Which planet/moon in our star system most likely to harbor life?
Posted: 23 November 2009 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2009-02-05

I got my money on Europa or Titan.  Although, I think it’s a small chance, maybe 5% or so, but enough of a chance to pursue it.  Hopefully at least find some fossilized bacteria.

Posted: 18 October 2010 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-10-12
Cody B - 24 November 2009 03:24 AM

I got my money on Europa or Titan.  Although, I think it’s a small chance, maybe 5% or so, but enough of a chance to pursue it.  Hopefully at least find some fossilized bacteria.

The best chance would be to build a mother ship about the size of the moon whic carries recources that would last the journmey and on it would be fighter space ships and delivery ships then the journey would be a thrill like the death star from star wars that is possible and we would be advancing a lot.

Posted: 03 November 2010 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-30

Earth. Wait… is it not a trick question?

How can someone possibly make a probability claim of 5% about the likelihood of finding life somewhere, even anywhere else -much less after narrowing it down to two moons? Aren’t you just totally making that number up and then using it as your justification to go look there?

Edit- It’s funny you say “I got my money on…” ‘cuz it would cost a LOT of everyone’s money to go look. Are there not better projects that would actually improve life on Earth than this?

I realize indirectly the space program has done a lot for us, but then I’d say you’d have to use that as a rational justification.

Personally I don’t care if there’s alien bacteria out there. Let’s cure cancer. Let’s fix our genomes so we stay healthy. Let’s put a colony on Mars if you need a better space-based goal.

[ Edited: 03 November 2010 01:55 PM by azryan]

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed