< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›

Science and “logic”

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

17 February 2013 17:34

Excuse me…he does so mention dark matter, and then immediately corrects himself and mentions “dark energy” as a “more interesting” argument that O’Reilly could have used. He even describes the manifestation of dark energy and giggles when he admits that physicists cannot understand it.

But he then absconds from considering an omnipotent God as an option behind dark energy when he foolishly asserts that the list of things physicists do not understand was longer many years ago, so it is a list that doesn’t matter. Bullshit. It matters, a lot.

He then engages in a faulty syllogism to support his trust in physics: i.e., physicists do not understand many things; physicists have come to understand some things that they once did not understand; therefore physicists will one day come to understand everything.

He is just another person with a limited mentality hell-bent upon a materialistic agenda no matter the cost or the honesty.

Physics is falling short when faced with the existence of dark energy.

So it is relevant to look at why physics is having this problem and what physics must do to resolve it.

I speak about the why and the what above.

Dr. Tyson speaks about the when, which is totally irrelevant…and more of a superstitious belief in science than anything else.

BigNose

BigNose
Total Posts:  489
Joined  20-10-2012

17 February 2013 19:00

INFORMATION UPDATE:

The Mario Fact Checker @ 17th February 2013:

#                    FACT                                                                                            Type
1) Mario asserts there is a god – knowledge from personal revelation.        Unverifiable
2) Mario only uses logical fallacies to support fact (1) above.                        Verified
3) Mario is a blatant liar.                                                                              Verified
4) Awaiting Data
5) Awaiting Data

Image Attachments

TheBrotherMario.jpg

Egross

Egross
Total Posts:  117
Joined  11-02-2013

17 February 2013 19:37

I am not certain why this continues, since Mario finally demonstrates that he does not believe in a god

If the purpose of believing a god is to live a moral life, of integrity and godliness,
And if one continues to demonstrate a lack of integrity and acts in an ungodly way
then obviously he doesn’t believe in a god.

Unlike the atheist whose moral compass is not based on the fear of punishment
but comes from a purer source
his humanity.

/fin

The Voice of Reason

The Voice of Reason
Total Posts:  109
Joined  09-01-2013

17 February 2013 22:15

Egross - 17 February 2013 06:37 PM

I am not certain why this continues, since Mario finally demonstrates that he does not believe in a god

Psychology tells us that the reason he keeps posting his nonsense is not to convince us of anything, but to reinforce his self-made delusions to himself.

Egross

Egross
Total Posts:  117
Joined  11-02-2013

18 February 2013 04:01

I can go with that. By the way, I like your Jesus Zombie reference!

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4744
Joined  19-08-2010

18 February 2013 04:50

BigNose - 17 February 2013 06:00 PM

INFORMATION UPDATE:

The Mario Fact Checker @ 17th February 2013:

#                    FACT                                                                                            Type
1) Mario asserts there is a god – knowledge from personal revelation.        Unverifiable
2) Mario only uses logical fallacies to support fact (1) above.                        Verified
3) Mario is a blatant liar.                                                                              Verified
4) Awaiting Data
5) Awaiting Data

Is Mario making shit up again… seems all bets are off concerning a display of sentience then. Guess I owe you a dollar Nhoj…

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

18 February 2013 11:31

Huh…

I thought we were discussing Dr. Tyson and his take on dark energy, and the combining of science and metaphysics…and the inability for atheists to overcome their personalities and look at the data openly.

Well…

Since not one poster was even capable of going to the link I provided and reporting back the TRUTH about Dr. Tyson, and one poster actually went to the link and posted Dr. Tyson’s words following his dark energy comment, I guess we can put the atheist personality thing to rest. It’s a reality.

And, since not one poster, NOT ONE POSTER, was able to logically entertain the concept of an infinite power producing an infinite push of energy, I guess we can put the atheism-based-on-better-thinking to rest, also. It ain’t a reality.

And, since all the recent posts above went to left field, “Mario is not sentient” or “Mario is not a believer in God”, type of scenarios, I guess we can put to rest any semblance of a rational debate about “science and logic” coming together through a nod to metaphysics. It can’t be had here.

Every response, from first to last, shows more about the mentality and the ability of the atheists at PR than anything else.

No wonder this website keeps attracting the type of people its mission statement sought to avoid.

Even Sam Harris won’t show up.

You people are an insignificant group of poor thinkers and silly personalities who, when faced with valid arguments surrounding the existence of God, abscond behind each other, witless humor, atheist cliches, and self-serving deformations of religion and “theists”.

Pathetic.

[ Edited: 18 February 2013 11:34 by TheBrotherMario]

The Voice of Reason

The Voice of Reason
Joined  09-01-2013

18 February 2013 11:49

TheBrotherMario - 18 February 2013 10:31 AM

You people are an insignificant group of poor thinkers and silly personalities who, when faced with valid arguments surrounding the existence of God…

Whoa, wait a sec - did someone post a valid argument as to the existence of god?  When?  Where?  Please link it or quote it !

NL.

NL.
Total Posts:  5458
Joined  09-11-2012

18 February 2013 12:20

Mario, yesterday I was musing that I tend to think in terms of intentions, less so than literal words spoken. This is probably a weakness on my part, it doesn’t serve well to be very biased in either direction (intent or literal meaning.) Even so, I think this is why I have a soft spot for you. Sometimes, your intention seems downright nasty, don’t get me wrong. But sometimes I think you really want to help people. Granted, a fervent desire to help paired with dangerous ideas can be one of the most dangerous things in the world. But I’ve never seen you promote anything outright harmful, I don’t think you’d haul people off to the Gulag if you could.

I see a lot of people argue with you here. Sometimes I think the intent is to be helpful, sometimes I think it’s to curb dangerous ideas - but sometimes I think it’s simply to bully, because you’re in an easily bullied position, to shoot another person down or be ‘right’. I actually don’t care a lot if said person is right in that particular situation, to me, they’ve still lost in some sense. Although I take full responsibility that this may simply be a personal failing of mine, cold hard logic might not be my “thing”.

Anyways. I guess my question for you is - what, ultimately do you want when it comes to persuading other people in the direction of God and Christ? I mean, the more literal answer would be to help people believe in God and Christ, I get that, and we simply disagree here. But I guess my question (and here I’m trying to figure out if my earlier assessment of you is correct or incorrect,) is why you want to do that. What do you think the result would be for an atheist upon accepting the things you’ve accepted? For the world? Etc.

The Voice of Reason

The Voice of Reason
Joined  09-01-2013

18 February 2013 14:37

NicLynn - 18 February 2013 11:20 AM

Mario, yesterday I was musing that I tend to think in terms of intentions, less so than literal words spoken. This is probably a weakness on my part, it doesn’t serve well to be very biased in either direction (intent or literal meaning.) Even so, I think this is why I have a soft spot for you. Sometimes, your intention seems downright nasty, don’t get me wrong. But sometimes I think you really want to help people. Granted, a fervent desire to help paired with dangerous ideas can be one of the most dangerous things in the world. But I’ve never seen you promote anything outright harmful, I don’t think you’d haul people off to the Gulag if you could.

I see a lot of people argue with you here. Sometimes I think the intent is to be helpful, sometimes I think it’s to curb dangerous ideas - but sometimes I think it’s simply to bully, because you’re in an easily bullied position, to shoot another person down or be ‘right’. I actually don’t care a lot if said person is right in that particular situation, to me, they’ve still lost in some sense. Although I take full responsibility that this may simply be a personal failing of mine, cold hard logic might not be my “thing”.

Anyways. I guess my question for you is - what, ultimately do you want when it comes to persuading other people in the direction of God and Christ? I mean, the more literal answer would be to help people believe in God and Christ, I get that, and we simply disagree here. But I guess my question (and here I’m trying to figure out if my earlier assessment of you is correct or incorrect,) is why you want to do that. What do you think the result would be for an atheist upon accepting the things you’ve accepted? For the world? Etc.

Guys like Mario post to internet message boards for a few reasons.

1. They think it affects ... something.  Problem is, forums like this have such low populations, nothing posted here really affects anything outside the forum.  Many of these posters either don’t understand google, or think its more powerful than it really is.  Truth is, no one will read Marios words here except members of this forum.

2. They post just to cling to their realities.  This is, in my opinion, the primary reason why Mario posts here.  Since belief in a god has been so thoroughly debunked, in this forum especially, Mario is basically an atheist now.  But like all believers, he simply won’t accept it.  By posting his utter nonsense here, he is really just trying to patch up his own, crumbling ideology.

3. They are paid disruptors.  Yes, its a real thing, you can google it.  Although rare, its becoming more popular.  Groups will hire (as in, actually pay money to) people, who are instructed to go to specific forums, blogs, chat groups, etc. and be disruptive, or challenge the ideas presented with lies and deceptions.  People who seem to never, EVER move their positions, on ANYTHING, no matter HOW BADLY they get beaten in an online argument, are candidates as paid disruptors.

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14438
Joined  24-12-2004

18 February 2013 14:42

The Voice of Reason - 18 February 2013 01:37 PM

1. They think it affects ... something.  Problem is, forums like this have such low populations, nothing posted here really affects anything outside the forum.

Whaddyamean!?

At least 14 people or so see most of the stuff posted in here!

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  6077
Joined  15-02-2007

18 February 2013 15:09

SkepticX - 18 February 2013 01:42 PM

1. They think it affects ... something.  Problem is, forums like this have such low populations, nothing posted here really affects anything outside the forum.

Whaddyamean!?

At least 14 people or so see most of the stuff posted in here!

Right inside the ballpark.

NL.

NL.
Total Posts:  5458
Joined  09-11-2012

18 February 2013 15:26

1. They think it affects ... something.  Problem is, forums like this have such low populations, nothing posted here really affects anything outside the forum.  Many of these posters either don’t understand google, or think its more powerful than it really is.  Truth is, no one will read Marios words here except members of this forum.

2. They post just to cling to their realities.  This is, in my opinion, the primary reason why Mario posts here.  Since belief in a god has been so thoroughly debunked, in this forum especially, Mario is basically an atheist now.  But like all believers, he simply won’t accept it.  By posting his utter nonsense here, he is really just trying to patch up his own, crumbling ideology.

3. They are paid disruptors.  Yes, its a real thing, you can google it.  Although rare, its becoming more popular.  Groups will hire (as in, actually pay money to) people, who are instructed to go to specific forums, blogs, chat groups, etc. and be disruptive, or challenge the ideas presented with lies and deceptions.  People who seem to never, EVER move their positions, on ANYTHING, no matter HOW BADLY they get beaten in an online argument, are candidates as paid disruptors.

Thanks for the response, VOR. Interesting ideas, although not quite what I was getting at. If a believer had a friend named “Ed”, and other people said “I don’t believe you have a friend named Ed, Ed is fictional!” - well, they might look at us as if we are nuts, but I doubt they’d care. “Ok, fine. You don’t think Ed is real. Weirdo.” Conversation over.

But this is not the case with God. Not only do believers believe in God, it is often really, really important to them that other people believe in God as well, that they can influence others in this direction. And this is where I suspect (but am waiting to see,) I might agree with Mario on some things - in terms of the positive things we want for the world. If it’s that important, he must think the benefits to other people would be extraordinary. Granted, Mario, if you respond with “I want you to believe to prove that I’m right and you’re idiots!” I’ll have to retract that idea. But I really don’t think that’s what drives you, or at least I suspect it’s not - at least in part. Just curious. Why do you want to convince others of God? What would the result be if you were successful?

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

18 February 2013 20:09

Nic, you’re way off.

Read the complete thread.

Read the pathetic squirming of the atheist personalities as they refuse to ponder simple ideas about the existence of God.

Read how, even now after being given the proper link, not one of these personalities can get themselves to post the truth about what Dr. Tyson said.

Read how these personalities resort to ad hominem attacks on me to soothe their wounded minds when the logic of my post invade their psyches.

Read how my posts, including this one, are simple observations of the personalities above, and not some mean-spirited diatribes.

I have no desire to change anyone, or make people religious, or some other silly thing.

I post the truth as I have learned it through experience, study, and the spirit of the living God.

I expect this truth to be denied by all those who value mere personal opinion over it.

Besides, a fool may act all big and bad on the outside, but I know just how messed up they get inside whenever the truth is placed before them. And, it is on the inside people change, even despite themselves.

I have been here for years and I can see many posters, including myself, much different than they were when they first arrived. I see a Bruce who has again taken up the fight for God, a Rob who was violently anti-religious but now seems to have lost much of his negativity, a saralynn who sees atheism for the opinionated ugliness it can be, a Dennis who now posts more in his field of psychology than as an atheist, and others who have changed.

And, I see the hatred and misunderstanding surrounding religion simmering down.

I see these things because I see the spirit of God working.

Therefore, I could care less what the idiot posters above write or think.

God is on my side. The truth is on my side. Who or what could I possibly fear?

I know God exists because God has given me this knowledge himself.

No skeptic can take away what God has given. But they do look stupid trying.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19785
Joined  20-07-2007

18 February 2013 20:19

Therefore, I could care less what the idiot posters above write or think.

God is on my side. The truth is on my side. Who or what could I possibly fear?

I know God exists because God has given me this knowledge himself.

No skeptic can take away what God has given. But they do look stupid trying.

What every religious fanatic says as he’s chopping off your head.  It is perhaps a form of psychosis.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›