‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

The Cult of Evolutionists

SaulOhio

SaulOhio
Total Posts:  895
Joined  07-09-2006

06 November 2006 10:44

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Curses! The cult of Evolutionists has more fodder for their cause.

“Dolphin with four-wheel drive stuns the scientists”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=414678&in_page_id=1770

But this is just a one-time thing. This means nothing. Actually this completely screws up their theology that siggly things grew into fish and fish onto land and fish into minkeys and minkeys into humans. Here, the first was on land and goes back into the water. AH HA HA ha ha ha…..so much for the theory of evolution.

We got em now!!!

Your problem is that a land animal evolved to return to the water? Where is the problem with that? There are numerous examples of evolution changing directions. Evolution doesn’t necessarily continue in the same direction all the time, as it if was striving towards some goal. Its only goal or standard is survival. If returning to the oceans serves the survival of some species, thats what happens. There are cordate animals that have become sessile. It is pretty certain that their ancestors were free swimming animals, but they now look more like sea anemonies. Some people have called this sort of thing “retrograde evolution”, but that expression supposes that evolution has a “normal” direction, which it doesn’t. If evolution was always about progress towards more complex, sophisticated, and advanced organisms, we wouldn’t have bacteria anymore, would we?

TheChampion: Your whole objection is entirely specious, and implies a strawman argument.

TheChampion

TheChampion
Total Posts:  3036
Joined  25-04-2005

06 November 2006 12:30

SaulOhio, you know, evolution is such a farce. Think about it. When exactly did mankind evolve into having a conscience? Who gave them a conscience to determine right from wrong? There is no way in a bazillion years that mankind could develop a conscience to help determine the difference between right and wrong.

God gave you that. And he gave it to man from day one when he ‘created’ man. Anything else you may have heard is poppycock.

SaulOhio

SaulOhio
Total Posts:  895
Joined  07-09-2006

06 November 2006 12:58

TheChamion wrote:

SaulOhio, you know, evolution is such a farce. Think about it. When exactly did mankind evolve into having a conscience? Who gave them a conscience to determine right from wrong? There is no way in a bazillion years that mankind could develop a conscience to help determine the difference between right and wrong.

God gave you that. And he gave it to man from day one when he ‘created’ man. Anything else you may have heard is poppycock.

Now this barely even contains an argument. You have some questions that you simply assume have no answer, and conclude that the answer is “God did it”.

“Conscience” is not something we have at birth, but something we learn. Sociopaths can be considered people who have no conscience. They have no ability to feel empathy towards other people. The one thing they have in common besides that is that their parents did not provide them with enough attention in their earliest years. They did not learn to value human contact. They did not learn right from wrong. A conscience is a product of consciousness, of the human ability to consciously figure out what conditions and actions are necessary for our survival.

Of course there are those evolutionary psychologists who do think our moral behavior is a product of evolution, but I favor the theory that it is learned behavior. Now assuming it ISN’T learned, why is it impossible for it to have evolved? And if you don’t (yet) understand how a DNA molecule can code for a behavioral trait, does that automatically lead to the conclusion that it was Go-given? Or does it make more sense to put it on a list of things we don’t know yet, and name it as a subject for future study?

Thats the problem with your approach. You answer any question you have with this “God did it”, and don’t bother to look any further for an explanation. You are closed to learning anything new about life, nature, and the universe.

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

07 November 2006 12:49

[quote author=“SaulOhio”]. . .
Thats the problem with your approach. You answer any question you have with this “God did it”, and don’t bother to look any further for an explanation. You are closed to learning anything new about life, nature, and the universe.

Saul, Champion is pathologically ignorant in the sense that he has good IQ, verbal skills, even a college education. But a memetic virus has so severely infiltrated his thoughts that I’m not even insulting him right now, since he will only celebrate my little critique of his lack of cognitive powers as proof of his acceptance of ancient, divine, anti-intellectual authority. That’s how dense this person is. You could be an intellect with the combined historical impact of Einstein, Newton and Shakespeare and our beloved Champ would win any argument he engaged in with you . . . in his opinion, of course.

I don’t ignore him since I find him fascinating and I actually like him, but I do my best not to waste too much effort engaging him in discussion. Good luck, though, if you choose to. Maybe you’ll be successful, but I’d be shocked and amazed if you or anyone else did. Just hoping to save you some frustration. But you probably already know this.

myfishgrewlegs

myfishgrewlegs
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-11-2006

08 November 2006 19:59

[quote author=“TheChampion”]God gave you that. And he gave it to man from day one when he ‘created’ man. Anything else you may have heard is poppycock.

Champ, Is it our conscience that tells us right from wrong or is it our moral standards/values? Is there any difference between the two?

On second thought, never mind. Your last sentence gives me all the ammunit…uh, I mean information that I need.

Let me tell you about the poppycock that I heard. Wait for it…you’re gonna love this one…I heard that our morality comes to us from the Bible. Isn’t that a riot!!

The Christians I have been talking to assure me that there is absolutely, positively NO WAY for me to know right from wrong, or to “find God” other than reading the Bible and accepting Christianity. I have been using this same argument with them, namely that God trumps the Bible and all man made religions. Now I can go back to them with utmost confidence in my position. 

TChamp said it, so it must be gospel.

Andrew_S

Andrew_S
Total Posts:  103
Joined  29-10-2006

08 November 2006 20:25

The “four wheeled” dolphin is striking supportive evidence of evolutionary theory, if only you had the slightest clue how evolution works.

The extra fins are simply “vestigial organs” that demonstrate that the dolphins used to have four limbs. Same reason some people are born with tails.

Every respected scientist and most educated laypeople instantly knew the value of this discovery. Crackpot christian psuedoscientists quickly went into distort mode to try to spin it to support their myth based biblescience.

Andy

Andy
Total Posts:  1
Joined  25-11-2006

25 November 2006 11:41

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Forgive me William, but that sounded pretty incoherent. Makes no sense whatsoever. Does not answer the question. Either WE evolved from monkeys and apes or we did not.

I am just listening in on your discussion.  It is nice for the most part.  It could do without some of the defensiveness.  We are all interested in the truth of these matters, right?  These forums exist for listening to one another, not for defensiveness and sarcasm.

Just thought I would try to encourage this intelligent conversation to stay that way.

Thanks.

—-

Sorry.  This quote came about 5 pages back.  I am a little late, but the suggestion still stands.

camanintx

camanintx
Total Posts:  754
Joined  16-08-2006

25 November 2006 11:54

[quote author=“Andy”]Sorry.  This quote came about 5 pages back.  I am a little late, but the suggestion still stands.

I don’t think Champ will get your message, he’s over trolling on Dawkin’s web site now.

msdiver

msdiver
Total Posts:  63
Joined  29-04-2007

23 June 2007 12:36

Hey, champ, go to this website.  You could learn a lot that you obviously have not been exposed to.  read with an open mind…:)
maybe after reading this, you’ll join the evolution cult…:)

http://www.lpi.usra.edu

msdiver

msdiver
Joined  29-04-2007

23 June 2007 12:38

champ, click on education, then solar system evolution…..good luck

sambarge

sambarge
Total Posts:  191
Joined  28-05-2007

24 June 2007 03:10

I think Champ likes denying evolution.  I wouldn’t try to change his mind.

msdiver

msdiver
Joined  29-04-2007

24 June 2007 03:36

I think Champ has been brainwashed as all religious people are which means he CAN’T think, and this is very sad, indeed.

msdiver

msdiver
Joined  29-04-2007

08 July 2007 05:08

I haven’t been on the site in a while, but I just read champ’s post about humans knowing right from wrong because of god.  Champ, you really need to turn on the discovery channel or take some classes.  Even animals have “rules” within their groups.  Elephants will weep for their dead, and though they risk being injured, they will no abandon one of their own who is sick or injured. Right outside my door live two swans.  They mate for life just as cardinals do, and you should see them protecting their young!  I once saw a cardinal dragging its dead “spouse” out of the road.  I have bred dogs and horses and other animals.  If anyone but me or my daughter tried to approach the foal (baby horse), my mare would have killed him/her.  As the baby matured, she allowed more people to get near it and gave it more freedom.  Where, Champ, do you think she learned that?  EVOLUTION taught her!  Even ants have a code of ethics, so to speak.  Did god give the animals and insects and reptiles that too? 

I will never understand how people like you, champ, hear the things you’re told on this site but refuse to look into the possibility that at least some of it may be right.  Are you afraid to lose your imaginary friend?  Are you so weak or perverted that you need something to hide behind?  Why don’t you take the opportunity to enlighten yourself instead of clinging to your first century views without question.

mammooth

mammooth
Total Posts:  269
Joined  03-07-2007

09 July 2007 14:35

The Champion of what… your name says it all, in order to be the champion you have to win and, a champion are as a champion win (FG)

Most of the people who oppose evolution is for a single reason, because they know evolution is working perfectly they will not exist, in which case you can not be a champion

TheChampion

TheChampion
Total Posts:  3036
Joined  25-04-2005

12 October 2007 23:05

mammooth - 09 July 2007 06:35 PM

Most of the people who oppose evolution is for a single reason, because they know evolution is working perfectly they will not exist, in which case you can not be a champion

Absolutely not, auuuuu contraire, my good woolly mammooth ice monster. We oppose evolution because it is man’s method to deny God his rightful glory.

‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›