Folder of All Sam's Media Available
Posted: 03 October 2006 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-10-03

Hello Everyone, I've compiled a folder of 47 items, roughly 350mb of all Sam's lectures, interviews, essays, etc.  I'd love to post it to a "yousendit" type site or other file host but I'm not familiar with how to go about doing so for a large number of people.  If someone can direct me to a site to upload to, I'd be happy to make it available for all…

peace

Posted: 03 October 2006 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2006-09-27

Hello—

I can’t help out w/ the computer details, but I applaud this effort.

Great work.

If you look at my topic “Media Archive”, I’ve already attempted to make a comprehensive list of all things Sam Harris. 

In the interim, could you post a list here of everything you’ve got? In particular, are there any audio materials you have that are not already present under the archive I’ve started? 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mark

Posted: 03 October 2006 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-09-28

[quote author=“wealthandtaste”]Hello Everyone, I’ve compiled a folder of 47 items, roughly 350mb of all Sam’s lectures, interviews, essays, etc.  I’d love to post it to a “yousendit” type site or other file host but I’m not familiar with how to go about doing so for a large number of people.  If someone can direct me to a site to upload to, I’d be happy to make it available for all…

peace

Hi.
You could try http://www.wikiupload.com/index.php

It’s free and you don’t have to subscribe. You’ll just have to zip your folder (containing all the 47 items) so you can upload just this one item.

Once uploaded, you would then copy/paste the page address here so folks can go and get your zip file (who then simply de-zip (decompress) and they’ll have your original folder and contents).

There may be other sites offering similar services, but this one works and it’s easy.

Regards.

Posted: 05 October 2006 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Any progress on the Sam Harris folder?

Any chance you can post a quick list of the included materials?

Later,
Mark

Posted: 05 October 2006 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2006-09-18

Yeah, that would be very much appreciated.

Posted: 05 October 2006 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01
[quote author=“johnpritzlaff”]Yeah, that would be very much appreciated.

Aye, Aye…

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 15 October 2006 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

I have assembled a folder with my entire collection of Sam Harris audio.  I have 30-40 items in all.  This comprises all of the audio from his website, plus all of the items listed in my MEDIA FOLDER topic, plus some new stuff.  The collection is in the 800 MB range. 

I am in the process of trying to upload this to the Wiki-Upload site.

I will let you know when it is available (hopefully in the next day or so) and post the link here.  I will also post a detailed list describing every item in the folder. 

Sincerely,
Mark

Posted: 16 October 2006 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-10-12

I’d be willing to assist in the hosting as well, especially if you’re unable to find a place.  I’ll post each piece individually(not in a bulk package) at my site, http://www.rationalresponders.com

I suppose the easiest way will be to wait for one of your folders to be online so I can download them.  If either of you are unable to get your packages online we can arrange for you to send the files to me via msn or skype messenger programs.

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Hello –

I have uploaded my entire digital library of Sam Harris audio to the Wiki-Upload site.

There are 38 files total. In all, they take up about 750 MB of disk space. They comprise all of Sam’s website content, plus everything I’ve found by hours of intense internet searching. I have listed many of the direct links for this material under my previous topic “MEDIA ARCHIVE”.

Many of these audio files including the Al Franken show, Michael Medved show, Infidel Guy show, Ian Masters Background Briefing, Left Out, Rational Response Squad, and many others, are not available on samharris.org.

I have also included the audio tracks for many of Sam’s TV appearances, including the full track of his extended interview appearance on the DVD “The God Who Wasn’t There”.

Sam’s lectures are essential for anyone unfamiliar with his work. Check out the University Synagogue lecture from Book TV/C-Span, his lecture at the New York Society for Ethical Culture, his View from the End of the World lecture for the Long Now Foundation, the Idea City Conference 2005, as well as IT Conversations Pop!Tech lecture on The Future of Ideas.

Here is the link to the Wiki-Upload site:

http://www.wikiupload.com/search.php?action=search&choice=desc&desc=sam+harris&tag;=&filesize=0

This should be the direct link. Alternatively, to find these materials, go to the “Search” link, then search “by description” for “Sam Harris”. Ignore the first two files, the next 38 files are the ones I’ve uploaded. If the list is truncated, click on “more files” to expand the list.

Here is the complete list of 38 files in order:

SAM HARRIS AUDIO LIST

Al Franken Show, Air America Podcasts (August 31, 2006)
Al Franken Show, Air America Podcasts (Sept 25, 2006)
Amsterdam Forum with Andy Clark, A Future without Religion (Sept 16, 2005)
Beyond the Ghetto, The End of Faith Interview (Oct 1, 2006)
Black Op Radio, The Clash of Faith & Reason (Jan 20, 2005)
Book TV/C-Span, University Synagogue Pt 1 (Feb 6, 2005)
Book TV/C-Span, University Synagogue Pt 2 (Feb 6, 2005)
The Colbert Report (April 26, 2006)
The Dennis Prager Show, The End of Faith Pt 2 (Nov 10, 2004)
Faith Under Fire (PAX), Debate with Hugh Hewitt (Oct 2, 2004)
Freedom From Religion Foundation Podcasts, Sam Harris & The End of Faith (Sept 16, 2006)
The God Who Wasn’t There (DVD), Extended Interview with Sam Harris
Ian Master’s Background Briefing (August 22, 2004)
Ian Master’s Background Briefing (Nov 7, 2004)
Idea City Conference 2005, Role of Religion in Perpetuating Human Conflict (June 2005)
The Infidel Guy Show, Letter to a Christian Nation (Sept 8, 2006)
The Infidel Guy Show, Tape 260 with Sam Harris (Feb 17, 2005)
KCBX, …an Evening with Sam Harris (Sept 27, 2006)
KCRW’s Politics of Religion, The Philosophy of Religion (Oct 3, 2006)
Left Out, Interview with Sam Harris (Feb 21, 2006)
Michael Medved Show (Sept 21, 2006)
New York Society for Ethical Culture Religion, Terror, and Self Transcendence (Nov 16, 2005)
On Point with Tom Ashbrook, The End of All Religions? (Dec 30, 2004)
The O’Reilly Factor (FOX), (March 31, 2005)
The O’Reilly Factor (FOX), (Oct 4, 2004)
Point of Inquiry, Letter to a Christian Nation (Oct 6, 2006)
Point of Inquiry, The Mortal Dangers of Religion (April 14, 2006)
Point of Inquiry, The End of Faith (April 7, 2006)
ITC Pop!Tech 2005, The Future of Ideas (Oct 22, 2005)
ITC Pop!Tech 2005, Q&A Session with Susan Blackmore (Oct 22, 2005)
Rational Response Squad, Interview #30 with Sam Harris
Ring of Fire, May 13th Show Hour #2 (May 13, 2006)
Scarborough Country (MSNBC), Sam Harris Interview (Oct 28, 2004)
Seminars about Long-Term Thinking, View from the End of the World (Dec 22, 2005)
To the Best of our Knowledge, Is Religion Dangerous? (June 11, 2006)
WCCO News Talk 830, The Jack Rice Show interview with Sam Harris Part 1 (Oct 12, 2006)
WCCO News Talk 830, The Jack Rice Show interview with Sam Harris Part 2 (Oct 12, 2006)
WORD FM, The Jerry Bowyer Show - Debate with Sam Harris (Oct 17, 2005)

[ Edited: 17 October 2006 03:09 PM by ]

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

The Wiki-Upload site removes files that are not downloaded within the prior 30 days.  Therefore it is not necessarily a permanent home for this stuff—there will always be the chance of things being removed.

If the Rational Response Squad would like to provide a permanent space for these files on their site, I think that is a great idea.  Anything to preserve this stuff online so that everyone can access it sounds great to me.

Sincerely,
wavelength32

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed