1 of 2
Sam: Please go on Tour!
Posted: 03 October 2006 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

Sam: Your fans would love to meet you. We are from all over the world, but it would be great if you could at least make the time to visit the major cities in the US. I am here in Atlanta, and I'd love to meet you and receive an autographed copy of your book. I hope that you will add a section to your website, or post some general information here in the forum, that gives information about any upcoming book signings or a tour, so that we can be prepared! Thank you for another brilliant book! smile

To everyone else: Does anyone know at this point if Sam will indeed be going on tour or making any appearances for book signings?

Thanks!

Posted: 03 October 2006 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I totally agree with cybersapien, but also wanted to ask if anyone else has heard that Richard Dawkins is going to appear on “The Colbert Report” and if so have you heard when?

Posted: 03 October 2006 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2006-01-05

October 17th, 2006 on the Colbert Report
11:30 PM EST

Posted: 03 October 2006 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Thanks much

Posted: 04 October 2006 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-04

Amen! 
Oh wait, I mean…  Yes!!  Please do go on tour! 
That’s actually exactly why I was here.  I was looking for where you’d be speaking.

Posted: 04 October 2006 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-10-04

If you go on tour, please consider Boston.  I would love to see you speak and/or get an autographed book.
Thank you for speaking up about religion.  I have told everyone I know to pick up your books and I email articles everytime I see them.

I agree with more of a heads up on appearances…gives me time to plan a trip :D

Posted: 04 October 2006 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

I would love to see Sam speak outside of the USA…but the tour thing is a no-go as he has stated numerous times (in particular on his last infidel guy show interview) that the securities risks are too high…

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 06 October 2006 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I should have realized that this is why he wasn’t doing a book tour. What a sad state of affairs it is…

Posted: 06 October 2006 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-01
[quote author=“Cybersapien”]I should have realized that this is why he wasn’t doing a book tour. What a sad state of affairs it is…

Aye

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 08 November 2006 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-11-08

Sam, don’t forget those of us living in “Red” America.  This is where your message needs to be heard most.

Take care!

Posted: 08 November 2006 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-01

[quote author=“ocalacam”]Sam, don’t forget those of us living in “Red” America.  This is where your message needs to be heard most.

Take care!

South of the North East? raspberry

Signature 

-Vincent

Posted: 08 November 2006 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-11-08

[quote author=“stardusk”][quote author=“ocalacam”]Sam, don’t forget those of us living in “Red” America.  This is where your message needs to be heard most.

Take care!

South of the North East? raspberry

Well, south of Virginia if things break the right way!    :D

Posted: 28 May 2007 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Rank
Joined  2007-05-28

I love you Sam!!!

Posted: 22 December 2007 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-22

I 2nd that.. You need to come here to Louisiana…:)

Signature 

I am a leader and a Follower, for you can not be one without the other.

Posted: 23 December 2007 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04

I would love to see Sam speak outside of the USA…but the tour thing is a no-go as he has stated numerous times (in particular on his last infidel guy show interview) that the securities risks are too high…

Wouldn’t that depend on where really?
Frankly, the security risks should by reason be less in western Europe than many places in the US.
Britain, France, Scandinavia etc.
Japan too for that matter.

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Posted: 10 January 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25
Anonymous - 03 October 2006 06:15 AM

Sam: Your fans would love to meet you. We are from all over the world, but it would be great if you could at least make the time to visit the major cities in the US. I am here in Atlanta, and I'd love to meet you and receive an autographed copy of your book. I hope that you will add a section to your website, or post some general information here in the forum, that gives information about any upcoming book signings or a tour, so that we can be prepared! Thank you for another brilliant book! smile

To everyone else: Does anyone know at this point if Sam will indeed be going on tour or making any appearances for book signings?

Thanks!

That would be cool. I would love to meet Sam Harris. I feel like I know him. I have seen him on O’Reilly and on Youtube, and heard him debate Medved, and others. Of course, I am on the opposite side of the fence. But I have hefty respect for the man, to be sure.

Now isn’t that weird. I like Bill Maher and Sam Harris? Know all about Dawkins and Hitchens, and the like. I am certainly not a closet atheist, not in any manner or fashion. I think I look the for dividing line between belief/unbelief and see why people believe what they believe. Of course I even do that with preachers and teachers within Christianity. I can be just as skeptical of a preacher who has not done his homework.

In any case, that would cool to actually meet Sam.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

1 of 2

‹‹ Book tour?      The Amaz!ng Meeting 5 ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed