‹ First  < 46 47 48

Everything was created.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  7264
Joined  20-02-2006

07 February 2013 18:19

TheBrotherMario - 07 February 2013 03:51 PM

The Bible is discredited by persons who must discredit it because they are invested in it not being true, whether by their selfish lifestyles or the pride in their intellects.

Mario, I’m not invested in the Bible not being true.  When the Book of Numbers tells me that Moses’ army committed horrific war crimes, I can accept that it may be true.  Why?  Because today we see armies committing horrific war crimes.

If the Bible tells me that a baby was born without a biological father, or that a corpse came back life, I figure it’s not true.  Why?  Because there’s no known examples of that ever happening. 

When Mormons tell you about Joseph Smith finding a holy text on golden tablets, (or something like that), is it your selfish pride or the pride in your intellect that causes you to say their story isn’t true?  All day, every day, you are using your intellect to protect you from sham.  There’s a reason why this same intellect can’t protect you from Catholic sham.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  7264
Joined  20-02-2006

08 February 2013 18:04

unsmoked - 07 February 2013 05:19 PM

The Bible is discredited by persons who must discredit it because they are invested in it not being true, whether by their selfish lifestyles or the pride in their intellects.

Mario, I’m not invested in the Bible not being true.  When the Book of Numbers tells me that Moses’ army committed horrific war crimes, I can accept that it may be true.  Why?  Because today we see armies committing horrific war crimes.

If the Bible tells me that a baby was born without a biological father, or that a corpse came back life, I figure it’s not true.  Why?  Because there’s no known examples of that ever happening. 

When Mormons tell you about Joseph Smith finding a holy text on golden tablets, (or something like that), is it your selfish pride or the pride in your intellect that causes you to say their story isn’t true?  All day, every day, you are using your intellect to protect you from sham.  There’s a reason why this same intellect can’t protect you from Catholic sham.

“There’s a reason why this same intellect can’t protect you from Catholic sham . . . “

. . . and it’s the same reason the Mormon’s intellect can’t protect him from Mormon sham.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1719
Joined  05-06-2012

12 February 2013 13:59

unsmoked, atheists are born conspiracy theorists. They are skeptics who look at religion and claim that it is a sham propagated by “padres” who have a dubious agenda, like you have done above. You even went back to as far as Paul and connected the conspiracy to then.

So, for you to use such an analogy for my “story” has backfired on you.

My “story” is not the problem, but the mind of the atheist who hears the story.

When the atheist makes the leap of “faith” that God cannot possibly exist so every person who worships God is delusional and every religion is a sham, then that atheist will bend over backwards to find reasons why he is not delusional and a sham himself.

But, if God exists and is inspiring people to love and worship him, if Jesus did resurrect, if Paul did see Jesus on the road to Damascus, and on and on, then the atheist is gathering together one lie after the next and has become the enemy of God himself.

Did you ever ask yourself this simple question:

Why is it that the “Bible” has become the only book in human history that has been accused of being a complete fabrication?

Here’s an answer:

My story is plain and simple. The complications come when you, and persons like you, seek to discredit it or understand it according to some psychological explanation that puts me in the driver’s seat of the whole story.

In other words, my story must not include God in any way, shape, or form.

And, that would be a lie.

What?!  Have you ever been out of your house?  Perhaps you should visit a library.  There are millions upon millions of fictions in existence.  Some of them claim to be true.  Even you (in a rare moment of intellectual honesty) would have to admit to maintaining that every mythology, except the one you subscribe to, is essentially fictional.  Each one of them at some point in time was alleged to be true by somebody exactly like you.  Billions still maintain a different mythology from yours—which you find flawed.  You’re no different.

The key realization that most people here can make about “your story”, and to which you are hopelessly blind, is that it’s about you.  It’s not about god, or anything else.  It’s about you, your need to belong in some special class, your grandiosity, your experience, your alleged sacrifice and unique “knowledge,” etc.  You’re transparently self-obsessed.  You project and arrogate your own ego to supernatural heights, approve of your inflated, sky-dwelling self, and imagine your inflated, projected, imaginary buddy looking down and approving of your earthly self too.  It’s genuinely pathetic.  Therein find the “lie” that defines you.

‹ First  < 46 47 48