Family Guy satirizes atheist plight
Posted: 30 March 2009 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

Comic genius, Seth MacFarlane once again holds a mirror up to society. The subtle and blatant gags about religious bigotry will certainly be criticized by the Parents Television Council.

Last night, Meg, on Family Guy, spread the word that Brian was an atheist when he refused to pray with the family. Subsequently, Brian was the target of ridicule and violence. The funniest part was a scene where Brian (who is a dog) could not stop himself from fetching a cross that he had refused to accept as a gift.

Brian eventually pretended to be religious so that he could buy booze. He needed the booze to tolerate the society that demanded that he participate in the delusion.

Thanks again Seth!

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 30 March 2009 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15

Just watched it on Fox.com. The atheist bit is pretty funny, but I thought the funnest part was when Stu killed Denise Crosby AKA Tasha Yar. If you were a STNG fan you’ll get it.

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 30 March 2009 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

I never cared about Sting much. I didn’t dislike him. I simply was not a fan. I liked how the problem of evil was ‘thrown in’ at the book burning where ‘The Origin of Species’ was among the books being destroyed.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 30 March 2009 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
Beam - 30 March 2009 01:31 PM

I never cared about Sting much. I didn’t dislike him. I simply was not a fan. I liked how the problem of evil was ‘thrown in’ at the book burning where ‘The Origin of Species’ was among the books being destroyed.

STNG = Star Trek the Next Generation. So, I’d guess your not a fan.

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 30 March 2009 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

red face

GAD - 30 March 2009 01:40 PM
Beam - 30 March 2009 01:31 PM

STNG = Star Trek the Next Generation. So, I’d guess your not a fan.

You are correct. I learned nearly everything I ever knew about Star Trek from Family Guy. That embarrassing gaff should ruin any chances I ever had of being hired by Seth as a writer.

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed