< 1 2 3

Mention the OTHER Tencommandments too

ray stasionis

ray stasionis
Total Posts:  10
Joined  26-07-2009

13 July 2010 04:24

please don’t burden your children with all that is and was and (to some) will be….God. Thats why i gave up religion because to take in, to defend, to agree with all that is attributed to this God of three religions to this day is far too great a burden for me.  Having to justify why horrible, bad things happen and this God watches them occur and does nothing. Holocaust? children’s crusade? epidemics? pain? suffering? killing? i could not and refused to continue the claim, ‘oh, we can never understand the complexities that are God” there is nothing complex about him. He is not there. He is just a curse. And have the real not suffered him? The innocent? Let the discovery of the New World be an example. Even real white people have suffered because of him.

I could no longer carry that 5000 yr old burden and i have never felt more at peace after letting that curse go. Spare your brilliant children the pain of having to digest all that has happened over 5000 years and justify it with ‘his benevolent, all caring, all knowing, uncomprehensible love”  They will be in and out of the psychiatrists office foaming at the mouth.

3 religions have this curse and take a moment to view the inevitable future if the current beliefs are held:  “thou shalt not have any other gods before me”  right there is the future. All three sing that song which means that each one will not rest untill the other two are no longer there. Lots of love and hugs and celebrations to be had along that road. And then imagine if we last 4 billion yrs i would love to be with the last icon standing as the sun frys the very ground he stands on to a crisp and i’ll ask him “so, who’s land is this again?”

Andrew

Andrew
Total Posts:  8526
Joined  15-06-2006

13 July 2010 09:11

ray stasionis - 13 July 2010 12:20 AM

The old testament ends with this warning (i believe as a writer that the writer back then saw amongst his own people an issue which is still applicable today and so he wrote) “return the children to the fathers and the fathers to the children or else i shall smite the earth with a curse”

(Andrew):  For what it’s worth, when Christians compiled their own Bible and tacked it on to the end of what they arrogantly call the “Old Testament”, they restructured the Jewish Bible.  One thing they did was shift Malachi (who you quote)—a minor prophet—to the end, just so that verse (and the several preceding) would appear to flow into the Christ myth.

[ Edited: 13 July 2010 09:44 by Andrew]

ray stasionis

ray stasionis
Total Posts:  10
Joined  26-07-2009

27 September 2010 17:34

oh well, there goes my theory. do you know how the jewish bible ended originally?  i’m interested to find out.

Andrew

Andrew
Total Posts:  8526
Joined  15-06-2006

27 September 2010 17:58

ray stasionis - 27 September 2010 03:34 PM

oh well, there goes my theory. do you know how the jewish bible ended originally?  i’m interested to find out.

(Andrew):  With Chronicles..for some reason. 
The Tanach

< 1 2 3