Dawkins in the SFO Bay Area on March 9
Posted: 22 January 2008 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

For all of you West Coasters, Dawkins will be in Palo Alto on March 9.

http://richarddawkins.net/event,203,Aurora-Forum-at-Stanford-University

Against Ignorance: Science Education 21st Century with Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins
at Aurora Forum at Stanford University
The Aurora Forum at Stanford University will host a discussion with the physicist Lawrence Krauss and biologist Richard Dawkins.

This event will be open to the public. Details to be announced soon.
http://auroraforum.org/

Date: Sunday, March 09, 2008

Time: Che

Palo Alto, CA USA

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 22 January 2008 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

Thanks for the info Sander…

What’s that sound I hear? Rolling rubber on a four-lane blacktop: ROAD TRIP!!!!!

(Now all I need is for Pearl Jam, NIN or REM go on tour in Palo at the same time!)

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 03 February 2008 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-10-20

RDF will be filming the event with Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins. I’m sure it will be uploaded at some point on RD.net. We will let it be known when it is. So you don’t have to go looking for it, it will find you wink

Signature 

“‘The scientific method,’ Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, ‘is nothing but the normal working of the human mind.’ That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in correcting its mistakes.” ~ Neil Postman

The Reason Project Team on BOINC

Posted: 04 February 2008 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

I may just have to go back home for a visit around that time—been feeling the need to get some of that clean Bay Area Pacific air back into my lungs, and the feel of the live San Andreas earth under my feet again ...

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

‹‹ BEYOND BELIEF II      Atheist on teevee! ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"