Rapture my a@#!  Is the media too respectful of religion and mysticism?
Posted: 23 May 2011 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2011-04-26

The media and the whole country found humor in anticipating Harold Camping’s prediction of the Rapture and many clever jokes abounded.  But my chuckles slowly turned to anger and eventually to disgust when I realized that the media quietly shied away from seriously holding Camping and his mass minions of freaks accountable for their claims.  I couldn’t find any live, blow-by-blow coverage by the mainstream press of some of the cool events and stunts that were staged by Atheist groups such as the releasing of human shaped balloons (that would have been a nice sane response for millions to see!).  The Rapture phenomena was a pretty impressive large scale display of mass insanity that we don’t see everyday and the press light-heartedly shrugged it off.  Was the press even camped out with live streaming from Camping’s front lawn at the appointed time?  Last week, NPR broadcasted a story about how third world nations like Mexico can teach us so-called civilized snobs the joys and health benefits of eating insects!  A Mexican new age nutritionist actually said that you can collect insects, keep them alive in your refrigerator by feeding them “garbage” and eat them at your leisure (I wouldn’t even stoop as low as feed an insect to my pet lizard without ‘gut-loading’ the prey item days beforehand with a highly nutritious diet)!  Of course, they didn’t bother to interview a scientific nutritionist to counter the madness.  Without a shred of skepticism, a real cable news outlet like CNN respectfully reported that praying to Jesus can help you win big in the stock market, so said a best-selling evangelical low-life (CNN didn’t counter with an opposing viewpoint)!  A Fox News host once apologized to a Black Muslim for joking about his religion’s belief that caucasians were created in a laboratory by a mad scientist!  Is it just me or is the media too “hands off” when it comes to brutally exposing the raw lies and irrational behavior that affects the quality of life of both believers and non-believers around the world?

Posted: 24 May 2011 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2010-11-12
mormovies - 23 May 2011 08:48 PM

The media and the whole country found humor in anticipating Harold Camping’s prediction of the Rapture and many clever jokes abounded.  But my chuckles slowly turned to anger and eventually to disgust when I realized that the media quietly shied away from seriously holding Camping and his mass minions of freaks accountable for their claims.  I couldn’t find any live, blow-by-blow coverage by the mainstream press of some of the cool events and stunts that were staged by Atheist groups such as the releasing of human shaped balloons (that would have been a nice sane response for millions to see!).  The Rapture phenomena was a pretty impressive large scale display of mass insanity that we don’t see everyday and the press light-heartedly shrugged it off.  Was the press even camped out with live streaming from Camping’s front lawn at the appointed time?  Last week, NPR broadcasted a story about how third world nations like Mexico can teach us so-called civilized snobs the joys and health benefits of eating insects!  A Mexican new age nutritionist actually said that you can collect insects, keep them alive in your refrigerator by feeding them “garbage” and eat them at your leisure (I wouldn’t even stoop as low as feed an insect to my pet lizard without ‘gut-loading’ the prey item days beforehand with a highly nutritious diet)!  Of course, they didn’t bother to interview a scientific nutritionist to counter the madness.  Without a shred of skepticism, a real cable news outlet like CNN respectfully reported that praying to Jesus can help you win big in the stock market, so said a best-selling evangelical low-life (CNN didn’t counter with an opposing viewpoint)!  A Fox News host once apologized to a Black Muslim for joking about his religion’s belief that caucasians were created in a laboratory by a mad scientist!  Is it just me or is the media too “hands off” when it comes to brutally exposing the raw lies and irrational behavior that affects the quality of life of both believers and non-believers around the world?

Several of the Fox news casters said that they would pray of the people of Joplin.
If I were in Missouri, I would prefer money.

[ Edited: 24 May 2011 12:10 PM by toombaru]

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed