1 2 > 

Jews are idoltarers

twillight

twillight
Total Posts:  16
Joined  18-03-2010

12 September 2010 17:52

The idol of the jews is the Ark of the Covenant.

Just think upon it. They think that is the direct place where their god lives. That is humanmade. So that is an idol.
Remember no idol was ever any god itself. Just a direct link to the specific god.
Therefor the Ark of the Covenant is an idol.
Therefor all jew is idoltarer.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  5496
Joined  22-02-2005

12 September 2010 18:03

You have made a ridiculous generalization. Judaism evolved into a hundred forms and all Jews are born atheists.
Jehovah grew up and no longer needs his box. He just buries It.

These are foolish thoughts.

Andrew

Andrew
Total Posts:  8526
Joined  15-06-2006

12 September 2010 20:11

twillight - 12 September 2010 03:52 PM

Just think upon it. They think that is the direct place where their god lives. That is humanmade.

(Andrew):  But made on the order of—and following specific instructions from—God, Himself.

(Andrew):  Not even a nice try.  The Ark of the Covenant isn’t mentioned in Jewish scripture since the Exile.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  19402
Joined  11-03-2007

13 September 2010 01:52

Just think upon it. They think that is the direct place where their god lives. That is humanmade. So that is an idol.
Remember no idol was ever any god itself. Just a direct link to the specific god.

Let’s see, you don’t like Jews, you don’t like America (from your avatar, you want it to die, it seems), you are overly concerned about idolatry (even though the ark hasn’t been around for a long time) and you have poor English grammar. Muslim?

[ Edited: 13 September 2010 01:55 by EN]

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15829
Joined  15-02-2008

13 September 2010 06:18

Ecurb Noselrub - 12 September 2010 11:52 PM

Let’s see, you don’t like Jews, you don’t like America (from your avatar, you want it to die, it seems), you are overly concerned about idolatry (even though the ark hasn’t been around for a long time) and you have poor English grammar. Muslim?

I thought you were a lawyer not a detective smile

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

13 September 2010 11:40

GAD - 13 September 2010 04:18 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, the great Sherlock Holmes.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 September 2010 18:10

W. Collins - 13 September 2010 09:40 AM
GAD - 13 September 2010 04:18 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, the great Sherlock Holmes.

I just follow the evidence and make whatever leaps of logic appeal to me at any given moment. If you can jump far enough, you can avoid all the little puddles that are always muddying up peoples’ shoes.

twillight

twillight
Total Posts:  16
Joined  18-03-2010

14 September 2010 19:08

Wow, I got it now! Ouch, it hurts!

LOL in your face people.

1) So ok, MAYBE I should have use in the title past tense. Oh well. I’m not politically correct.
2) “You have made a ridiculous generalization.” - Come on! This is a theological topic you morons! When I said “jews” I of course never even thought about every single individual who don’t even practice their supposed religion! That’s about generalisation.
Man, what’s next? It’d be “ridiculous generalisation” to say christians believe in a triune god (as there are unitarians, ehm).
3) “Judaism evolved into a hundred forms” - who cares???? They still use the same books as base, just like the hundred thousand denominations of christians still all use the Bible and accept the Bible as authority.
4) “Jehovah grew up and no longer needs his box.” - could you point this out in scripture please? (It wouldn’t deny the fact that they at least once were idoltarers (what you accepted with this sentence), but at least would save the ass of the current ones.)
5) “But made on the order of—and following specific instructions from—God, Himself.” - and? Just one more contradiction on the long list.
6) “The Ark of the Covenant isn’t mentioned in Jewish scripture since the Exile.” - Uhm, exactly WHICH Exile? The AoC wasn’t even built at the first exile (during the Egyptian Captivity). And I very much doubt they never printed a Tanach or similar since then… Or gave the tradition to the next generation…
7) This will be my favourite, especially as it comes from “Reason”:
“Let’s see, you don’t like Jews, you don’t like America (from your avatar, you want it to die, it seems), you are overly concerned about idolatry (even though the ark hasn’t been around for a long time) and you have poor English grammar. Muslim?”
So many things! Let’s list them:
- So I hate jews because I’ve found a new(?) loop in their theology. Fantastic!
- I don’t like ... uhm, America? You mean the continents? Well, most probably you refer to the USA (what is NOT America, just like Earth is not the Center of the Universe). So I hate the USA because my avatar has a joke in it criticising a type of political behaviour in GENERAL? WOW! I bet on the same base I hate Howard Philips Lovecraft too (for having a fictional character of him at the same avatar), or maybe I’m suggesting bioterrorism against the USA or something like that! Wow, I’ve never thought on that, but now that you say…..
How does this connects to this topic anyway?
- Uhm, I mentioned 1 time idoltary, therefor I’m obsessed with it. Ok, then you’re obsessed with the jews. Therefor you must be nazi, right?
- Wow, my grammar! The only mistake I see is in the post in question (and it isn’t even pointed out by the spellchecking) that in the last sentence I used a single proverb instead of plural. You are so much better with ca. the same length and at least 2 grammatical mistake! Also this argument so much reasons out my thought, I’ll go and pray to Satan for an hour at least xD

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

14 September 2010 19:31

Well, that was a nice rant. I think the point in the responses as a whole is that the Jews don’t think nearly as much about the ark as you seem to indicate.  You can’t make the generalization that they are idolaters when they do not worship a box, contrary to your assertions.

Andrew

Andrew
Joined  15-06-2006

14 September 2010 20:56

twillight - 14 September 2010 05:08 PM

Uhm, exactly WHICH Exile?

(Andrew):  The Babylonian Exile.  The Ark of the Covenant got a lot of mention in Jewish scripture prior to the Exile…none at all afterward.  Not a word.  The Ark of the Convenant hasn’t been a part of Jewish tradition since the 500’s BCE, so they can hardly be accused of idolatry on that account.

santhosh

santhosh
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  01-06-2011

14 September 2010 21:40

Curious that the OP accused the Jews of idolatry because of the Ark instead of their worship of a god.

Smells like idolatry to me.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  8603
Joined  20-10-2006

15 September 2010 22:41

What’s so bad about idolatry?  It makes no difference to pray to a box, a crucifix, a totem, or an invisible god in the sky, the intent is still the same - hope to get what you want.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15829
Joined  15-02-2008

15 September 2010 23:01

Skipshot - 15 September 2010 08:41 PM

What’s so bad about idolatry?  It makes no difference to pray to a box, a crucifix, a totem, or an invisible god in the sky, the intent is still the same - hope to get what you want.

Because the self proclaimed one true god religions claim that it is, idolatry is for false gods.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Total Posts:  5591
Joined  27-09-2006

24 September 2010 14:40

I think you misspelled it. The word is “idolaterror”. Also, don’t spell it “twillight”; spell it “twitlight”.

twillight - 14 September 2010 05:08 PM

- Wow, my grammar!

Oh, wow, maan. It ain’t your grammar or spelling. It’s about your diction. It’s like Ebonics for white folk.

[ Edited: 24 September 2010 14:47 by Traces Elk]

Andrew

Andrew
Joined  15-06-2006

24 September 2010 14:43

Traces Elk - 24 September 2010 12:40 PM

It’s about your diction.

(Andrew):  Please…watch your language.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Total Posts:  5591
Joined  27-09-2006

24 September 2010 14:54

Andrew - 24 September 2010 12:43 PM
Traces Elk - 24 September 2010 12:40 PM

It’s about your diction.

(Andrew):  Please…watch your language.

I’m calling “eastern european, possibly Balkan, ESL” or “Poe”. Possibly living in London. Thus, pressure to learn Engrish.

[ Edited: 24 September 2010 14:56 by Traces Elk]

1 2 >