PM formatting issue

Kalessin

Kalessin
Total Posts:  128
Joined  02-07-2017

25 September 2017 16:39

Hello

It’s not a bug but a highly counter-intuitive bit of structuring to the PM function which has just got me in trouble ...

I was trying to send a PM and everytime I clicked send, the fact that I had no sent messages and had used 0 of my 1000 allowable messages made me think I hadn’t sent it.  After about 5 or 6 goes (which probably means the recipient thinks I am spamming or trolling them) and even trying a different browser, I noticed the “Store a copy in the Sent messages folder?” checkbox which is unchecked by default. 

In addition, there was no ‘your message has beensent’ confirmation page or box.

I’m not a total tech idiot and having this unchecked by default (or even offering at as an option), and/or not having a confirmation message when a message is sent seems both unusual and counter-intuitive.  Obviously I know now, but if it’s an easy fix you might save a few people from the same problems I had with the simple act of having a confirmation message, the box checked by default or not being an option - people can always delete selected items from their sent folder if needed.

Just a thought smile
Kalessin

EN

EN
Total Posts:  19225
Joined  11-03-2007

25 September 2017 19:29

Agree, the PM system here is quite unsatisfactory for the reasons you state.

no_profundia

no_profundia
Total Posts:  363
Joined  14-07-2016

26 September 2017 19:40

I agree. I did the same thing the first time I sent a PM.