from The Daily Beast
* 67 percent of Republicans (and 40 percent of Americans overall) believe that Obama is a socialist.
The belief that Obama is a “domestic enemy” is widely held—a sign of trouble yet to come.
* 57 percent of Republicans (32 percent overall) believe that Obama is a Muslim
* 45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was “not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president”
* 38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is “doing many of the things that Hitler did”
* Scariest of all, 24 percent of Republicans (14 percent overall) say that Obama “may be the Antichrist.”
It has taken 213 years, but an American president has finally toppled the pope from his traditional position as the Anti-Christ.Go, Obama! If he is still doing faith-based programs, maybe Benedict can qualify as the False Prophet.
obama is a milquetoast when it comes to antichrists. i nominate cardinal ratzinger, the current papa of the rcc. but then again, antichrist isn’t a bad thing, is it? i’m antichrist; i don’t think i’m THE antichrist, but i am definitely anti-christ. whether he existed or not, his legend is deadly.
The anti-christ is in my family. She’s my cousin Christa and I’m slyly telling her nieces to call her Auntie Christ. So that should put an end to the nonsense about Obama being the anti-christ since there can be only one at a time.
It’s true. Obama drives an anti-Chrysler!
Obama is the very manifestation that we are at the end times. Catholics should rejoice that their life on earth would soon end and they will be called to heaven.
Honestly and seriously, the implications of such a thinking could be disastrous for all of us.
I thought Matt Yglesias’s post put minority beliefs about Obama in perspective. 21% of Americans believe in witches. Since that’s slightly greater than the percentage who believe Obama is a Muslim, there must be some Americans out there who believe in witches but think the notion that Obama is Muslim is a ridiculous, unfounded rumor. I personally find that hilarious.