1 of 2
Creationism and the lizard people
Posted: 25 September 2006 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01

Will the introduction of creationism in schools open the doors for other "theories", like Zecharia Sitchin's Anunnaki, David Icke's reptilian race and Michael Tsazion, who is just all over the place, to name a few? They all believe in a intelligent designer, although their creator is alien. They too have "proof", and from multiple sources no less. How long will it take before these "theories" will flow into the creation myth and take over as yet another theory next to evolution?

Can you say "Pandora's box", or am I just being too worried?

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 25 September 2006 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

[quote author=“Storm”]Will the introduction of creationism in schools open the doors for other “theories”, like Zecharia Sitchin’s Anunnaki, David Icke’s reptilian race and Michael Tsazion, who is just all over the place, to name a few? They all believe in a intelligent designer, although their creator is alien. They too have “proof”, and from multiple sources no less. How long will it take before these “theories” will flow into the creation myth and take over as yet another theory next to evolution?

Can you say “Pandora’s box”, or am I just being too worried?

It’s not looking good Storm…but don’t worry that shit will never come your way in Europe…the USA on the other hand…. :wink:

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 26 September 2006 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

As you say Stardusk, I’m not really worried for Sweden. We are a bunch of skeptics. But there is just a small step between creationism and the Anunnaki. Stumble just once and you have a school system filled with crap. It will filter down.
I just don’t want to spend my days discussing the coming of Nibiru.

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 26 September 2006 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

But when I think about it, it will be a good way to fight the creationists. Take the standpoint that there is a creator, but then argue that it’s the Anunnaki. Fight crap with crap, sort of speak. (Evil plan in the making :twisted: )

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2006 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

You know, you guys should really bring back Thor.  He was more fun than most of ‘em.
And Loki….......can’t have a good party without Mr. Skywalker!  Just don’t ask him to bring the wine.  ‘specially if his wife bought it.

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

Posted: 28 September 2006 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

hehe, we can make a compromise Switch. I’ll start saying “by Thor!” when I’m upset, and “What are you, Odin’s eye?” when people claim to know the truth.  :D

Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2006 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  766
Joined  2006-02-20

Storm said:

hehe, we can make a compromise Switch. I’ll start saying “by Thor!” when I’m upset, and “What are you, Odin’s eye?” when people claim to know the truth.

The expression “by Jove” is archaic in English now, but we could use it ourselves and maybe in would come back to general usage. We could also praise our most cheerful friends by saying that they are jovial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(god)

It was once believed that the Roman god Jupiter (Zeus in Greece) was in charge of cosmic Justice, and in ancient Rome, people swore to Jove in their courts of law, which lead to the common expression “By Jove!”, still used as an archaism today. In addition, “Jovial” is a medium-common adjective still used to describe people who are jolly, optimistic, and buoyant in temperament.

Here in the Land of Little Rain, the most appropriate manifestation of Jupiter would be Jupiter Pluvius (“sender of rain”).

Here, let me play a recording for you. It is Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity, the fourth movement of The Planets, opus 32, a seven-movement orchestral suite by the English composer Gustav Holst.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets

Posted: 29 September 2006 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

Ok, I’ll start the “by Thor” thing and you start the “by Jove” thing. In 50 or 60 years we get together for a bloody battle over who’s god is really throwing the lighning.  :D

It is Thor of course… smile

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2006 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

Unless Ragnarok happens first! (I should start hoarding the luttkefisk starting now…just in case).

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 30 September 2006 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  766
Joined  2006-02-20

By Jove, if I’m alive in 50 or 60 years, it would be an unexpected pleasure to do battle with you. I think you Nordic folks say “Tor” for “Thor” and “Chove” for “Jove”. Rather than fight about it fifty years from now, I’ll just concede and revert to the religion of my Danish ancestors.  smile

Passerby: What? He claims Danish ancestry in addition to the Irish, Scots, and Choctaw? Some kind of mutt, huh?

Posted: 30 September 2006 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

LOL By Fenrir’s Bones!  I think we have a movement!
What if the Druids get involved though?  That would make it treerific!

Switch is very sorry.

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 01 October 2006 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

[quote author=“Ted Shepherd”]Rather than fight about it fifty years from now, I’ll just concede and revert to the religion of my Danish ancestors.  smile

This must have been the shortest, least bloody religious war ever.  :D
By the beauty of Freyja and Odin’s beard, shortest indeed.

We do say Tor. We also say Freja and Oden. Or spell it like that anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 05 October 2006 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2006-09-18

The way it’s looking, I doubt alien-creationism will be ever be taught in schools, even (actually, I would say especially) in America, because, while those theories might not have as much evidence as evolution, they do have more evidence backing them up than creationism, and in America we value the most whatever has the least evidence.

Posted: 05 October 2006 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

I enjoyed reading Sitchin. Not as a believer of his theories, but his ideas always triggered my imagination. It was a great source for painting. And it is humorus that he uses the bible and reads ‘aliens’, and has ‘proof’ of it as well, just as strong as the christians, if not stronger as you say, Johnpritzlaff.

Edit: Oh, and the Anunnaki are coming any day now. BOW DOWN to our alien overlords!  smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2006 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-11-09

[quote author=“johnpritzlaff”]The way it’s looking, I doubt alien-creationism will be ever be taught in schools, even (actually, I would say especially) in America, because, while those theories might not have as much evidence as evolution, they do have more evidence backing them up than creationism, and in America we value the most whatever has the least evidence.

Some times im ashamed to be American. As my handle states Im a formal Marine, and I love the United States. But it really upsets me to see America slip into a dark age….Europe. It is no wonder that our math and our science is failing and the Europeans are kicking our ass, because we will believe anything really. I can tell a Christan that Jesus will pop out of his/her ass and she would most likely believe me…or in this case insert Alien….Reptial Aliens….

God save America…I mean Reptial Aliens Save America

Posted: 09 November 2006 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-11-09

[quote author=“johnpritzlaff”]The way it’s looking, I doubt alien-creationism will be ever be taught in schools, even (actually, I would say especially) in America, because, while those theories might not have as much evidence as evolution, they do have more evidence backing them up than creationism, and in America we value the most whatever has the least evidence.

Some times im ashamed to be American. As my handle states Im a formal Marine, and I love the United States. But it really upsets me to see America slip into a dark age….. It is no wonder that our math and our science is failing and the Europeans are kicking our ass, because we will believe anything really. I can tell a Christan that Jesus will pop out of his/her ass and she would most likely believe me…or in this case insert Alien….Reptile Aliens….

God save America…I mean Reptile Aliens Save America

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed