2 of 2
CHRISTIANITY, ARROGANCE, AND MEGALOMANIA
Posted: 19 April 2011 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
TJ the Christian - 16 April 2011 02:43 AM

I am unsure how your own definition of arrogance does not apply to yourself. Implying that people who disagree with you are ...

Quite frankly, more often than not that’s just an attempt to “disallow” any disagreement by simply relabeling the substance presented, to mere “disagreement”. It’s a pretty transparent slight of mind trick that only works on those who very much want it to, and who have a sufficient capacity for self-deception to pull it off (i.e. those who can pull off a significant degree of actual, rather than rhetorical, faith). The substance presented is all still there, but the apologist has replaced all the substance with “disagreement” (ideally at least—when, on and for whom it actually works). Church-going believers tend to be well conditioned to accept such sleights of mind in favor of their franchise’s approved religious notions. It’s almost a guarantee most of them will experience multiple instances from the pulpit on a weekly basis.

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 22 April 2011 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-04-17
TJ the Christian - 19 April 2011 12:19 PM
Edward Palamar - 18 April 2011 12:34 PM

The original post in this topic definitively shows a fulfillment of the prophecy :

Luke 2:34 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

34 And Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary his mother : Behold this child is set for the fall, and for the resurrection of many in Israel, and for a sign which shall be contradicted;

I am thankful that Jesus Christ has included me in the resurrection of His Saints.

Nice sarcasm I think.

Unless one holds that the science of Theology proves the existence of God, it will more than likely seem that way.  Come to think of it, I’m glad He included me in the fall, too.

Signature 

the resurrected Prophet of the Most High,
St. John the Baptist, whom Jesus Christ called “the Elias who was to come”,
enjoying the Rapture in the duty of Petrus Romanus,
your ultimate, penultimate authority.

Posted: 24 April 2011 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-04-24

I’m Christian but I wouldn’t call myself arrogant. But for the ones that are it’s because of the tremendous claims made in the Bible, the words of Christ; ‘I’m the Alpha and Omega’, etc. You claim to be a follower of such tremendous claims and you don’t know how to handle yourself and you’ll become arrogant.

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed