There is no external world
Posted: 14 August 2012 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-14

I’ve written an article refuting the external world step by step, but it is too long to post here, so i’ll link to it:

http://www.uncoveringlife.com/refuting-the-external-world/

I think you’ll find it enlightening.

Posted: 14 August 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
GoranBacklund - 14 August 2012 02:15 AM

I’ve written an article refuting the external world step by step, but it is too long to post here, so i’ll link to it:

Brilliant thinking.
But there is one step beyond any conclusion that consciousness can come up with concerning its own nature.
Enlightenment is oblivion to the self and its pseudo-reality.
It is end of the conceptual shadowland and the shadow stacker.
Although personal identity remains, the world is perceived as a clean slate…...ever-fresh…...ever emerging.
The center breaks free and becomes everywhere.
Naked awareness gazes out into a vast mystery.
And that Great-Unknown-Unknowable becomes who one is.

[ Edited: 14 August 2012 09:39 AM by toombaru]

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-09-01

toombaru, how come Sam doesn’t believe that and how come he maintains that death is real? This bothers me endlessly in all his talks is that he talks about disolution of self yet maintains the materialistic outlook on reality as most atheists do even having had that mergin experience.

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
patko - 01 September 2012 04:40 AM

toombaru, how come Sam doesn’t believe that and how come he maintains that death is real? This bothers me endlessly in all his talks is that he talks about disolution of self yet maintains the materialistic outlook on reality as most atheists do even having had that mergin experience.

In these matters there are no authorities.
There is no way to combine conceptual knowledge to construct a key for an imaginary door.
The physical body wears out and dies.
It’s not that the self merges with reality, it simply evaporates.
Its only reality occurs in the synaptic interface of the frontal cortex.
It is a program evolved to help the organism survive and reproduce.
It is quite natural that it would want to cling to life even after the body dies.
That is the origin of all mystical thought.
But do you really want to be confined to a personality, no matter how vast, for eternity?
That seems more like hell.
The sense of self can lose its opacity and its very center spreads out to include the entire perceived reality.
That usually occurs when the body gives up its last breath but in a few it can happen before death.
And the space it used to occupy is now infused by an entire world flowing along unimpeded by personal will replete with birds, trees, blue sky and ice cream.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-09-22
toombaru - 14 August 2012 08:43 AM

Brilliant thinking.
But there is one step beyond any conclusion that consciousness can come up with concerning its own nature.
Although personal identity remains, the world is perceived as a clean slate…...ever-fresh…...ever emerging.

I have to agree with you toombaru..but still if you enforce ones belief on somebody means you’re taking their freedom to think as themselves therefore proving that freedom does exist.Enlightenment is define as separation of self entity that you say that doesn’t even exist.IF reality is just a illusion then our sense must be fooling us then.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
anneyours - 23 September 2012 08:08 PM

Brilliant thinking.

I have to agree with you toombaru..but still if you enforce ones belief on somebody means you’re taking their freedom to think as themselves therefore proving that freedom does exist.Enlightenment is define as separation of self entity that you say that doesn’t even exist.IF reality is just a illusion then our sense must be fooling us then.

That would be like going into one of your night time dream and trying to fool one of the dream characters.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-12
anneyours - 23 September 2012 08:08 PM

Brilliant thinking.

There is no choice but to respond.
There is no freedom to lose.
Understanding is the absence of illusion.
Enlightenment is the absence of self.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed