Comment on “What Mit Romney should say” by Sam
Posted: 15 January 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2010-11-12

OK,......We all know that Mormons are delusional.
We all know that Scientologists and the JWs are delusional.
By now, we know that all religious thought is delusional.
But are we willing to question our own entire belief system?
Are we sure that the republicans have a more realistic belief system than the democrats?
What about gay rights, capital punishment, abortion and vitamins?
I believe in gravity.
I believe the sun will come up tomorrow.
I believe that I could learn to surf.
But what makes us think that anything we believe about things that exist only as ideas is true?

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-23

I don’t know about you, but I question my beliefs every now and then. Our perception of reality is just that, our perception. And our perception is filtered through our beliefs, emotions, mental programming, experiences and many other factors. There are about 7 billion people on this planet, and about 7 billion interpretations of reality. I’d be vain to think I’m the one that has a corner on truth.

Now here’s a question for you ... is there really a lot of difference between the democrats and the republicans when it comes to how they govern?

Posted: 25 June 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2010-11-12
DennisG - 23 June 2012 01:32 AM

I don’t know about you, but I question my beliefs every now and then. Our perception of reality is just that, our perception. And our perception is filtered through our beliefs, emotions, mental programming, experiences and many other factors. There are about 7 billion people on this planet, and about 7 billion interpretations of reality. I’d be vain to think I’m the one that has a corner on truth.

Now here’s a question for you ... is there really a lot of difference between the democrats and the republicans when it comes to how they govern?

There is no person.
The “person” is composed solely of the organism’s accumulated beliefs.
Each collage of mnemonic debris generally assumes that their unique perspective is the truth.
In fact, there is no such thing as “truth”.
What is true in nature?

In regards to democrats and republicans:
Every society is closely divided between individuals who want to change the status-quo and those who want to keep it the same.
The pendulum of power flows back and forth between these two philosophies.
Each consider the other delusional.
I own my own business, have been financially successful and lean toward the republican point of view minus the religiosity.
I see democrats as missing a few chromosomes.
But all that is seen as merely an accumulation of self-referential, survival biased beliefs and essentially meaningless.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed