Hasidic Jews Consider Hilary Too Hot to Handle

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5537
Joined  05-04-2006

09 May 2011 14:38

...at least that’s how I assume the NY Post would headline a story about how Hasidic newspaper edits Hillary out of Situation Room photo becaue “the religious paper never publishes pictures of women, as they could be considered ‘sexually suggestive’.”

As always, the most important thing is that men need to be protected from those foul temptresses.  Unless you’re one of those wacky types who think men should be responsible for their own behavior, which is clearly ridiculous.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15649
Joined  15-02-2008

09 May 2011 14:59

Why does this surprise me? Such madness shouldn’t anymore, but fuck!

Billy Shears

Billy Shears
Total Posts:  2734
Joined  09-10-2006

09 May 2011 18:23

Well I guess Muslims aren’t the only ones living in the 7th century.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15649
Joined  15-02-2008

09 May 2011 18:33

Billy Shears - 09 May 2011 04:23 PM

Well I guess Muslims aren’t the only ones living in the 7th century.

Indeed!

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5537
Joined  05-04-2006

09 May 2011 19:02

I just thought this story was a nice little example of the absurdities that arise when true believers try to maintain the tenets of ancient dogmas in the modern world.  Using a modern software program to help obey a Bronze-Age moral ethos.  Just nutty.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  19117
Joined  11-03-2007

10 May 2011 10:26

Yet they turn it into the idea of upholding a woman’s dignity.  I guess you really can spin anything.  But it really is hilarious. Yuck, yuck.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

10 May 2011 10:55

And in this particular religious community they no doubt find nothing odd about editing out women. It doesn’t seem to matter which religion it is, Christianity, Judaism or Islam, the nuttiness flowing from religion oozes out in one way or another. That tells us something about religion in general. But those infected with religion can’t see it. It’s like a girl with anorexia who looks in the mirrior and sees a girl of normal weight.  Even though she is near death, with the skin hanging from her bones, she cannot see the truth.

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3145
Joined  26-01-2010

27 June 2011 04:47

Die fröhliche Wissenschaft - 10 May 2011 08:55 AM

And in this particular religious community they no doubt find nothing odd about editing out women. It doesn’t seem to matter which religion it is, Christianity, Judaism or Islam, the nuttiness flowing from religion oozes out in one way or another. That tells us something about religion in general. But those infected with religion can’t see it. It’s like a girl with anorexia who looks in the mirrior and sees a girl of normal weight.  Even though she is near death, with the skin hanging from her bones, she cannot see the truth.

Hey, Rob, I dig the new handle!

Your reply shows that religion isn’t the only kind of human belief system in which insanity oozes out. For that I’m relieved.

With that observation, I’ll propose yet another sideways bit of heresy: Some of those who were “prophets” recorded in scripture may have been the more rational and empirically-oriented of their societies. In order to get their compadres to accept any kind of suggestions for improved well-being, they had to couch it in terms of the already accepted body of misinterpretation.

I’ve concluded several other posts I’ve made tonight with this one. I’ve been holding on to the set for months, most recenlty avoiding any posting because my mind has been entirely occupied twiddling bits. My client ran out of money for the job last week, so I’m again in need of another outlet for my addiction.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

27 June 2011 06:07

Poldano - 27 June 2011 02:47 AM
Die fröhliche Wissenschaft - 10 May 2011 08:55 AM

Hey, Rob, I dig the new handle!

Your reply shows that religion isn’t the only kind of human belief system in which insanity oozes out. For that I’m relieved.

With that observation, I’ll propose yet another sideways bit of heresy: Some of those who were “prophets” recorded in scripture may have been the more rational and empirically-oriented of their societies. In order to get their compadres to accept any kind of suggestions for improved well-being, they had to couch it in terms of the already accepted body of misinterpretation.

I’ve concluded several other posts I’ve made tonight with this one. I’ve been holding on to the set for months, most recenlty avoiding any posting because my mind has been entirely occupied twiddling bits. My client ran out of money for the job last week, so I’m again in need of another outlet for my addiction.

Hi, Poldano. Nice to see you back.

I changed my nsme in response to someone’s post about boring names - can’t remember who it was now. Saralynn changed her’s to ‘Sigh’ but soon went back to Saralynn. I’m sticking with mine. Love the sound of it when you say it out loud , love the meaning - ‘The Joyful Wisdom’ or `La gaya scienza’- and being a Neitzsche fan, well,  the name seems perfect.

You may well be right about those old ‘profits’ and their tactics. They couched their language in terms that resonated with folks at that time and place.

Now that you’ve done “twiddling” your “bits” I hope we’ll hear more from you.

Cheers

Rob

(I don’t expect people who know me as Rob to call me by my new Kraut name. Rob is still fine or DFW if they like.

shlomit7

shlomit7
Total Posts:  9
Joined  17-06-2011

24 July 2011 21:34

The religios “news” papers in israel are mostly lies, so i wouldnt really count on them if you want to see how orthodox jews think…