New Testament

Under New Management

Under New Management
Total Posts:  58
Joined  05-10-2007

27 December 2009 00:03

can anyone suggest some tenet of the New Testament that would be illegal today?

Starfire
Total Posts:  19
Joined  25-09-2009

27 December 2009 21:53

Is there a New Testament tenet that would be illegal today?  Yes, it’s this passage from the Letter of James:“Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;” (Jas. 5:14-15 KJV) There was a time when parents whose children died were not prosecuted for wrongful death/manslaughter when they followed this instruction. But parents of a child who died about three months ago are going to be charged with murder.  They did what the Bible told them and said it did not accur to them to take their child to a doctor. Do I need to add that I think it is OUTRAGEOUS that Christian Scientists want federal health care payments for prayer?

Airy Spirit

Airy Spirit
Total Posts:  277
Joined  10-02-2008

16 January 2010 00:24

Starfire - 28 December 2009 02:53 AM

Is there a New Testament tenet that would be illegal today?  Yes, it’s this passage from the Letter of James:“Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;” (Jas. 5:14-15 KJV) There was a time when parents whose children died were not prosecuted for wrongful death/manslaughter when they followed this instruction. But parents of a child who died about three months ago are going to be charged with murder.  They did what the Bible told them and said it did not accur to them to take their child to a doctor. Do I need to add that I think it is OUTRAGEOUS that Christian Scientists want federal health care payments for prayer?

Are you saying that they want to be paid by the government for praying for some-one to be well?