< 1 2 3 > 

Ecurb’s Travels

EN

EN
Total Posts:  19405
Joined  11-03-2007

05 July 2016 20:56

I’ve PM’d and EM’d Jefe, but no response so far.  Anyone heard from him???

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5498
Joined  22-02-2005

06 July 2016 11:04

He is logged into Skype occasionally. I hope you make it to that fair thing with him.

I’m back from a long summer safari. It looks like Mart handled everything fine.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4744
Joined  19-08-2010

06 July 2016 13:14

Nhoj Morley - 06 July 2016 11:04 AM

... It looks like Mart handled everything fine.

Move along now… nothing to see here.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

21 June 2017 19:24

One week until my super vacation.  My wife and I are flying business class (United Polaris) from Houston to Amsterdam.  Two nights there, then boarding a Viking cruise ship going down the Rhine, to the Main, then on a canal to the Danube, and finally ending up in Budapest, Hungary.  Burt has already done this in reverse, I think.  Anyway, 15 days on the boat, two in Amsterdam and an extra night in Budapest. Pulling out all the stops.  5 countries total: Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia (just passing through Bratislava without stopping), and Hungary.  I’ve never been to Slovakia or Hungary, so that’s new.  One day trip to Munich when we stop at Regensburg, Germany. Never been there before.  I see lots of beer and wine in my future. We bought the drinking package, so I have my work cut out for me to make sure Viking loses money on me.  Probably not possible.

We are coming home on Lufthansa, also business class.  I’m totally disconnecting from work for a total of 19 days, including one night I’m spending in Houston. I’ll learn that I can live without them, and they’ll learn they can live without me. Hope I have a job when I get back.  I’m leaving after work on the 27th, so you won’t hear from me until July 17.  But I’ll try to post some photos when I get back.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  14554
Joined  17-12-2006

25 June 2017 20:00

EN - 21 June 2017 07:24 PM

One week until my super vacation.  My wife and I are flying business class (United Polaris) from Houston to Amsterdam.  Two nights there, then boarding a Viking cruise ship going down the Rhine, to the Main, then on a canal to the Danube, and finally ending up in Budapest, Hungary.  Burt has already done this in reverse, I think.  Anyway, 15 days on the boat, two in Amsterdam and an extra night in Budapest. Pulling out all the stops.  5 countries total: Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia (just passing through Bratislava without stopping), and Hungary.  I’ve never been to Slovakia or Hungary, so that’s new.  One day trip to Munich when we stop at Regensburg, Germany. Never been there before.  I see lots of beer and wine in my future. We bought the drinking package, so I have my work cut out for me to make sure Viking loses money on me.  Probably not possible.

We are coming home on Lufthansa, also business class.  I’m totally disconnecting from work for a total of 19 days, including one night I’m spending in Houston. I’ll learn that I can live without them, and they’ll learn they can live without me. Hope I have a job when I get back.  I’m leaving after work on the 27th, so you won’t hear from me until July 17.  But I’ll try to post some photos when I get back.

Enjoy! Kinga and I did do it in reverse, spend several days in Budapest before with her relatives (and there were many of them) and then a conference for me in Amsterdam at the end. If you get a chance see the Rijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum. It’s a great trip although with the booze package you may not remember much of it so take lots of photos. And if you stop in Bamburg, be careful about the bacon flavored beer. And definitely business class, although on the return trip that’s not really necessary. But for the overnight flights, at my age at least, essential. Enjoy!

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5550
Joined  05-04-2006

26 June 2017 06:00

Belated good wishes, EN!

I’m a bit jealous, but my wife and I just spent a week in Paris last month so I can’t complain too much. I’ve yet to set foot in Budapest, though.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  1353
Joined  21-10-2016

26 June 2017 06:16

Bon voyage, EN.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

26 June 2017 13:07

Thanks.  Leaving after work tomorrow for Houston, then flying out on Wednesday.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

27 June 2017 12:10

EN - 26 June 2017 01:07 PM

Thanks.  Leaving after work tomorrow for Houston, then flying out on Wednesday.

Have a good trip Bruce.

Magda

Magda
Total Posts:  630
Joined  01-12-2014

27 June 2017 22:46

Have a great time EN. Amsterdam is a cool and crazy place and those other places sound great.

I’m heading across the Atlantic in the other direction next week, not business class unfortunately, to Boston for a couple of days and then hiring a car and heading up around New Hampshire, Vermont and back down the Maine coast (family holiday).

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

28 June 2017 13:02

Magda - 27 June 2017 10:46 PM

Have a great time EN. Amsterdam is a cool and crazy place and those other places sound great.

I’m heading across the Atlantic in the other direction next week, not business class unfortunately, to Boston for a couple of days and then hiring a car and heading up around New Hampshir, Vermont and back down the Maine coast (family holiday).

I did New England in 2014. Loved it.  Now I’m in the United Club at the Houston airport waiting to board the flight to Amsterdam.  Haven’t been there since 1970, so it will be like new.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 September 2017 17:02

Heading out for the Big Bend area of Texas in the morning. Going to enjoy the beautiful Rio Grande border area there before Trump destroys it with a stupid wall.  Also going to visit some fantastic restaurants in Marfa, Alpine and Marathon.  May even cross the river into Mexico at Boquillas for a cold beer and a taco.  I’ll post pics on Facebook.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 October 2017 18:15

Going to Seattle Sunday for a Risk Managment seminar (sounds exciting, right!).  Staying at the Westin.  Planning at least one lunch at Pike Place Market, one dinner at Blueacre Seafood, and one at Purple.  I like Seattle - I’ve never been up the Space Needle but I will go this time.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15833
Joined  15-02-2008

13 October 2017 18:28

EN - 13 October 2017 06:15 PM

Going to Seattle Sunday for a Risk Managment seminar (sounds exciting, right!).  Staying at the Westin.  Planning at least one lunch at Pike Place Market, one dinner at Blueacre Seafood, and one at Purple.  I like Seattle - I’ve never been up the Space Needle but I will go this time.

I was there a couple months back and stayed at the Westin as well. We have corporate offices in the high rise a block or two from the market and I just walked everywhere, it was very nice.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

13 October 2017 20:40

GAD - 13 October 2017 06:28 PM
EN - 13 October 2017 06:15 PM

I was there a couple months back and stayed at the Westin as well. We have corporate offices in the high rise a block or two from the market and I just walked everywhere, it was very nice.

I might just walk where ever I fancy tomorrow… the street path beach bitch sucking ice cream or just not… however I feel.
I might even eat cereal. So there.

< 1 2 3 >