‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

Magda

Magda
Total Posts:  623
Joined  01-12-2014

21 April 2017 07:38

Brother Mario - 21 April 2017 06:51 AM

If my head is indeed “fucked up”, then why is my life so not “fucked up”?

Why did I earn $1,400.00 yesterday through hard and difficult work power washing a house? (Hard and difficult work I enjoyed doing because I value self-sacrifice over self-indulgence.)

Why do I have four grandchildren, from 18 to 12, who love to spend their weekends with me? (And they love being with me because they have received an unselfish love from me since they were born.)

Why do I spend my days talking to everyone I meet? (I even go out my way to find lonely people that will be ignored by everyone they meet.)

Why do I feel the crush of love when I come into contact with anything to do with Jesus? (I cannot watch a movie or read a Gospel without every single time experiencing over and over again a good and true emotional reaction to his words and actions.)

Why do all my family members, who are not religious but rely on me for spiritual guidance, thrive? (All three children are married and successful, and there is not a single one of them who smokes, drinks, or takes drugs of any kind.)

It sounds like you have a lovely family - you certainly all look very bonny in the picture, you are right to be proud of them and their achievements.

If you really do (and I’ve no reason to disbelieve you) go out of your way to spend a few moments with the lonely and unloved then you have my sincere respect (a very Franciscan thing to do).

Your passion and emotion for Jesus shines through your posts. You’re a sweetheart.

......... disappointed that you wouldn’t write me a ‘dirty’ story though.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  240
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 07:38

A person who talks about his success is “conceited” to a person who can’t join in the conversation.

And a person is an “asshole” to a person who doesn’t appreciate the light that person shined in her eyes accustomed to the darkness.

I could care less what you or any other atheist wannabe thinks about me.

But I do care that people such as you refuse to correlate your empty lives with your atheism, and even become so stupid and malicious that you berate the full lives of a person living in a relationship with God.

And you know that was my meaning.

So try again, a bit more honestly this time.

[ Edited: 21 April 2017 07:51 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 07:47

Thanks for understanding my post, Magda.

And every day is a Franciscan day for the person who sees himself or herself in St. Francis.

Watch “Brother Sun, Sister Moon”, music by Donovan and directed by Zeffirelli, for the best depiction of St. Francis.

This movie was no small influence in my becoming a Franciscan forty years ago, and in how I live my life today.

Ola

Ola
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  12-07-2016

21 April 2017 07:55

Brother Mario - 21 April 2017 07:38 AM

A person who talks about his success is “conceited” to a person who can’t join in the conversation.

And a person is an “asshole” to a person who doesn’t appreciate the light that person shined in her eyes accustomed to the darkness.

I could care less what you or any other atheist wannabe thinks about me.

But I do care that people such as you refuse to correlate your empty lives with your atheism, and even become so stupid and malicious that you berate the full lives of a person living in a relationship with God.

And you know that was my meaning.

So try again, a bit more honestly this time.

Ok. Honestly, you’re a conceited asshole.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 09:01

No doubt, Ola, you “believe” a witty response equals a gifted mind.

Well, your belief in your wit is itself witless, given the degree of thinking it takes to take on questions beyond, for example, whether or not to keep talking birth control when another boyfriend sneaks away.

No, I’m not a conceited asshole.

Just as, no, God is not unfascinating.

You simply don’t know shit from Shinola.

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

21 April 2017 09:07

I know bullshit when I see it.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 09:24

Do you?

So does GAD.

You two should hook up.

But, in all honesty, since we’re being honest—

How do you know “bullshit”?

Education?

Experience?

Talent?

I mean, all you had to say to shut me up is ...

“Hey, Mario, I’m a beautiful woman with a loving family, highly educated and successful, so your judgement of me as a wannabe atheist with a shitty personal life because I don’t have the spiritual power of a living God helping me is bogus.”

So, saying “I know bullshit because I know bullshit” is simply stupid.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  14208
Joined  17-12-2006

21 April 2017 09:29

whoops

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

21 April 2017 09:41

Brother Mario - 21 April 2017 09:24 AM

Do you?

So does GAD.

You two should hook up.

Education?

Experience?

Talent?

“Hey, Mario, I’m a beautiful woman with a loving family, highly educated and successful, so your judgement of me as a wannabe atheist with a shitty personal life because I don’t have the spiritual power of a living God helping me is bogus.”

Well, to tell the truth - and I’m so glad you’ve shown me the light so that I can feel free for the first time to be honest with myself, and the world, and god - my youngest daughter is a back street prostitute working for heroin and weed, and I pray every day that she’ll phone me but she is so angry with me over the whole abandoning her as a baby palaver that she probably won’t, but my other daughters keep me informed (via Facebook, natch, as they refuse to speak to me face to face since the Christmas Eve that I got so drunk I set fire to the grandkids’ stockings. My husband and I sleep in separate beds. Mine is in the basement of a McDonalds in Dublin and his is in Manhattan. His new girlfriend, an ex-nun, so very holy, also sleeps there inbetween helping out at the soup kitchen and running mini marathons in aid of deaf christian cats. I hate cats so we don’t have much in common.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 10:02

I absolutely love cats, and last summer buried my Zora—my close friend for twenty years and a sweetheart.

So, you are indeed a mess.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

21 April 2017 10:12

A drunk sat on a barstool next to another drunk and said,

“Hey, maybe I beat my wife once in awhile, and raised my kids to be assholes, and lost every good job I ever had, and spent most of my time getting drunk on this barstool—but at least I never killed anyone.”

Narrating some elaborate story of a really fucked up person to justify a somewhat fucked up life is somewhat like that.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

21 April 2017 10:19

Brother Mario - 21 April 2017 07:06 AM

burt, your link was to a philosophically complicated mess that was basically some guy describing his contemplative experiences.

I only speak to you about simple things that God has given to us to become fully alive.

My contemplative states while I was praying ceaselessly in a monastery are the stuff of monastic life, not human life.

You’ll never get it because you don’t want to get it.

Your human life is detached from your spirituality, so you seek to find obsure spiritual writings that justify this detachment.

Love God, burt, and keep him close to your chest, then your humanity will become fully alive.

He doesn’t care about your head or the point it comes to ... and neither should you.

Mario, you enjoy the provocative role, you assume things about others based on your own internal mental structures and beliefs and then react. You try to push others into the same sort of belief structures that you inhabit because you believe that is what is required for their salvation, and everything else is shit. So look at your self and recognize that mechanism. The link I posted was to a complicated discussion, but it was not just “some guy describing his contemplative experiences” and the fact, exhibited in your response, that you only saw that says much about your own experiences and your own level of spiritual realization and your inability to extract the gist of a statement from its more wordy presentation. It exhibits your vanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8qT24fpqw
But before you can reach the state you need some work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyH0GbwAMc

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

21 April 2017 10:19

I come to you for help and guidance in my hour of need and all I get is a joke with no punchline? I’m repenting, godammit, save me, save me. I can’t spend another lousy night eating yesterday’s big macs, I hate that special sauce. And tomorrow is rent day so I’ll have to sleep with Jim the janitor. Or Mike the assistant manager. I haven’t looked at the new rota yet. BRB

[ Edited: 21 April 2017 10:22 by Ola]

Ola

Ola
Joined  12-07-2016

21 April 2017 10:22

Yup. Jim. Crap.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

21 April 2017 10:25

Ola - 21 April 2017 09:41 AM
Brother Mario - 21 April 2017 09:24 AM

Do you?

So does GAD.

You two should hook up.

Education?

Experience?

Talent?

Well, to tell the truth - and I’m so glad you’ve shown me the light so that I can feel free for the first time to be honest with myself, and the world, and god - my youngest daughter is a back street prostitute working for heroin and weed, and I pray every day that she’ll phone me but she is so angry with me over the whole abandoning her as a baby palaver that she probably won’t, but my other daughters keep me informed (via Facebook, natch, as they refuse to speak to me face to face since the Christmas Eve that I got so drunk I set fire to the grandkids’ stockings. My husband and I sleep in separate beds. Mine is in the basement of a McDonalds in Dublin and his is in Manhattan. His new girlfriend, an ex-nun, so very holy, also sleeps there inbetween helping out at the soup kitchen and running mini marathons in aid of deaf christian cats. I hate cats so we don’t have much in common.

Good response, Ola. One of Mario’s tricks is to try and get you to brag about yourself. Falling into that is a fools game.

‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›