Evolution takes a beating, live coast to coast!

MartyrlessMike

MartyrlessMike
Total Posts:  1
Joined  18-09-2005

18 September 2005 06:54

Good stuff all. I missed a lot of the middle, read the beginning, and was very distracted by Mr. Peter’s preoccupation with others’ children. WTF’s that all about. Anyway, kudos(did i actually just write that?) to Champ. for putting it out there for all the geniuses to disseminate. Good, bad, wrong, or right you spoke your mind and rolled with the punches.

Doc
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-11-2005

05 November 2005 13:19

[quote author=“TheChampion”], you SHOULD have heard the word today! On the Michael Medvid

At least spell his name right.

show, which is broadcast nationwide (AM radio), he spent an hour with a renowned evolutionist (small caps, if you may).

The theory of evolution took a royal beating. Just as I suspected, talking with normal rational human beings (which practically omits academia),

dig no. 1

evolution was exposed as a fraud. The evolutionist in question tried to make

what do you mean, “tried?”

a variety of arguments, all of which were readily

dig no. 2

shot down by the host and by callers from around the nation. Truly, the Emperor has no cloths (and the Emperor in this case, the theory of evolution) and it took normal rational people of sound mind to point it out to the rest of the nation. Yes, it was exposed for the sillyness that it tis.

The host and the callers were indignant, as they should have been. It takes more faith to believe in evolution (which has many holes and academia has not been able to patch them-they never will) than it does to believe in Intelligent Design.

Has anyone else noticed a certain lack of detail (i.e, examples) in this discourse?

The poor evolutionist

dig no. 3

finally resorted to nebulas circular arguments, which made him appear caviler. These petty circular arguments were easy to pick off as his main premise’s were no longer valid.

Being in the trenches on this forum can make one lose sight of the fact that only a small portion of the nation at large actually believes in this dung.

dig no. 4. Even if it were true that it is a “small portion”, does that make it a good thing?

It is a theory that is an affront to all the principles that this great nation was founded on: endowed by our Creator, In God we Trust, the 10 commandments (basis for the rule of law), One nation under God, etc., etc., and so on.

My kingdom for an original thought!

Intellectuals, it is time to face the truth. The theory of evolution cannot be reconciled with science. To do so is folly. You should know this in your hearts.

Give us a reasoned argument to support this, if possible.

Since I am new to this discussion group, I don’t want to say too much. However, my observation is that, if this is an example of the level of discourse, I probably won’t be finding the time to read much of the posts. Sam’s book was written with a certain amount of intellectual effort and amply supported with evidence. I would expect that his discussion forum would proceed in the same spirit.

Rod
Total Posts:  630
Joined  06-02-2005

05 November 2005 15:07

Since no one else has, I’ll simply let you know that the Champ is our resident fundie goofball who seems to have a comment on most things and an obsession to get us all to heaven. Praise the Lord. Viv is just some psychotic who hasn’t been around in a while; Baker Act’d and on meds probably.

Rod

john pitcavage

john pitcavage
Total Posts:  3
Joined  18-12-2005

27 December 2005 04:19

There is but one thing drives the instinct to faith - the fear of death, the pain of dying and it’s all egoism and being more important than everyone else makes us so desperate firm to embrace childish fictions. what a murderous and spiteful lot we are howeth doth haveth no shamethness.

actuarially yours, himjohnyogi

psThe reason why Intelligent design is preferred by the american majority is because mostly people (mostly white ones) are repulsed by the picture their ancestors could have been so ugly and so hairy and for so many years no one ever imagined a sunday school cottage industry.

JustTed
Total Posts:  77
Joined  19-01-2006

17 February 2006 05:53

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Hi John, listen, God made man in his own image.

Prove it.

Slimmins
Total Posts:  62
Joined  06-10-2005

17 February 2006 22:17

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Hi John, listen, God made man in his own image.

Not quite.  It’s more like man makes gods in his image then claims gods made him in their image.  It’s a common misconception.

[ Edited: 18 February 2006 10:04 by ]

Nullifidian

Nullifidian
Total Posts:  39
Joined  23-01-2006

18 February 2006 06:40

[quote author=“TheChampion”]However, you still may recall that the original man and woman (Adam and Eve, for those of you who were living on planet mars and just fell in) did however procreate (or how would you be sitting here reading this). So the sin nature was passed on to every living human.

How very Lamarckian! That acquired characteristics (and the “sin nature” must have been acquired, unless God created both Adam and Eve with sin natures) can be passed from one generation to the next, and so on ad infinitum, was proven to be an invalid theory by, you guessed it, Darwinists!

Nullifidian

Nullifidian
Joined  23-01-2006

18 February 2006 06:43

[quote author=“TheChampion”]make disciples in all nations…..amen)

So, Christianity intends to conquer the world?

Seems like Mr. Harris’s book came not a moment too soon! I just hope it hasn’t come too late.

Nullifidian

Nullifidian
Joined  23-01-2006

18 February 2006 06:48

[quote author=“hampsteadpete”]There is a better case for Santa Claus than there is for the xtian god.

Yeah, at least Santa can be observed by meteorological radar! It happens every Christmas! No radar has ever picked up a bleep from Yahweh, now has it?

Nullifidian

Nullifidian
Joined  23-01-2006

18 February 2006 06:57

[quote author=“gman”]

Pete and all.  The fact is everyone IS paying attention to theChampion and feeding his ferver.  Why do so many of you insist on repsonding to this idiot’s posts.  He isn’t worth the time of day and too much resources are getting used up for no good purpose.  I am asking everyone who thinks they have a clever or knowledgable response to this moron to reconsider.  He is totally incompetent in the reasoning arena.  Your efforts are totaly wasted. He has successfully co-opted this forum, or a good part of it and every time someone responds to him they are just extending an idiotic exchange.

It would be nice to have reasoned discussions re: how can we organize to teach biology and evolution in such a way that the younger generation understands what a scientific theory is.

OK, my $0.02

gman

A good point gman, but we might want to think about other people that come to the forum and read these threads. Our reasonable answers to a raving lunatic fundy troll can go a long way toward convincing those of wavering faith that we have the more rational argument. If we just ignore posts such as those by theChump, We may never get another, or a better, opportunity to argue from a postion of strength about the absurdities of which he rants.

tieros
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-02-2006

20 February 2006 07:02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]“the scientists assert too much use of ground water by typical Manila households and businesses – not global warming – was the bigger reason the metropolis is sinking.”

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL,LOL, LOL,LOL, LOL,LOL, LOL,LOL, LOL,LOL, LOL,

Yeah, I can’t believe these nuts. It’s COMPLETELY impossible to cause an island city to sink due to the removal of too much ground water!!!

The next thing they’re going to try and tell us is that Venice, Italy is a real city, when it’s SO obvious that it’s just another fictional place made up by scientists to support their evil theories.  :twisted:

RainbowBrain

RainbowBrain
Total Posts:  6
Joined  19-02-2006

20 February 2006 07:24

So much confusion, so many who think they have the right to condone or condemn others, the union of souls is under the power of no state, religion, nor deity, it is a fundamental right of soul to guide the paths and unions of their own choosing. No legal nor moral right is required other than that of trust, truth and love between them. When mankind sees this he will be on the path to becoming man*kind. So much is wasted in petty squabbles of gender, race, sexual orientation, religious and political agendas.  Seeing the reality of true and honest relationship as the desire of divine truth, is the ability to know that truth.

Truth is the tool which hurts, helps and heals the most, and one which can only be effective if used on and by one self, learn to be your personal truth and you are the master of your destiny, the creation of Divine*Evolution.

©Bruce Larson*Moore
Of Poetic*Service

http://global-luvolution.blogspot.com

mudfoot
Total Posts:  1038
Joined  22-12-2005

20 February 2006 08:06

I think Dr. Bronner beat you to the punch, Rainbow.

And he makes one smell like mint.

RainbowBrain

RainbowBrain
Joined  19-02-2006

21 February 2006 10:39

ahhhh *Yes, but Truth makes one*- smell, feel and taste the punch of the mint.

Ones reality is of ones making.

BL*M

RainbowBrain

RainbowBrain
Joined  19-02-2006

22 February 2006 12:09

I know who, what, how and why i’am, i know truth, one who thinks s/he knows the depth of my reality, knows nearly nothing of he/r - self, and only little of me*.

seek and ye shall find.

BL*M