Surreal
Posted: 05 January 2010 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23

Violating all known codes of journalistic integrity, impartial reporting and (add your own here), Brit Hume vomits forth the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUPuNxgR9Y

Yes, I know it’s FOXnews, but this made my hackles rise far higher than the usual O’Reilly/Beck spume.

Wasn’t Brit Hume once a respected newsman?

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 08 January 2010 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2006-12-17
mpbrockman - 05 January 2010 09:32 PM

Violating all known codes of journalistic integrity, impartial reporting and (add your own here), Brit Hume vomits forth the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUPuNxgR9Y

Yes, I know it’s FOXnews, but this made my hackles rise far higher than the usual O’Reilly/Beck spume.

Wasn’t Brit Hume once a respected newsman?

Yeah, he was, actually.  Now he is a joke.

Posted: 09 January 2010 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

I don’t know…..maybe it’s because I watch very little TV, and even less Fox News, and even LESS Brit, and don’t know much about the guy…..but I feel inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he meant well.

Brit may not have meant to offend any Buddhists; perhaps he just opines that his faith might be more effective for Tiger’s “recovery” than that of Mr. Buddha, and wanted to share this opinion with us. Obviously, Christianity works for Mr. Hume. He sees his Christian faith as his “life preserver”, and perhaps he just wanted to toss that same life preserver to a certain golfer whom he perceived as “drowning”.

If I’m completely wrong about Brit, and his opinion he shared with us was anything OTHER than simply a sincere desire to help Tiger recover and live a better life…..then I trust that someone on this forum will correct me…..forthwith.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed