An open offer to Sam Harris
Posted: 30 July 2011 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-07-26

Sam,  I hereby offer to educate you,  even though you have shown no potential at all to be able to acquire emotional intelligence.

You are apparently completely unaware of the way your ideas and opinions are driven quite completely by your emotional blindness.  You appear to have no awareness at all of your unconconscious side,  your emotional side.

This is the reason you cannot progress beyond the level of a chimp in terms of your total intellectual / emotional status.

Most of us at least began this process when you were just a little one.  So you have considerable catching up to do,  but with good motivation you can probably do it.

Organisms are or can be incredibly intelligent but they evolve from simplicity to complexity on their own ...  if there is a failure at one given point of differentiation all that follows is bereft of critical functions.  That is what you appear to be up against.

It appears to be a lack of awareness of your emotional side,  it keeps the intellectual side.  lets say,  not well balenced.

YOur destiny if for something above what you are doing now ...  but ...  you are going to have to begin to become aware of your emotional life and how it controls your mind.  Otherwise ....  chimp city dude…..

[ Edited: 30 July 2011 07:44 AM by rocket]

Posted: 30 July 2011 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-29
rocket - 30 July 2011 11:15 AM

Sam,  I hereby offer to educate you,  even though you have shown no potential at all to be able to acquire emotional intelligence.

You are apparently completely unaware of the way your ideas and opinions are driven quite completely by your emotional blindness.  You appear to have no awareness at all of your unconconscious side,  your emotional side.

This is the reason you cannot progress beyond the level of a chimp in terms of your total intellectual / emotional status.

Most of us at least began this process when you were just a little one.  So you have considerable catching up to do,  but with good motivation you can probably do it.

Organisms are or can be incredibly intelligent but they evolve from simplicity to complexity on their own ...  if there is a failure at one given point of differentiation all that follows is bereft of critical functions.  That is what you appear to be up against.

It appears to be a lack of awareness of your emotional side,  it keeps the intellectual side.  lets say,  not well balenced.

YOur destiny if for something above what you are doing now ...  but ...  you are going to have to begin to become aware of your emotional life and how it controls your mind.  Otherwise ....  chimp city dude…..

Define “emotional intelligence”.  And where is chimp city?

Posted: 18 January 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-06

Hello rocket,

I don’t understand what you want to say! What is chimp city? Let us clear.

Signature 

engineering resume

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2012-05-25
rocket - 30 July 2011 07:15 AM

There is no such thing as emotional intelligence, except in your mind perhaps. Emotions are bodily changes owing to the perception that some job needs to be done in or by the body. Ideas—> through reason—> emotion AND NOT the other way around. Seems like chimp city’s where you’re at!

Signature 

To love is to know Me, your innermost nature
the truth that I AM.

http://kyrani99.wordpress.com/

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2012-08-21

Take me down to hairy chimp city, where the bananas are ripe, and the fleas are itchy!

TAKE…

ME…

HOOOO-wome!

Yeah!  Yeah!

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

What the hell are you going on about?

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-24

The Dunning-Kruger effect at work, lol.

Posted: 08 October 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2012-09-20

Remove the condescending tone, and remove the sarcasm too. If you do that, your offer might seem sincere (whatever it is you’re offering).

Signature 

“Does history record any case in which the majority was right?”
Robert A. Heinlein

Posted: 25 April 2013 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2013-04-11

Sam Harris is a very intelligent person.  You could learn a lot in the way he, ponders an issue, thinks it through and, than articulates his view in a way that everyone can understand.  There is a step by step process in the way one tries to get his/her point of view across to others.  Sam Harris is very good at this.  You on the other hand have no clue.
    After reading your article about trying to educate someone, nobody, that can read, will come away from what you wrote and have any clue as to what you were trying to say. However after reading something that Sam Harris has ever written, almost anyone can come away “for or against” and have a clear knowledge as to what it was that he was trying to say. So who needs the education here?
  If you truly ever take the time to actually read any of Sam’s writings, you would understand that he is a very passionate person.  To say that he has no “emotional side” is totally wrong.  At least that is what I think you were trying to say in the mess you wrote above.  Other than that what you said above is utter nonsensical.
  Please write back and state, what you are trying to say, without the misspelled words, and improper grammar. Try to explain what the hell you mean by,” Chimp City”, than we might have a proper discussion as to your grievances against Sam. 

Just a Thought,
Charwiz

[ Edited: 25 April 2013 11:02 AM by Charwiz]
 Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2011-12-28

@ rocket,

What a pretentious disrespectful little shit you are, yes please do bestow upon us your profound wisdom. Is your above post more satisfying than using one hand or switching in mid stroke—that’s probably to advanced for you,  Such disrespect must be cloaking a great intellect, do give us a measurable example of your intellectual power—or just leave silently, DUDE.

[ Edited: 11 May 2013 11:01 AM by boagie]
 Signature 

The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one.
David Hume

Posted: 11 May 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-04-11
boagie - 11 May 2013 10:46 AM

@ rocket,

What a pretentious disrespectful little shit you are, yes please do bestow upon us your profound wisdom. Is your above post more satisfying than using one hand or switching in mid stroke—that’s probably to advanced for you,  Such disrespect must be cloaking a great intellect, do give us a measurable example of your intellectual power—or just leave silently, DUDE.

Well rocket I guess he is a coward as well as retarded! I DO not think he is coming back.

charwiz

Signature 

Posted: 13 May 2013 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2011-12-28

Charwiz,

You have the players confused.

Signature 

The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one.
David Hume

Posted: 13 May 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-04-11
boagie - 13 May 2013 08:49 AM

Charwiz,

You have the players confused.

Sorry my bad, This is why I always sign my work, I sometimes get confused as to who I am talking too.
Charwiz

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed