What I don’t get about creationists…

Tad Trenton's Ghost

Tad Trenton's Ghost
Total Posts:  462
Joined  23-11-2006

14 March 2009 18:11

Creationists essentially teach that creation=magic. That is, if there is a natural explanation for something, then it is not created by God. This is one reason they argue that evolution is inherently atheistic.

But it is often stated by beleivers that “each of us is a child of God,” or “each human being is created in God’s own image.”

But this cannot be so according to creationism. Only two people in history were ever “specially created”. The rest were conceived by natural means—in fact, conceived in sin. Therefore, nobody alive today is a “child of God.” Everyone is an imperfect mishap, resulting from the Fall of Man.

Given that, why should there be any objections to cloning, germ-line engineering, etc., since modern humans aren’t really divinely created at all, but exist as a result of the Curse?

GAD
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  15-02-2008

15 March 2009 09:17

It’s magic, it doesn’t have to make sense.

Mathemagician

Mathemagician
Total Posts:  12
Joined  28-12-2008

15 March 2009 09:40

Tad Trenton’s Ghost - 14 March 2009 10:11 PM

Creationists essentially teach that creation=magic. That is, if there is a natural explanation for something, then it is not created by God. This is one reason they argue that evolution is inherently atheistic.

But it is often stated by beleivers that “each of us is a child of God,” or “each human being is created in God’s own image.”

But this cannot be so according to creationism. Only two people in history were ever “specially created”. The rest were conceived by natural means—in fact, conceived in sin. Therefore, nobody alive today is a “child of God.” Everyone is an imperfect mishap, resulting from the Fall of Man.

Given that, why should there be any objections to cloning, germ-line engineering, etc., since modern humans aren’t really divinely created at all, but exist as a result of the Curse?

Mr. TTG, your words remind me of a mathematical proof.  Simple, and straightfoward.  I concur.

When Creationists perform Math, I wonder if they think they can “divide by zero.”

eudemonia
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  05-04-2008

16 March 2009 06:41

Are we trying to rationalize the irrational again?

Why?

eudemonia
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  05-04-2008

16 March 2009 07:31

Creationism is indeed a dead end, or even a false start…....until ‘faith’ is applied. That gives them the final explanation and satifies their absolutist mentality.