched it. Good thing we got Jon Stewart for the real news.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 04 September 2008 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2007-05-22
eucaryote - 04 September 2008 08:01 PM
isocratic infidel - 04 September 2008 06:37 PM

(scroll down to vid.)

Just watched it. Good thing we got Jon Stewart for the real news.

I agree euc, this was brilliant.  Jon Stewart is the real “most trusted name in news.”  I’d pay money to watch Karl Rove’s and Bill O’Reilly’s face as they watch their own hypocrisy blasted over the airwaves to the millions of Jon Stewart/Daily Show fans.  …Not to mention that dick, Dick Morris.

Signature 

Something’s Moving.

~Albert Einstein

Posted: 04 September 2008 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Found a better link to the same show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8uGenNjOAI

I personally liked the reference to Rove’s head being “like a lump of unbaked bread dough…” LOL 

JetT: A dick named Dick being full of sh-beeep-t…. hummmn, something must of gone wrong in his pituitary glands during puberty.

How many times did McCain say fight tonight?

And did anyone catch his wife Cindy calling Palin a “pistol-packin’ momma with five kids” like it was a good thing.

Holy fucking hell.

[ Edited: 04 September 2008 08:40 PM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 04 September 2008 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
isocratic infidel - 05 September 2008 12:36 AM

And did anyone catch his wife Cindy calling Palin a “pistol-packin’ momma with five kids” like it was a good thing.

Holy fucking hell.

Did anybody else catch Palin and Cindy chatting out of the corner of their eye and think “Hmmm… what are Megan Mullally and Amy Poehler chatting about?”

Honestly, I’ve had difficulty watching the convention. I keep wanting to throttle my TV.

I just don’t have a gauge for how people in fear will vote. The GOP is doing their usual bang-up job of playing to those folks. The Republicans I know keep saying things like “I’ll be really scared the first 6 months Obama is in office” but I can’t seem to get a rational explanation for that. Incoherent statements beginning with “The terrorists will…” or “Obama’s taxes will…” seem to be the rule of the day.

Nonsensical stuff.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 05 September 2008 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
isocratic infidel - 05 September 2008 12:36 AM

And did anyone catch his wife Cindy calling Palin a “pistol-packin’ momma with five kids”

Exactly what kind of image am I supposed to conjure?! Did I miss that movie?

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed