RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Or other resources?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 14 February 2005 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-12-23

I’ve always found Jiddu Krishnamurti’s work uplifting and free of cant.  There are many, many books available.  He spoke explicitly about being free from belief, yet made meditation central to his life.

Posted: 15 February 2005 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“TomChicago”]I’ve always found Jiddu Krishnamurti’s work uplifting and free of cant.  There are many, many books available.  He spoke explicitly about being free from belief, yet made meditation central to his life.

Thanks Tom! Definitely sounds like a good angle for me. I’ll have a look.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 17 February 2005 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

Hi,

This isn’t a book, but a recent (short) writing, from a board I found. What do you think?
———

Divine Love emptied itself so it could penetrate the prison of our world. It came “to set the captive free, to give sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf”.

How often we feel we are lacking love, or that we are not loved enough. That is we have lost our capacity to love. Love is not a commodity we can pass around. There is no subject or object relationship in love. Love is not dependant on two, three or a multitude. Love not does live in a divided world, of this and that, male and female. Love is the ending of all divisions, barriers. It is escape from the prison of self.

That is why God became man, so we could escape from the prison of self! So God became man, not to teach us love, or even to demonstrate love. Love cannot be taught, ot learnt, or even practised.

Love is the ending of self. It is the death of self. It is baptism, both water and fire. That baptism is total death, it is the second death, It is that Lake, that void, that emptiness, where all things in this world must go. Above all the beast of self the ego, and it’s false prophet the carnal mind, and the false image it has made of God!

The moment you are consummed, when all the walls of self have totally collapsed. Jericho the city of the known the civilised city of religion, the secure then lies in ruins. Fear does not remain, only the freedom of the Land of milk and honey.The unknown yes, but it is FREE.

For too long we have wandered a desparate life in the security of the wilderness. There is no more secure prison than a wilderness. The security of solitary confinement, in the wilderness of our senses, that combat daily the howling wind of our wants, the sand that caters for our tactile reality, the harshness, the grinding friction that makes self so alive.

Jericho is the city that sits on the borderland. A city of seduction, yet it can give you the scarlet thread of escape. This fear, this need to protect self, yet this very fear that fears a world it does not know, is the very fear that established the known world it feels so comfortable with, such is it’s irony. The walls of the city of mind, are a fortress to be destroyed, by that scarlet thread the mind of Christ. This thread of divine thought, destroys all the vain speculations of Chritianity’s dogma.s and beliefs.

The True City is Jerusalem above, the free, our Mother. here there are no structures of division, neither male or female. No structures inherent in thought, memory and self, can survive here. there are no separate structures or dwellings here. Nor is even this here a location in space and time.

Love is the energy and expression of this City of Love.The energy of wholeness cannot be used, divided, or squandered. It is all of US, the All in All of all. Here all qusetions cease to arise, all answers fall away. It is the Silence of Love that shines so radiantly in this City. It can only be entered through the Gateway of Silence. They who enter it’s gates have wholly dissappeared, they have left a world of individuality, of fragmentation. It is totaly empty of all separate forms, of names, places and streets, dwellings. It is utterly void of all things of this world, for it has no need of streets, of places of dwelling or work, as there are no separate individuals, neither male or female.

“Behold the Tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them…...and they shall see His Face, and His name shall be upon them.” Despite the apparent separation in “them” and “they” that is only a hangover from the past reading of these scriptures outside of the spirit of the word.

There is a tremendous energy of Love in this City, “the glory of God, has illumined it, and the lamp is the Lamb.” There is enormous creativity flowing from this City, to all mankind, because it has no restrictions. The self as the centre of activity, has gone. Not lost but consumed by Divine Love. It is the benediction of this supreme Love, which has come to us in human form, is not out to transform the world around us, not the politicians, the business leaders, or the religious leaders, BUT YOU. The discovery within the virginal womb of our own existence, the Christ child. Yes virginal as it is not in others, but in YOU that the real story of God’s Love is born and grows until it is All in All.

http://p075.ezboard.com/fgodsavesallfrm3.showMessage?topicID=3563.topic

Title of post: Love Is Freedom From Self

Posted: 21 February 2005 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

There is a series of small books written by Cheri Huber, which can be found on http://www.keepitsimple.org

These little books, simply written, sparked my interest in Zen about 12 years ago, and started me on the path.  I have studied much about Zen since then, but I always come back to these wonderful books.

That which you are seeking is causing you to seek
The Key, and the name of the key is willingness
The fear book
There is nothing wrong with you
Nothing happens next (A book on meditation)

Enjoy

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed