1 of 2
Where intellect goes to die
Posted: 28 February 2007 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2007-02-17

I have stumbled upon the greatest argument against religion I have ever seen. I am still in the process of exploring this dizzying array of idiocy. Please, if you can stomach it, join me in my quest to find the absolute stupidest thing posted on this site:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/

rolleyes

Posted: 28 February 2007 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1024
Joined  2006-09-13

It’s funny, one does not have to justify belief in the Bible to understand that yes, 9/11 was an inside job conducted by such groups as the CFR and the bankers that control the Federal Reserve. And yes, there is an even larger plan to further enslave America and the nations of the world in general…

But to wrap hard, factual evidence around a golden-laced, Iron Age fairytale is preposterous. The ignorant folks of Christianity have been proclaiming that “Jesus will return!” forever. Every believer thinks he’s coming back in their lifetime - and funny thing, that flying Jewish hippy hasn’t ever returned - partly because he was never here and partly because they’re forming their worldview out of a comic book…

One needn’t conform to any faith to understand that there IS an insidious plan by the banking elite to control the world through geopolitical and monetary corruption.

Which makes me wonder; even if a Patriotic rebellion takes place and we unseat the tyrannical bankers - the [insert stupid religious nutjobs here] are going to try and prop up their own worldview for another “beginning”.

F*cking humans…

Signature 

“All religions are valid, NONE are literal.” -Joseph Campbell

Posted: 28 February 2007 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“neuronic”]I have stumbled upon the greatest argument against religion I have ever seen. I am still in the process of exploring this dizzying array of idiocy. Please, if you can stomach it, join me in my quest to find the absolute stupidest thing posted on this site:

rolleyes

Finding the stupidest thing on that site is like looking at huge cesspool and saying that a particular turd bobbing there is the smelliest one.

I’ll bet that site is a bitch to maintain.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 28 February 2007 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“neuronic”]I have stumbled upon the greatest argument against religion I have ever seen. I am still in the process of exploring this dizzying array of idiocy. Please, if you can stomach it, join me in my quest to find the absolute stupidest thing posted on this site:

rolleyes

I just threw up everything I ate since I was born.http://freeweb.supereva.com/esorciccio2002/smilies/sick.gif

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 28 February 2007 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-02-13

Nice one HappyHeathen. I almost choked on my coffee.

From that sit:

Dr. Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) is considered by many to be one of the foremost authorities on ‘Science and Scripture.’

For instance, if kids don’t accept the fact there is a Creator, how can they accept the fact their rights come from a Creator?

LOL

My jaw is left hanging every time I see this stuff. You Americans sure have it rough with so many sects popping up all over. Come to Canada, no one talks religion here, not in my neck of the woods anyways.

Posted: 28 February 2007 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2007-02-17

Actually, leaving this cesspool is looking more and more appealing and Canada is one option I have considered.  :D

Sorry to subject you all to this horribleness…but I could barely stand to look at it myself. For example, I was able to scan the main page (who ever thought of that lay out is obviously psychotic- never mind the content) and skim through the “slideshow of evil” and read the first two lines of “proof evolution is a hoax” before I had to escape.

My boyfriend is the one who actually found this, while doing an image search for a band. He managed to see that they call all rock music, The Beatles and especially John Lennon evil. Apparently “Imagine” is the devil’s anthem.

Also, there is a part way down where the person who wrote it recommends that everyone download the entire content to their hard drives because the beast is coming and the site won’t be up forever rolleyes

I have honestly never seen anything that made me so sick to my stomach. :x

Posted: 28 February 2007 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2006-10-09

I noticed a link to Jack T. Chick’s site on that page, accompanied by the caption “Thank God for Jack Chick”.  That speaks volumes, as Chick is a purveyor of just about the most warped, paranoid, intolerant, and anti-intellectual brand of Christianity out there.

I wouldn’t get too worked up over these people.  As any of you who have read my posts here will know, I am certainly no apologist for Christianity, but people like Chick and the operators of this website are no more representative of most Christians than the Aryan Brotherhood or the KKK are representative of most political conservatives.  They’re a fringe group, and their opinions are radical and extreme.

Signature 

I am the very model of a Christian Evangelical
I’ve no need for courtesy when fighting things heretical
I know the bible word for word; you’ll find me pedagogical
I have my faith so I’ve no need for ideas that are logical
Atheists and Pagans fall before my wit satirical
They’ll burn in hell just as they should; their cries will be so lyrical
I’m always right, you’re always wrong, my reasoning’s dogmatical
For I’m the very model of a Christian Evangelical

Posted: 28 February 2007 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-01-06

Not for long. Sir Richard Branson will soon give him competition with his flights into Space.

Signature 

em hotep

Rev. Robert Tobin (Minister, First Church of Atheism)
Thank “god” I am Atheist grin

Posted: 28 February 2007 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

[quote author=“windar”]

My jaw is left hanging every time I see this stuff. You Americans sure have it rough with so many sects popping up all over. Come to Canada, no one talks religion here, not in my neck of the woods anyways.

Unless one is in Quebec.  I’ve heard references to religion used in a much more suitable manner there.

Speaking as a synesthete, that site was especially ugly.  arrr!

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

Posted: 28 February 2007 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

[quote author=“neuronic”]

Also, there is a part way down where the person who wrote it recommends that everyone download the entire content to their hard drives because the beast is coming and the site won’t be up forever rolleyes

I have honestly never seen anything that made me so sick to my stomach. :x

I don’t think I have enough room on my hard drive.
I’m gonna have fun with this site for a day or two.  thanx neuro. :wink:

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 28 February 2007 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-02-13

[quote author=“switch”][quote author=“windar”]

Unless one is in Quebec.  I’ve heard references to religion used in a much more suitable manner there.

I am in Quebec, Montreal to be more precise. When I do bring it up it isn’t as hot a topic as it is in the US. That doesn’t mean there are no believers here, it’s like everybody went into the closet with religion. Most believe but would rather not talk about it. I see it as a step in the slow process of changing the mind set of society. Our school boards (districts) were changed to reflect language needs and not religious associations. The only new breath of religiosity blowing into the area is Muslims are becoming more predominant in the news because they’re trying to affirm their stature among the population. It seems there’s always one Muslim somewhere being discriminated against for whatever reason, whether it be a head scarf being worn by a player in a soccer match or female students being restricted access to university cafeterias while Islamic men eat.

Posted: 01 March 2007 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2006-03-06

And yet the website speaks the truth about certain things. Here, http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/satanism_in_the_vatican.htm , it shows a picture of the pope praying in front of a Virgin Mary statue:
“How could anyone be so foolish to actually bow down in prayer to a statue of Mary, yet at the same time deny that they are worshipping her?  Talk about crazy!  God clearly command us in the second of the ten commandments NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images.”
Because the Bible says: “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:” -Exodus 20:4
In their insanity they make sense. I know because when I was attracted to the Jehova witnesses brochures they made sense too. Also the orthodox christians make sense when they talk about how wicked the catholic church is. And after I became an non-believer I realised that the Catholic church makes sense too when they refer to fact that they are the “mother church”. Everybody makes sense if you take enough leaps of faith. And Intelligent Falling makes total sense.

Posted: 01 March 2007 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2007-02-13

How could anyone be so foolish to actually bow down in prayer to a statue of Mary, yet at the same time deny that they are worshipping her?

How could anyone bow down to a statue, period? Or an altar? Or a cross?

Posted: 01 March 2007 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

[quote author=“windar”][quote author=“switch”][quote author=“windar”]

I am in Quebec, Montreal to be more precise. When I do bring it up it isn’t as hot a topic as it is in the US. That doesn’t mean there are no believers here, it’s like everybody went into the closet with religion. Most believe but would rather not talk about it. I see it as a step in the slow process of changing the mind set of society. Our school boards (districts) were changed to reflect language needs and not religious associations. The only new breath of religiosity blowing into the area is Muslims are becoming more predominant in the news because they’re trying to affirm their stature among the population. It seems there’s always one Muslim somewhere being discriminated against for whatever reason, whether it be a head scarf being worn by a player in a soccer match or female students being restricted access to university cafeterias while Islamic men eat.

Ah, Didn’t know you were Canadian.  My bad.  I was refering to the religiously based swear words used in Canadian French.  Tabernacle! :wink:

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 19 May 2007 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14

[quote author=“miller”]... it shows a picture of the pope praying in front of a Virgin Mary statue:
“How could anyone be so foolish to actually bow down in prayer to a statue of Mary, yet at the same time deny that they are worshipping her?  Talk about crazy!  God clearly command us in the second of the ten commandments NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images.”
Because the Bible says: “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:” -Exodus 20:4

I think miller went to the great beyond (beyond this forum) but I’ll respond to keep my brain occupied a little further.

Do catholics worship statues?
During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to “make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live” (Num. 21:8–9).

One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations.

Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them.

It is when people begin to adore a statue as a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named “Nehushtan”), the righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4).  source: http://www.catholic.com/library/Do_Catholics_Worship_Statues.asp

What About Bowing?
Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9, where God said concerning idols, “You shall not bow down to them.” Since many Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints, anti-Catholics confuse the legitimate veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry.

Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. In Japan, people show respect by bowing in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who kneels with a Bible in his hands when praying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.

so see?  problem solved!

miller writes:
In their insanity they make sense. I know because when I was attracted to the Jehova witnesses brochures they made sense too.

we see what we need to see in order that we might see what they see.

Everybody makes sense if you take enough leaps of faith.

it isn’t really about leaps of faith as it is a predatory drawing out or playing on of one’s existential insecurities by another group who preys upon the weak and needy by claiming that they know what they do not.  Though leaps of faith can play a factor when that doesn’t work.

Mormonism cannot make sense to an educated human unless he needs it to make sense.

Noggin

Posted: 19 May 2007 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14

[quote author=“HappyHeathen”][quote author=“neuronic”]I have stumbled upon the greatest argument against religion I have ever seen. I am still in the process of exploring this dizzying array of idiocy. Please, if you can stomach it, join me in my quest to find the absolute stupidest thing posted on this site:

rolleyes

I just threw up everything I ate since I was born.http://freeweb.supereva.com/esorciccio2002/smilies/sick.gif

for a special treat… go to the website and try right clicking anywhere on the first page that pops up.

GAG!

Noggin

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed