Answerer - 09 October 2012 12:55 PM

Sick fucks!!!

That sums it up nicely!

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  8482
Joined  20-10-2006

09 October 2012 16:20

Dark Age cowards.  Drive-by shooting of a 14 year old girl at her school because they didn’t like what she stood for?  So I guess it’s OK to kill someone you don’t agree with?  The way to win that argument is to have more guns and dirtier tactics, but leave your holy book on the shelf.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

09 October 2012 17:27

It’s fucking sick!

And people ask why I’m so down on religion. Are they blind? Or just too fucking dumb to see?

And, please, don’t tell me this is not about religion.

[ Edited: 09 October 2012 17:30 by robbrownsyd]

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

09 October 2012 19:13

Die fröhliche Wissenschaft (Rob) - 09 October 2012 03:27 PM

When I heard the story on NPR this morning, the report also mentioned a stated reason by the Taliban was her secularist views. That’s a hard religious bullet to dodge, I think. No doubt we’re talking about a theocratic paradigm no matter how twisted the group think of the culture. The closer the movement towards secularism, the farther from fundamental religion one becomes [my theory anyway]. The foundation of these religions consisted of theocratic societies that is forever etched in religious text, no matter how much the human impetus for them is demonstrated. Some people change or water down their beliefs, others exercise more orthodoxy, but the ancient text remains to use as a standard for behavior motivated by belief, perhaps altered as one wills, but inescapably, primarily religious. The only consolation for the religious since “people are all not the same” [We get it!] is that there is good religion and bad religion dependent on good people and bad people. Yet, they are both spawned from the same source (eg, religion), and reduced to the ultimate common denominator - people. The question in my mind is, if they can get that far through the analysis, why bother with religion at all? By freeing themselves and taking direct responsibility for their actions, wouldn’t that open them up to saner more humane, compassionate and rational possibilities? Of course, education over ignorance is a key factor too.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5534
Joined  05-04-2006

09 October 2012 21:17

The shooter couldn’t tell which girl was the one he was supposed to target—so to be sure, he shot them both.

That tells you all you need to know about how the Taliban and other Islamists feel about women.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1719
Joined  05-06-2012

15 October 2012 12:39

Answerer - 09 October 2012 05:13 PM
Die fröhliche Wissenschaft (Rob) - 09 October 2012 03:27 PM

When I heard the story on NPR this morning, the report also mentioned a stated reason by the Taliban was her secularist views. That’s a hard religious bullet to dodge, I think. No doubt we’re talking about a theocratic paradigm no matter how twisted the group think of the culture. The closer the movement towards secularism, the farther from fundamental religion one becomes [my theory anyway]. The foundation of these religions consisted of theocratic societies that is forever etched in religious text, no matter how much the human impetus for them is demonstrated. Some people change or water down their beliefs, others exercise more orthodoxy, but the ancient text remains to use as a standard for behavior motivated by belief, perhaps altered as one wills, but inescapably, primarily religious. The only consolation for the religious since “people are all not the same” [We get it!] is that there is good religion and bad religion dependent on good people and bad people. Yet, they are both spawned from the same source (eg, religion), and reduced to the ultimate common denominator - people. The question in my mind is, if they can get that far through the analysis, why bother with religion at all? By freeing themselves and taking direct responsibility for their actions, wouldn’t that open them up to saner more humane, compassionate and rational possibilities? Of course, education over ignorance is a key factor too.

Generally agree.  If the same source can supply rationale for pacifists and murderers, there’s something wrong with the source.

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  5865
Joined  15-05-2009

15 October 2012 23:20

Heard an interview with a Pakistani woman this afternoon.  Education is not mandatory in Pakistan.  About half of the kids do not attend school.  The woman’s hope was that this action is a turning point.  She believed the majority of Pakistanis deplore this shooting, and this will bolster the support for education.  I sure hope she’s right, but what can the moderate, educated Pakistanis do but hope?

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1719
Joined  05-06-2012

16 October 2012 17:07

Hannah2 - 15 October 2012 09:20 PM

Heard an interview with a Pakistani woman this afternoon.  Education is not mandatory in Pakistan.  About half of the kids do not attend school.  The woman’s hope was that this action is a turning point.  She believed the majority of Pakistanis deplore this shooting, and this will bolster the support for education.  I sure hope she’s right, but what can the moderate, educated Pakistanis do but hope?

They can, and should, fight for control over their own society and to reclaim it from the grasp of ignorants, tyrants, terrorists, etc.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  15634
Joined  15-02-2008

16 October 2012 17:15

hannahtoo

hannahtoo
Total Posts:  5865
Joined  15-05-2009

16 October 2012 22:38

Mike78 - 16 October 2012 03:07 PM
Hannah2 - 15 October 2012 09:20 PM

They can, and should, fight for control over their own society and to reclaim it from the grasp of ignorants, tyrants, terrorists, etc.

The extremists are getting sympathy by saying, “Why are you so upset about one girl being harmed when so many innocents are killed by drone airplane attacks?  It is the US who is the enemy of Pakistan, not the Taliban.”

Glad I don’t live there!  I predict a brain drain of the educated.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

17 October 2012 13:59

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  8482
Joined  20-10-2006

17 October 2012 14:37

GAD - 17 October 2012 11:59 AM

Morning funnies.

Taliban Demands Unbiased Coverage of Its Attempted Murder of a 14-Year-Old Girl

If the Pakistani media and government expect to be taken at all seriously they won’t cave to terrorist demands and use the momentum, if there is any, to go after the Taliban sumbitches.

eucaryote

eucaryote
Total Posts:  3470
Joined  20-08-2006

18 October 2012 01:40

Skipshot - 17 October 2012 12:37 PM

Morning funnies.

If the Pakistani media and government expect to be taken at all seriously they won’t cave to terrorist demands and use the momentum, if there is any, to go after the Taliban sumbitches.

Check on that. Meanwhile in the U.S. right wing xitans, especially catholics and including mormons, would like to practice their own misogyny by turning back the clock. Equal pay for women? Nah, reproductive health care for women? Nah? abortion rights for women? Nah. secular education for anyone? Nah. Send our young men to die is what amount to religious wars? Sure, you bet. Where have all the flowers gone?

Anyone, anywhere who thinks that religion brings morals to our world ....... should be pitied for their ignorance and vilified and ridiculed for their backward “beiliefs” that cause so many others so much pain. It’s true, religion ruins everything.

We should catch the shitheads that shot these little girls, cut their dicks off and castrate them on international television.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

18 October 2012 02:00

Skipshot - 17 October 2012 12:37 PM

Morning funnies.

Looks like there is at least some momentum on this one, but too bad it took children getting executed to get it going.