trump, price on AHCA: “phase 1 sucks, but trust us on phases 2 and 3”

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  5168
Joined  22-02-2014

19 March 2017 08:57

Really, trust you guys that these undisclosed “phases 2 and 3” will turn this horrible phase 1 around?

George Stephanopoulos, why didn’t you press him on this point?

trust us

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15240
Joined  15-02-2008

19 March 2017 10:15

The guy just keep repeating the same stuff over and over, why do you think pressing would get any different result.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

19 March 2017 10:19

It would have been quite gratifying for this exchange to have occurred:

george: So you’re asking us to trust you that phases 2 and 3 will make it great?
price: blah, blah, blah…
george: Okay, so for the record, you will not respond to the question about you asking us to trust you… moving on…

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  2363
Joined  07-08-2011

19 March 2017 12:22

icehorse - 19 March 2017 10:19 AM

george: So you’re asking us to trust you that phases 2 and 3 will make it great?
george: Okay, so for the record, you will not respond to the question about you asking us to trust you… moving on…

I know Price didnt say “blah, blah, blah”.  But I think that is what you heard. The true bullshit was the Obamacare bill that was forced onto the people with Pelosi who famously said you have to pass the bill to know what is in it.

I recognize you are for Obamacare for personal reasons. That is also why majority of the hard working Americans against it.  My premiums went up 600% after Obamacare. My coverage went down. To add insult to injury, they called the bill “affordable care act”. Many Democratic Governors declared Obamacare failed. Insurance companies are pulling out. Obama’s signature bogus accomplishment was a disaster.

Medical Care in the US was not the problem. It was the affordability and access that needed to be resolved.  If the politicians want to fix that without destroying what already works, they need only to do one simple thing.

Make purchase of medical insurance available across the state lines. Open the market.

icehorse

icehorse
Joined  22-02-2014

19 March 2017 13:08

Celal - 19 March 2017 12:22 PM
icehorse - 19 March 2017 10:19 AM

I know Price didnt say “blah, blah, blah”.  But I think that is what you heard. The true bullshit was the Obamacare bill that was forced onto the people with Pelosi who famously said you have to pass the bill to know what is in it.

I recognize you are for Obamacare for personal reasons. That is also why majority of the hard working Americans against it.  My premiums went up 600% after Obamacare. My coverage went down. To add insult to injury, they called the bill “affordable care act”. Many Democratic Governors declared Obamacare failed. Insurance companies are pulling out. Obama’s signature bogus accomplishment was a disaster.

Medical Care in the US was not the problem. It was the affordability and access that needed to be resolved.  If the politicians want to fix that without destroying what already works, they need only to do one simple thing.

Make purchase of medical insurance available across the state lines. Open the market.

You’re putting inaccurate words into my mouth. I’m not defending ACA, I’m railing against the lack of transparency involved with the AHCA. It matters not how the ACA went down, it matters how the AHCA is going to go down.

While it’s true that I had a bit more trust for the previous administration than I do for the current, that’s really orthogonal to this thread.