Anti-Tech Movement

Judasthe23rd

Judasthe23rd
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-08-2017

07 August 2017 21:06

Has anyone here read Ted “The Unabomber” Kaczynski’s book that came out last year titled, “Anti-Tech Revolution Why and How”. Sam has brought him up and in his podcast with Lawrence Wright (#61) he expressed an interest in interviewing him. I feel like that book could offer some interesting insights into the mind of one of the 20th centurie’s most infamous terrorists. Seems to be sold out everywhere and I’m wondering if publisher quit printing for some reason.

Ari Paul

Ari Paul
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-08-2017

08 August 2017 17:53

I’ve read the book and I thought it was extraordinary.  Very well reasoned, thought-provoking, challenges your critical thinking to the max.  I wouldn’t say that it gives you any insights into the author’s mind per se, but it offers some extraordinary insights into effects of technological growth on human social and ecological systems and there’s an extremely interesting chapter that’s basically analyzing revolutionary movements throughout history, and formulating what amounts to a unified theory that accounts for some revolutions’ successes and other’s failures.  I don’t know why it’s currently sold out though…that’s weird.