‹ First  < 35 36 37 38 39 >  Last ›

Brother Mario

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  14-08-2008

25 September 2017 18:20

Try again:

1 Weren’t a good many of the people “fully alive” and exhibiting talent, effort, and sacrifice, before your god destroyed their houses in a hurricane?
2) Who was “fully caring” for them prior to the hurricanes?
3) And what are the chances that all the people clustered in one specific area needed to suffer?
4)  If YOUR house - which you say you have worked hard for - was suddenly destroyed in a natural disaster next week, would you take it as a message from your god that you weren’t fully alive and exhibiting effort and sacrifice? 

Ron

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Total Posts:  434
Joined  26-02-2017

25 September 2017 20:37

Your comprehension is limited. I imagine that is why you repeat questions in your head that make sense to only you.

I never wrote a single word about how becoming fully alive shields a person from suffering.

I wrote the opposite, because to become fully alive it takes a courageous acceptance of everything that comes our way.

You’re still whining.

And if you think I need to be educated about God by you, then you should share with me why you are someone a Catholic mystic with two college degrees and 64 years of living needs to hear speak.

What exactly is it about you that has given to you the answers to the truth about God and suffering and some other deep reality?

Let me answer for you:

“There are no deep realities only what we see.”

Don’t ask your questions again, unless you need to keep whining like a little bitch.

You simply haven’t been given the gifts needed to pull your head out of your ass.

If you had them, you would have actually read my posts instead of fast forwarding to your empty opinions, which amount to nothing more than talking points you’ve heard from other little bitches like yourself.

God has given to us everything good and true.

And that we are now hard at work until this goodness and truth is all there is makes perfect sense to the humble person who awaits the fulfillment of this work.

[ Edited: 10 October 2017 17:17 by Brother Mario]

MrRon

MrRon
Joined  14-08-2008

26 September 2017 03:26

You’re a silly person.

Ron

burt

burt
Total Posts:  14659
Joined  17-12-2006

26 September 2017 08:16
Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

26 September 2017 10:48

Knows “what”, burt?

That all revelations of God have a common source? Yes. But that all revelations of God are not equal? No.

That to read and meditate are good actions to become a spiritual person? Yes. But to experience and know is only given directly by God through his actions? No.

Idres Shah’s fruit reveals the tree he is. And this fruit is rather paltry compared to that of another far greater teacher.

So why do you not judge these trees by their fruit?

Because it is far more difficult to follow the greater teacher than the lesser one, that is why.

Reach into your pockets, your heart, your selfishness, your deepest self, and pull out that part of you stuck in your comfortable thoughts lazily filling your intellect, for only then will you live the spirituality you claim to possess. There is no easy path to knowing the truth, and much grief and hard work when we arrive at it.

There is a much greater tree than Idres Shah here before you. But it takes far more than a Google search to find the fruit hanging so high up on it.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

26 September 2017 15:59

Brother Mario - 26 September 2017 10:48 AM

Knows “what”, burt?

That all revelations of God have a common source? Yes. But that all revelations of God are not equal? No.

That to read and meditate are good actions to become a spiritual person? Yes. But to experience and know is only given directly by God through his actions? No.

Idres Shah’s fruit reveals the tree he is. And this fruit is rather paltry compared to that of another far greater teacher.

So why do you not judge these trees by their fruit?

Because it is far more difficult to follow the greater teacher than the lesser one, that is why.

Reach into your pockets, your heart, your selfishness, your deepest self, and pull out that part of you stuck in your comfortable thoughts lazily filling your intellect, for only then will you live the spirituality you claim to possess. There is no easy path to knowing the truth, and much grief and hard work when we arrive at it.

There is a much greater tree than Idres Shah here before you. But it takes far more than a Google search to find the fruit hanging so high up on it.

I knew this is what you would reply, even though if you had not read only through a glass darkly you would have understood, and would not have belittled yourself in trying to belittle another.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

26 September 2017 17:06

You knew because the Holy Spirit, the true teacher, is struggling to break through your pride disguised as its opposite.

And I belittled no one.

I simply pointed out to you the fruit on the higher branches of the much taller tree.

Why have you never learned that the path is narrow and the way is hard?

The rare pearl of great value, burt ... the rare pearl.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

26 September 2017 21:40

Brother Mario - 26 September 2017 05:06 PM

You knew because the Holy Spirit, the true teacher, is struggling to break through your pride disguised as its opposite.

And I belittled no one.

I simply pointed out to you the fruit on the higher branches of the much taller tree.

Why have you never learned that the path is narrow and the way is hard?

The rare pearl of great value, burt ... the rare pearl.

You use the words, but lack the understanding. For example, you haven’t a clue what that pearl really represents. Clue, not this: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp?lang=eng

An irritating speck inside a shell
Is woven in a potent magic spell.
Caught up in the whirl
Of making a pearl,
We spin around upon that carousel.

[ Edited: 26 September 2017 21:42 by burt]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

27 September 2017 05:12

So now you’re educating me on the Lord I know and love with a Mormon interpretation you disagree with and a poem that stirs your intellect ... both Google searches.

What I “understand” is the difference between a person who intellectually thinks himself wise and a person who sacrifically has become wise.

Take another plane ride to experience another culture, for that is the measure of your wisdom.

I’ll stay put and let the spirit guide me along wherever I find myself, for the Pearl of great price is living in spirit and truth.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

27 September 2017 08:06

Brother Mario - 27 September 2017 05:12 AM

So now you’re educating me on the Lord I know and love with a Mormon interpretation you disagree with and a poem that stirs your intellect ... both Google searches.

What I “understand” is the difference between a person who intellectually thinks himself wise and a person who sacrifically has become wise.

Take another plane ride to experience another culture, for that is the measure of your wisdom.

I’ll stay put and let the spirit guide me along wherever I find myself, for the Pearl of great price is living in spirit and truth.

Well, you can comfort yourself and try to hide you feelings of inferiority all you want as far as I care. I’ll enjoy the Kingdom. BTW, that limerick wasn’t from a google search.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

27 September 2017 14:35

burt, I find very little comfort in listening to academics while knowing with absolute certitude that their conclusions about God are personal failures.

And to reason that my certitude about knowing and loving God needs your approval or I will feel inferior is retarded.

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

27 September 2017 20:45

Brother Mario - 27 September 2017 02:35 PM

burt, I find very little comfort in listening to academics while knowing with absolute certitude that their conclusions about God are personal failures.

And to reason that my certitude about knowing and loving God needs your approval or I will feel inferior is retarded.

You miss-read. But that’s always been the case. As has been jumping to conclusions and unsupported assumptions about others. So what’s new? Anyway, hope that your grandson has a great hockey season.

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

28 September 2017 05:20

This past year or two he got the growth spurt he needed. Maybe he’ll get as tall as you.

In his first non-league tournament he went 7-0 with 4 shutouts.

And he now has two legit offers from elite high schools.

BU hockey here we come!

I still know God with certitude from experience ... you reader, you.

[ Edited: 28 September 2017 15:30 by Brother Mario]

Brother Mario

Brother Mario
Joined  26-02-2017

10 October 2017 17:12

Well, I guess it’s time to drive back into Stupidtown ...

unsmoked is concerned and confused as to how an omnipotent loving God can exist when there is suffering on Earth ... and maybe on many planets, if Carl Sagan’s speculative mind is greater than the one in quadrillion chance of alien life.

Of course, unsmoked wasn’t concerned enough to read the great writings over the centuries that have answered his concern in the most profound words imaginable.

Nope. He was hoping for someone superficial like hannah to come along and write that believers self-hypnotize themselves. And she even had a story to back herself up. Great woman, this one. And great forum, too.

Let me state the obvious, even though most of you, like unsmoked and hannah, can’t really see past your own noses ...

The nature of our created and temporary universe, and therefore us human beings within it, is not the same thing as “The Nature of God”.

It is written that we are “away from the Lord”, which is a very good thing for us.

We have been given a great opportunity to become far more than whiny children asking for a comfy blanket, like unsmoked and Ron and most skeptics act.

We work and struggle to then rest and enjoy, just as we suffer and die to then receive glory and eternal life.

The price is small compared to the reward. And the price itself is a wondrous experience that shapes who we become and who we will be throughout our eternity.

The whole universe was created for the glory of God, not for the comfort of its creatures. And it is good to know this and to be grateful for this.

Why? Because the meaning to our life is to become fully alive, and in doing so to give the greatest glory to God possible in this physical universe.

In a word, we human beings are the first and foremost beings in creation.

Carl Sagan didn’t know this. Most skeptics don’t want to know this. So what? For just as his movie Contact was a mishmash mess of silly ideas and ultimately ended in Stupidtown, so will all of the writings of skeptics end up on the junkheap of human history.

There are no aliens on other planets. Not a single one.

And we suffer most futilely when we refuse to know and experience the profound beauty of becoming fully alive for the glory of God.

MrRon

MrRon
Joined  14-08-2008

11 October 2017 05:31

Brother Mario - 10 October 2017 05:12 PM

We have been given a great opportunity to become far more than whiny children asking for a comfy blanket, like unsmoked and Ron and most skeptics act.

It doesn’t surprise me that you’re blind to the fact that it’s actually people like yourself that seek the “comfy blanket” of a “Heaven”, and Big Daddy’s approval! If anything, skeptics are the exact opposite, accepting our fate in the unforgiving natural cosmos with no pretensions of any sort of “reward.”   

The whole universe was created for the glory of God, not for the comfort of its creatures.

Oh, so then he’s extremely selfish. Anyway, why does an omnipotent and omniscient being need “glory”? Sounds like a “whiny child” in need of a comfy blanket.

There are no aliens on other planets. Not a single one.

How do you know there are no aliens anywhere in the universe?

And I’ll pose to you the same question I asked in the other thread - is there anything that can happen in the world that is so egregious, so calamitous, so senseless, and so heart-wrenching that it would cause you to doubt the notion of an all-loving God? Anything at all? Use your imagination.

Ron

[ Edited: 11 October 2017 05:34 by MrRon]

‹ First  < 35 36 37 38 39 >  Last ›