Does God have a penis?

starcrwzr

starcrwzr
Total Posts:  1
Joined  31-08-2011

31 August 2011 12:16

This train of thought popped in to my head this morning on the commute to work, not really too sure why, but I found it interesting and it raises a whole bunch of questions.  I hope no one finds it offensive.

If man was created in the image of God, does God have a penis?  What does he use it for?  Are there Goddesses?  If there are Goddesses, why don’t Christians worship them as well?  If God does have a penis, and he uses it for the same thing men do, then that implies that God has a mother and father, where are they?  If he uses it to urinate, what does he eat or drink?  And on, and on, and on.

This rambled through my head all the way to work and I chuckled the whole way.

[ Edited: 16 December 2011 03:20 by Nhoj Morley]

rabbit
Total Posts:  413
Joined  05-06-2005

31 August 2011 12:24

Hee, hee!  Love it!  Thank Goddess SOMEONE here has a sense of humor!!!  wink

Oh, the possibilities…*sigh*

Holla back when we get around to titties, lol!

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  17
Joined  01-10-2010

18 September 2011 13:38

I wonder if you would get a different reply from a Rabbi than a Catholic Priest or an Imam , it might be an interesting exercise .
What if they said no penis , in that case would god the father still be the father , what would define his gender in that case ?

frankr
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  19-02-2006

04 November 2011 06:05

Of course you would get a different answer from a Rabbi, a Catholic Priest and an Imam. The Rabbi and Imam believe God isa Spiritual being and he would not have a penis. A catholic believes in the the incarnation (God becoming man). The Catholic teaching is that what we say about Christ we can say about God. This doctrine is known as the communications of Idioms. So we can say that Mary is the Theotokos (mother of God) and we can say that God has a penis although why we would say that I don’t know. However it is not because we are made in his image. Gods image in man is our ability to know and choose right from wrong. So all Abrahamic religions believe that we are made in God’s image but only some Christians would assert that God had genitalia. Were you really asking a question or just trying to make a penis joke? I get confused.

Are the old timers still here? Homunculus, Ted Shepherd Salt Creek The Champion. It ahs been a while

Andrew
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  15-06-2006

06 November 2011 03:05

frankr - 04 November 2011 10:05 AM

Are the old timers still here? Homunculus, Ted Shepherd Salt Creek The Champion. It ahs been a while

(Andrew):  Hi frankr—it has been a while. Tthose you mention are no longer posting, but you may recognize some names at the ProjectReason forum.  We all sort of moved there a couple of years ago.

frankr
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  19-02-2006

06 November 2011 06:42

Andrew Thanks. Good to here from you. I signed up over at the Reason Project but alas my name has been taken. Instead I am using the name I Like Snacks. It really is the summation of my philosophy. See you there. Everyone over there seems very reasonable

Ray Man
Total Posts:  12
Joined  26-08-2011

13 November 2012 11:57

I don’t believe in god or the Phallus Dei, but I do believe in a goddess. her name is Kate Upton.

agerweb
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-07-2012

13 November 2012 14:29

A whimsical question - but the answer is moot as there is no logical or plausible argument that can be made to suggest that the creator of the universe would be male.

Ice Monkey

Ice Monkey
Total Posts:  140
Joined  11-08-2012

22 December 2012 18:59

No, because he doesn’t exist.  However, he is portrayed as a prick in both song and story, (overcompensating for a small member?).  In the original stories, he had a wife, whom was later killed off.  The answer died with her.

NewShoe
Total Posts:  48
Joined  26-01-2013

28 January 2013 14:31

Curiously it seems people of religious faith have declined to answer this question either way.

enegue
Total Posts:  28
Joined  26-01-2013

01 February 2013 17:00

NewShoe - 28 January 2013 02:31 PM

Curiously it seems people of religious faith have declined to answer this question either way.

LOL. You must be a person of religious faith also, because you didn’t answer the question, either way.

Cheers,
enegue

NewShoe
Total Posts:  48
Joined  26-01-2013

05 February 2013 15:37

I guess it must not exist, if god does not exist.

gsmonks
Total Posts:  126
Joined  12-05-2009

19 February 2013 02:48

A recent development is that God was recently unearthed as a stone statue. Didn’t see his willy, but he was definitely male, and he had a wiffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJX44aeMhM

GreenInferno

GreenInferno
Total Posts:  68
Joined  20-09-2012

29 April 2013 05:38

And further still: who would have taken a razor to it, just as he prescribes (to some)?

gsmonks
Total Posts:  126
Joined  12-05-2009

29 April 2013 10:45

Yes, God has a penis. After all, he’s the biggest dink in the universe.

Charwiz
Total Posts:  89
Joined  11-04-2013

02 May 2013 21:44

starcrwzr - 31 August 2011 12:16 PM

This train of thought popped in to my head this morning on the commute to work, not really too sure why, but I found it interesting and it raises a whole bunch of questions.  I hope no one finds it offensive.

If man was created in the image of God, does God have a penis?  What does he use it for?  Are there Goddesses?  If there are Goddesses, why don’t Christians worship them as well?  If God does have a penis, and he uses it for the same thing men do, then that implies that God has a mother and father, where are they?  If he uses it to urinate, what does he eat or drink?  And on, and on, and on.

This rambled through my head all the way to work and I chuckled the whole way.

Well according to Mormon mythology God not only has a penis but a wife and we are all his literal children to include Satan and Jesus as brothers.

Charwiz