I was wondering where he disappeared to. Sam, you've made me a happy person today.
You said: Many readers have contacted me hoping that I would have some well-formed ideas about how to translate the message of my book into a political movement or some other form of social action. I don't.
Excellent! A man with your talents might actually lead some of the flock astray. So I am happy that you do not have any political aspirations in reference to the message of the book.
I also think it a wise decision with the current political climate. Us red staters…(actually, I'm in a blue state) are alarmed with the political and moral implications that a movement of this type would cause. The country already is in a state of moral filth, propagated by Hollywood, and declared normal by an eager "elite" media.
So, the political movement to take the country back for God has been taking place. This not without the required revival (have you heard, or don't you know, the spirit of revival is moving across the land).
If I may, here are some of the political changes I would like to see:
- Install prayer back in schools (doesn't have to be mandatory)
- Make the Pledge of Allegiance with "Under God" (does have to be mandatory)
- delimit abortion to cases of incest, rape, or irreparable harm to the women (it’s a moral tragedy when somebody kills the poor little living being inside their body for some flippant reason)
- Ramp up a great education awareness of why abortion is wrong
- clamp down on religious organizations that openly support one political party or the other (take away their tax exempt status)
- stop being so politically correct, we go to great lengths to not hurt the feelings of certain fringe groups, lets get to making important and morally correct decisions and everybody can live with it, or find a "better" country to live in (yuk yuk)
- Faith based initiative should be expanded greatly (inner city moms will thank us greatly; you know what I'm talking about….)
- Social Security should be revamped with private accounts, and those accounts should go to a beneficiary other than the gov (I CAN'T WAIT!!)
- Place the abridged Ten Commandments outside of every courthouse in the land! (ya baby, bout time!)
- immigration should be checked and controlled, no more insanity on giving driver's licenses to illegal, discounts to universities and all the other stuff. (It is not the governments job to feed and cloth the world, it is the churches job! Stop it!)
If you disagree, I would like to know why.
Sam, you might get some faith yet…, then you will have to write The Beginning of Faith (I'll be the first to buy it!)