8 of 9
An Immediate request of all Sam Harris.org members
Posted: 16 December 2008 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2008-10-19
little baby cheeses - 05 December 2008 01:16 AM
Immediate Suppression - 04 December 2008 04:39 AM

But last time I checked, no one in this forum has threatened to commit an ‘honour killing’(Did you mean honor killing?).

I distinctly remember something you considered to be threat to your life, you whined about it several times in several different areas.  I considered it a humorous image of shit for brains dribbling down a wall.  I have reconsidered my position and, were it to occur, the act of throwing you against the wall would meet my definition of an honour killing - with or without a u.

So do you also propose to throw me against a wall, like Salt Creek has, or are you simply pretending to be an atheist fundamentalist?

[ Edited: 16 December 2008 05:27 PM by Immediate Suppression]
 Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 16 December 2008 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-19
M is for Malapert - 08 December 2008 05:22 PM

Several people have complained about this by now.  Stop it.

What are you going to do if I don’t?  Insult me or threaten to harm me,  atheist fundamentalist-style?

[ Edited: 16 December 2008 05:28 PM by Immediate Suppression]
 Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 16 December 2008 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-19
Dennis Campbell - 14 December 2008 03:08 PM

TSalleycat,

Just thought you should know that you’re not the only one who gets sick of posters substituting invective and adolescent sarcasms for intellectual speculation.  The only “self-policing” option we have is the “ignore” option, or just not to respond.  Some of these posters are quite happy when someone calls them a “shithead” back; a loud volume of silence seems most effective.

You are correct, sometimes all they really want is an ugly fight.  Why are atheists so angry?

Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 16 December 2008 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-19
Salt Creek - 14 December 2008 04:34 PM

Hi, Dennis. Though I know you have me on “ignore”, I just want to underscore that others, in their turn are made sick by your quest to enforce a set of aesthetic standards on discourse, running roughshod, in the process, over any incidence of irony whatever. Upon you, Dennis, I confer the Obnoxious Boring Arrogant Maiden Aunt (OBAMA) award.

You’re probably the most ignored person in the whole forum, considering some of the messages I have received from people who appreciate what I have done to a certain degree.

Upon you, Salt Creek, I accurately apply the label atheist fundamentalist.

Atheists like you are the best weapon Christians have.  All they have to do is look at some of your writings I have quoted below and say: “Look, see what atheism does to a person?”

Salt Creek - 20 October 2008 09:03 AM
telner - 18 October 2008 11:33 PM

A few years ago my (devoutly Christian) Silat teacher allowed as how every serious martial artist needed to get through “Zen 101 to keep your head screwed on straight.”

telner sees himself as a serious martial artist, but outside the competition ring, the evidence shows that he’s a bombastic, blustering nitwit.

Salt Creek - 20 October 2008 05:42 PM
MHunter - 20 October 2008 04:13 PM

Wow, lots of intolerance around here… And I thought, being an atheist, I was among the enlightened ones.

And your complaint is what, more precisely, Mr. Fuckball?

Salt Creek - 05 November 2008 10:04 AM
roger_pearse - 05 November 2008 08:22 AM
Jefe - 04 November 2008 02:54 PM

Is the anti-homosexuality sentiment of many christians based on it being referenced as an abomination in the bible?

Is the pro-homosexuality sentiment of many atheists based on it being fashionable?

Atheists like me don’t care if it’s “fashionable” or not…. Only ignorant peasants make idiotic statements like yours suggesting that the emotional appeal of respect for individual liberty is a “fashion”.....fuckwits like you need to be more patient and avoid abuse of the language. It doesn’‘t really assist your case.

Salt Creek - 27 August 2008 12:17 PM

You are, for the umpty-hundredth time, rendering your “testimony”. It’s just advertising, proselytizing, and part of the grand diplomacy of woo, Mr. Ambassador. After the umpty-hundredth time, it’s also a fuckwitudinous waste of brain cells. Zombie droid fuckwitude. Go ahead and tell everyone that God loves them. You are Pavlov’s dog, barking into an empty lab.

Salt Creek - 27 August 2008 07:18 PM
clayforHim648 - 27 August 2008 06:24 PM

If the biblical teaching and proclamation of the Gospel does not itself radically transform you and convince you of a critical, desperate need for Christ and your vast separation from Him, then what else can I say?

What else can you say? You can say that you’re a fuckwit, because you’re lying about any claims that the Gospel has radically transformed you. It’s transformed you from an ordinary fuckwit into a fuckwit zombie droid who cannot stop talking about the Gospel.

Salt Creek - 28 August 2008 06:57 PM
Tad Trenton’s Ghost - 28 August 2008 06:33 PM

The prevailing view among most posters on this forum seems to be: if it cannot be tested in a laboratory, then it cannot exist: thus the “natural” world is all that there is or can be. But this is not the case.

Don’t be a consummate fuckwit. If you cannot produce evidence for it, keep it to yourself. Who else can know about it? Do you think stories you tell about the supernatural are educational, or merely titillating? Are they titillating to anyone but you?

Tad Trenton’s Ghost - 28 August 2008 06:33 PM

they would be subject to the actions and interactions dictated by logic

Really? Stuff exists because it is logically possible? Who knew?

Do you think the more people you can convince of the supernatural through your ridiculous stories, the more likely it is to exist? Or are you simply a consummate fuckwit?

[ Edited: 16 December 2008 05:44 PM by Immediate Suppression]
 Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 16 December 2008 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-19
Dennis Campbell - 14 December 2008 09:28 PM

SC and some like him have posted as far as I can tell, almost nothing more than “I’m smarter than all you fuckwits,” without positing anything that justifies that narcissism.

Yes, you are correct, but maybe the fact that he appears to be the most prominent atheist fundamentalist in this forum gives him reason to justify that narcissism.

[ Edited: 16 December 2008 05:29 PM by Immediate Suppression]
 Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 16 December 2008 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

As a matter of personal preference, I’ve “ignored” SC and some others simply because their level and style of discourse is to me simply not worth the bother to read.  Others have made the same decision about my posts, and that’s fine. 

I do not ask or propose that some “standard” be applied by some outside judge as to what and how anyone posts anything.  If I find some posters offensive or irrelevant, or whatever, then it is up to me to simply ignore or not reply to them.  I do not endorse any appeal to system administrators to become PC cops. 

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 16 December 2008 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2008-09-02
Immediate Suppression - 16 December 2008 10:01 PM
little baby cheeses - 04 December 2008 06:26 PM

I have learnt more from the few rude people who have challenged my intellectual complacency than all of my immensely civil teachers combined.  I think I’ll commission a new T-shirt to commemorate

Rude and Proud!

Make sure the shirt says Atheist as well, so people will understand, and know that they should avoid communication with you at all costs.

OK, ‘rude and proud non-believer’.  Call me what you will, but by my definition an atheist is required to state there is no god as a matter of belief or faith.  Since I neither believe, nor have evidence for or against a god, non-believer is a better fit. 

So to attempt to label me as an atheist fundamentalist, as you do further down this thread, is futile as that would require me to have a faith I do not possess.  That said I am convinced the concept of gods, as perceived by the faiths to which the majority of people subscribe, do not exist. Probably a too subtle of a distinction for you and I couldn’t be bothered explaining it to an idiot anyway.

Posted: 16 December 2008 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2008-09-02
Immediate Suppression - 16 December 2008 10:04 PM

But last time I checked, no one in this forum has threatened to commit an ‘honour killing’(Did you mean honor killing?).

I distinctly remember something you considered to be threat to your life, you whined about it several times in several different areas.  I considered it a humorous image of shit for brains dribbling down a wall.  I have reconsidered my position and, were it to occur, the act of throwing you against the wall would meet my definition of an honour killing - with or without a u.

So do you also propose to throw me against a wall, like Salt Creek has, or are you simply pretending to be an atheist fundamentalist?

I already have in my minds eye.

Posted: 01 January 2009 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-19
ooo - 16 December 2008 11:49 PM
Immediate Suppression - 16 December 2008 10:04 PM

I already have in my minds eye.

And how does thinking in this violent manner make you feel?  Like an Islamic Jihadist, perhaps?

Signature 

Please call me Immediate

Posted: 05 January 2009 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2008-10-05

IS,

I, for what it is worth, appreciate your sentiments.  As one of the token theists I have been the recipient of many such statements!  I assumed that might be the case when I came here however.

I chose to visit this and the Dawkins forum just to see what kind of motivation lay behind the so-called angry atheist movement. 

I have found that those who would classify themselves as atheists make up a truly heterogenous sample!  It would seem that the only constant would be a disdain for religion and its influences.  Many here do seem to want to replace religion with a rationalism or reasonism of sorts.  Your arguments would fit well into such a scheme, in which everyone would try to work together to achieve a better, safter, kinder world.

For some such a utopian society constitutes a silly pipedream.  For these, religion is to be lampooned, often harshly, for no other reason than what it is.  No kinder, gentler society is envisioned - rather just a society headed toward extinction.  In such a scheme one might as well enjoy the ride down, calling it only as he/she sees fit.  In this model you are likely to be considered only slightly less deluded than us theists!  And therefore you would also be the recipient of f bombs and other niceties!

Just my 2 cents.

Posted: 07 January 2009 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08
Immediate Suppression - 12 November 2008 03:12 AM
Sander - 11 November 2008 10:16 PM

An immediate request to immediate suppression:

Go fuck yourself.

Why do you feel it necessary to respond to a polite request with such a rude response?

For once, I agree with IS.

mpbrockman - 12 November 2008 02:17 AM

A lot of us aren’t particularly fond of niceties either and will call things the way the way we see them without softening the commentary. A prick is a prick, an idiot an idiot and a fuckwit a fuckwit.

So by that measure, if Sam Harris himself came on here and voiced his opinions about mysticism, spirituality, death, and consciousness, which many of you obviously have strong disagreements with, it would be justifiable to treat him with disrespect, and call him those types of names?

Yes. It’s called free speech.

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 07 January 2009 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Nulono - 07 January 2009 03:44 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Why do you feel it necessary to respond to a polite request with such a rude response?

Blow me.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 07 January 2009 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

Someone call their parents, the children are fighting again.

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 07 January 2009 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Dennis Campbell - 07 January 2009 04:42 PM

Someone call their parents, the children are fighting again.

Dennis

Oh dear.
Grampa doesn’t approve.

I know you Dennis.
You don’t fool me with your apocryphal nice-guy routine.

Your elephantine ego and your attempts to squirt a bit of rancid piss on every post here to mark your turf are so obvious, so pathetic and so very unbecoming for someone your age.

Please spare me your sanctimonious horse-shit remarks and go watch the wheel of fortune or whatever it is that cranky old fucks do when they are not busy drooling over a perfectly decent discussion forum.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 07 January 2009 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
Sander - 07 January 2009 04:21 PM
Nulono - 07 January 2009 03:44 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Blow me.

My objection to this is that I am now haunted by the sound of Nulono saying:

“ah or shun iii wro; ah or shun iii wro”

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

8 of 9

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed